Book 2 – Text Updates 040

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Text Updates 040

Postby balder » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:15 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 040

Postby Ruduen » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:19 pm

That didn't take very long for the message to get seen.
Ruduen

Postby Chevalier » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:26 pm

I'm hoping the temple is a 1970s style jungle gym.
Chevalier

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:34 pm

Isaac ... Isaac ... action and reaction ... who could he possibly be a reference to I wonder ... ;)

Nice. So we have three MK-related updates about how Parson will be allowed passage by a conspiracy of GMWTA.

It's almost ... too easy. Never trust conspiracies I say- there'll be a surprise for our favourite CWL.

PS: I'm guessing the merry-go-round is the Caster Accelerator? Or are the bumper cars the Caster Collider?
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby ftl » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:48 pm

Aah! Thinkamancer playground!

I'm sure people are going to analyze semantics and grammar and try to figure out whether this supports or refutes the "Charlie is the Arkendish" claim.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Joe Falco » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:51 pm

What's sad is the serious looks on the thinkamancers' faces when "operating" the devices.
Joe Falco

Postby Trotsky » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:52 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Isaac ... Isaac ... action and reaction ... who could he possibly be a reference to I wonder ... ;)

Nice. So we have three MK-related updates about how Parson will be allowed passage by a conspiracy of GMWTA.

It's almost ... too easy. Never trust conspiracies I say- there'll be a surprise for our favourite CWL.

PS: I'm guessing the merry-go-round is the Caster Accelerator? Or are the bumper cars the Caster Collider?

Clearly Isaac Asimov :? (<--This emoticon was always here). Of course, after this page I think we need an Actions board to go with the Reactions one. On it you have to argue the side you don't believe in on whatever topic is currently being over-debated in circles.
Last edited by Trotsky on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BLANDCorporatio wrote:
DoctorJest wrote:"Wolves are like dogs, but dogs are like dogs, so therefore: kittens".

DoctorJest, if I weren't referentially married to my sig I'd use that instead.
Trotsky

Postby niklinna » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:56 pm

Trotsky wrote:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:Isaac ... Isaac ... action and reaction ... who could he possibly be a reference to I wonder ... ;)

Clearly Isaac Asimov.

Uh...perhaps partially (since Rob likes to layer and compound his puns), but likely not primarily.
niklinna
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Trotsky » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:00 pm

niklinna wrote:
Trotsky wrote:

Clearly Isaac Asimov.

Uh...perhaps partially (since Rob likes to layer and compound his puns), but likely not primarily.

I was joking. In retrospect I should have added an emoticon in order to emote my intentions through icons. In fact, I will go back and edit one and claim it was always there so you will look foolish. HA, how about that! :twisted:
BLANDCorporatio wrote:
DoctorJest wrote:"Wolves are like dogs, but dogs are like dogs, so therefore: kittens".

DoctorJest, if I weren't referentially married to my sig I'd use that instead.
Trotsky

Postby drachefly » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:01 pm

Trotsky, whose law is "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction"? Hmm?

Anyway, the math of nodes and such... well, they could mean different things, there, closer to what I would normally call an antinode. And some of them seem to be used as modes.
drachefly

Postby coyo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:02 pm

Trotsky wrote:

Clearly Isaac Asimov :? . Of course, after this page I think we need an Actions board to go with the Reactions one. On it you have to argue the side you don't believe in on whatever topic is currently being over-debated in circles.

Not Newton? Ah figgs.
. o O (we're just approximations of ourselves)
. o O (imagination is)
coyo
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby fjolnir » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:03 pm

WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!

Now that that is out of the way, I find it interesting that playground toys are tools of amplification on erf...

Is the greater war the one on war?
fjolnir

Postby niklinna » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:04 pm

Trotsky wrote:
niklinna wrote:
Trotsky wrote:Uh...perhaps partially (since Rob likes to layer and compound his puns), but likely not primarily.

I was joking. In retrospect I should have added an emoticon in order to emote my intentions through icons. In fact, I will go back and edit one and claim it was always there so you will look foolish. HA, how about that! :twisted:

Don't make me power up my time machine.... :ugeek:
niklinna
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby effataigus » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:06 pm

coyo wrote:
Trotsky wrote:

Clearly Isaac Asimov :? . Of course, after this page I think we need an Actions board to go with the Reactions one. On it you have to argue the side you don't believe in on whatever topic is currently being over-debated in circles.

Not Newton? Ah figgs.

Newton, who dat? Clearly Isaac Redman.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isaac_Redman

Runningbacks know all about forces and counter-forces. I would have gone with Mendenhall though... Redman is pretty obscure, Rob.

[/troll]

Also, the actions thread is a great idea. At long last, I can just argue with myself without relying upon other people to keep me distracted from work!
Last edited by effataigus on Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
effataigus

Postby Sylvan » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:09 pm

I love this update. I kind of saw it coming, when he was describing the "spring mount", but I kept waiting to see these serious devices of Erf science and ended up with a barrel full of monkeys. Fan-freaking-tastic.

Joe Falco wrote:What's sad is the serious looks on the thinkamancers' faces when "operating" the devices.

Sad? I think it would be awesome if I had a special sixth sense that would allow me to investigate the world by spending all day in a playground, or exercising and running around. I stand corrected in my views on Erf science. Clearly some of them are trying, and those guys are alright in my book.
Sylvan

Postby eilandesq » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:15 pm

What would a time stamp for Erfworld look like?
Thus he came alone to Angband's gates, and he sounded his horn, and smote once upon the brazen doors, and challenged Morgoth to come forth to single combat. And Morgoth came.- from The Silmarillion by J.R.R. Tolkien
eilandesq

Postby Sixty » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:17 pm

I believe I see Zelda in the background there. Any other familiar faces?
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby atalex » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:35 pm

I think it's Isaac Hayes. Whoever he is, he's obviously a bad motherbooper. (Shut yo' mouth!)
atalex

Postby melhelix » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Ooo! Morticia Addams in the background!
Last edited by melhelix on Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
melhelix
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby pSycHOtic chICkeN » Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:46 pm

Nice. I like that wave mechanics apply to string theory in erf world.
pSycHOtic chICkeN

Next

Return to Reactions