Fans PC game in alpha testing phase

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Fans PC game in alpha testing phase

Postby youngstormlord » Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:30 pm

Ok, I have made a PC game using Game Maker and some artwork from comics. It's a fan work, still in alpha phase, I don't intend to sell it ('cause that would be breaking Rob's rights which is "Just NO!" for me or anyone else for that matter. By no means do I want to steal from my favorite webcomic author :) ). The final version should star Stanley, have him wielding Arkenhammer, have bosses and more types of enemies... if you like this one, of course :ugeek: .

So, here's link for download and tell me what you think: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=PNOGWGEZ

P.S Rob, if I did something horrible by making this, it was done from ignorance. PM me and end that ignorance. Or flay me alive. Whatever seems like a right thing to do at the time :|

Here's screenshot for you all:

Spoiler: show
Last edited by youngstormlord on Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don't click on this link, you might feel cheated if you do.
Hint:
It's my fanfiction. :)

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Re: Fans PC game in alpha testing phase

Postby Afjord » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:23 pm

"Filen, som du har forsøgt at få adgang til, er midlertidigt ikke til rådighed. Prøv venligst igen senere."
Translated that is
"The file that you are currently trying to access is temporarily unavailability. Try again later"
Afjord
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby youngstormlord » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:41 am

Afjord wrote:"Filen, som du har forsøgt at få adgang til, er midlertidigt ikke til rådighed. Prøv venligst igen senere."
Translated that is
"The file that you are currently trying to access is temporarily unavailability. Try again later"

Err, sorry about that. It appears my paid subscription to that service ended on 25th. :oops: I have changed link to the one working now. If it displays the same message, keep refreshing the page for about 30 seconds.

I've upgraded version from version 0.01 to ver0.02. I've also changed the shape of the "bullet" and added better looking bats. Hope you'll enjoy the game and an sorry for the inconvenience. Also, sorry about bad looking graphics. This is alpha version; I'm not a pixel artist, just a coder and I did the best I could with the best free photoshop equivalent and free comic pictures. Next version should have more enemies, shield upgrade and weapon upgrades (I hope ) and even better programmed bats.

Hope you'll enjoy it.

P.S Number of bats increases the more you stay alive :mrgreen:Pictures
screenshot101.png
screenshot 2
screenshot101.png (68.55 KiB) Viewed 2799 times
screenshot100.png
screen shot
screenshot100.png (67.56 KiB) Viewed 2799 times
Hint:

My erf PC game (first test version): Jack Attack Update: Gone after fall of megaupload. Update2: Uploaded again on another hosting. Give it a go.
youngstormlord
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Afjord » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:25 am

Took some time out of my busy schedule (ya, right... pss) to test the game.
It does need some work, but have potential to be a fun lunch-break game. You could make the shooting mechanism a bit funnier/tougher/more innovative. Each shot takes 1 point away from your score, making it look better and the like
Afjord
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby youngstormlord » Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:25 am

Afjord wrote:Took some time out of my busy schedule (ya, right... pss) to test the game.
It does need some work, but have potential to be a fun lunch-break game. You could make the shooting mechanism a bit funnier/tougher/more innovative. Each shot takes 1 point away from your score, making it look better and the like

I intend to make shooting like a flamethrower and aimed with a mouse :). It is supposed to star Stanley on his plaited red, against the whole world. Needs weeks of work, though, and some good sprites.
Hint:

youngstormlord
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby youngstormlord » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:12 pm

Uploaded a version 0.02 again (took some time to find a game after megaupload got killed by FBI and moving to other projects). I hope the game will be finished proper in July or August, when I get time to work on it. Here's a new link https://sites.google.com/site/poslovneskripte/ERFWORLD.zip?attredirects=0&d=1.
Hint:

youngstormlord
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Return to Your Games