Book 2 – Page 52

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 52

Postby balder » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:36 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 52

Postby omgitsgene » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:43 am

O Snap!! Sassy owl for the win! HILARIOUS.
omgitsgene

Postby joosy » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:46 am

ah. So the portal is in the dungeon. It was the same in GK so its possible that all city capitals keep their MK portals in the dungeon.

and poor Ossomer :( Not even the enemy wants to play with you now.

I predict Ossomer will wait until the arrows are done then go stack with the archons out of range of the tower defenses Once GK has control of the Courtyard and the Dungeon then they have several options for the tower. They can take it unit by unit or they can use the reds and purples to raze it - not the best plan as they will have to spend Schmuckers to rebuild and won't be able to pop Jetstone unit types.
joosy

Postby kagato23 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 4:52 am

Poor Ossamer.

Looks like the moment of truth is here. NOW we see what Trem has planned, and if he truly is holding the ball of idiocy or not.
Portal X Parson OTP!
kagato23
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby cloudbreaker » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:03 am

Oh man, you gotta love those orlies.

And the unipegataur with the mustache. :P
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby fjolnir » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:06 am

He's certainly not holding the idiot ball, if anyone is holding that particular item it's most assuredly Slately, the king of hubris.

Trem clearly sees the writing on the wall, and good to see he's not above retorts even when the chips are down.
fjolnir

Postby StClair » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:07 am

Still grinning from the Tarkin ref.
StClair

Postby Atomic » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:11 am

I promised myself I wouldn't post this late at night after my temporary confusion with Heavies and the ability to speak Language, but I just love the art in this update... Xin, you continue to out-do yourself.

Mr. 'Stash looks a bit out of place, but I can only assume him to be a high(er) level Unipegataur than the rest, or something along those lines... The "O SNAP"-Orly honestly makes my day, though...and the comic is ahead of schedule, too!!

Makes me worried about Captain Archer...and Sylvia, to a lesser extent. As much protection as the Dwagon-carcass can provide, I'm scared an arrow or two will make it through. Regardless, I'm absolutely giddy for the next update! :)
Rob Balder wrote:We have one rule in these forums: don't be a dick.
Atomic

Postby cloudbreaker » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:15 am

Atomic wrote:...

Mr. 'Stash looks a bit out of place, but I can only assume him to be a high(er) level Unipegataur than the rest, or something along those lines... The "O SNAP"-Orly honestly makes my day, though...and the comic is ahead of schedule, too!!

Nonsense. He's just exceptionally cool. Some unipegataurs are bound to be popped cooler than others.

[edit]Either that or the "chocolate unicorn angel" has a chocolate milk mustache?
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Afjord » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:18 am

Why did we ever doubt you Tram? Save Jetstone! (I have to side with the "good guys", cuz i'm a good little choirboy :P )

Yours truly
Afjord
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby fnorvous » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:33 am

How does this attacking work? I always assumed, like in most TBS games, that you attack once. Force A attacks Force B, done.
What gives the archers+dittomancy at the beginning of the strip significantly LESS attack-times than the ones in the tower?
So, on their turn, they signal parley, talk a while, GK falls dwagons, and launch countless volleys. To what end are they forced to stop? If it's when they end turn, then it seems kinda bad because noone from GK can move to another hex.

Something HAS to happen to Parson when he enters MK. Maybe he gets stalled or something and realizes something about the MK conspiracy.

MK is the best place for him to learn the battle between hippiemancers who quiets war, and Charlie whose business is war. In this case, I expect those master thinkamancers to have a fnord spell - which keeps up their secrecy MO.

Somehow, I think date-a-mancers might have been involved in a past conspiracy, pre-Summon Perfect Warlord. It seems reasonable that this wouldn't be the hippies' sides first attempt at ending war, and using love to end fights peacefully seems to be a good idea. It probably flopped, simply because they abandoned that plan, but aftereffects still exist. Is there a dateamancy spell on Jillian? She seems like a pretty valid target, since she was the violent successor to the peaceful Banhammer.
fnorvous

Postby Nows7 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:47 am

I would expect a Uni-brow-ataur before a mustache-ataur.

So now that Parson knows that the Wanda and Jack are alive, his plan IS to go to JS. Living up to that whole "I wont' command someone to do something I wouldn't do".

He's commanding them to take the dungeon, geuss once the units are in the garrison they CAN move from one part to another. Once they take the dungeon, will they move up to the tower? Trem is already seeing the writing on the wall and thinking about getting King Slately out.

If ossmar wasn't such a Douche (with a capital "D") I'd feel sorry for him, Trem's parting word had to have hurt.

Should only take Parson a couple months to get through the MK. Can I just skip ahead to when erfworld gets made into a movie, so that I can watch this in real(ish) time? I could so see Angelina Jolee as Wanda.
Nows7
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby King Mir » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:54 am

*delurk*

Looks like it's time for Tramennis to have things turn in his favor now. We weren't told Parson's plan, so it worked. Now we are told, and arn't told Tramennis's plan, so that will work. It will work up until Parson realizes a change of plans is in order. Then we'll see.

PS. I wonder if people will say that parson will hold the idiot ball.
King Mir

Postby Snowtitan » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:01 am

Nows7 wrote:I would expect a Uni-brow-ataur before a mustache-ataur.

Except they've already done that joke with city names :)

Also does anybody thing that bird looks like it's taking a photo?
They could have a spy in their midst
Oh no.. not again.
Snowtitan

Postby oslecamo2 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:24 am

Another excellent update!

Gotta LOVE Trem's schyzophrenia.

Some minutes ago:
-Hey, let's parley instead of killing them all! What's the worst that could happen?

Now:
-Me, tempting the titans? How dare you insinuate such a thing?
oslecamo2

Postby danhaas » Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:02 am

O snap!

So they can move through zones out of turn, and the portal is in their dungeon. Awesome.
danhaas

Postby Catherine_Puce » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:34 am

danhaas wrote:O snap!

So they can move through zones out of turn, and the portal is in their dungeon. Awesome.

From what we know they cannot, this is why they need the failing trick to reach the courtyard. I think this is because they are under attack. If range attack would be protected by the zone rule. It would be simple to always win against melee unit. Just wait your turn and shoot them from the other hex. By attacking Jetstone allowed the enemy to launch a counter attack.

Ça risque de leur être mortel.

S.P.P.
Catherine_Puce

Postby Rakullu1 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:42 am

O Snap! O relies are now my favorite unit.
Rakullu1

Postby luxgladius » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:49 am

StClair wrote:Still grinning from the Tarkin ref.

It's a nice parallel to draw. Both Slately and Tarkin, supremely confident and arrogantly assured of their power and absolute control of the situation; both taking sadistic pleasure in watching the enemy squirm and writhe away from their certain defeat. And both about to have the rug pulled out from under them with gusto!
luxgladius

Postby Lamech » Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:56 am

Aww... Tram doesn't realize that the hier of Jetstone might be right in front of him...
fnorvous wrote:How does this attacking work? I always assumed, like in most TBS games, that you attack once. Force A attacks Force B, done.
What gives the archers+dittomancy at the beginning of the strip significantly LESS attack-times than the ones in the tower?
So, on their turn, they signal parley, talk a while, GK falls dwagons, and launch countless volleys. To what end are they forced to stop? If it's when they end turn, then it seems kinda bad because noone from GK can move to another hex.
They need to stop when they run out of arrows. Erfworld handles its battles like the total war games. The battles are in real time and the overworld is turn based.
Lamech

Next

Return to Reactions