Book 2 – Text Updates 040

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 040

Postby pSycHOtic chICkeN » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:06 pm

drachefly wrote:... Who's the guy pushing the swing? Looks like Supreme Court justice Scalia.

Interesting that they haven't worked out pumping yet.

The thinkamancers would want to linger at the node longer. That could work counter to pumping. It would also be hard to maintain a precise amplitude and still concentrate on the thinking. It is also debatable if a "swing" would be the ideal apparatus. A mechanical metronome would give a more precise frequency. It is not clear in the picture if the seat is suspended from a flexible cable or attached to a ridged rod.

joosy wrote:
I predict a Mathamancer called Leibniz who is at odds with Isaac over some ideas. :)

I predict a retconjurer called Schrodinger who has an uncroaked cat.
pSycHOtic chICkeN

Postby Hidden Sanity » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:30 pm

I'm hoping for some casters name "Locke" and "Demosthenes" myself... thinkamancers would be a solid choice, but so would a few other schools.
Hidden Sanity

Postby fjolnir » Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:42 pm

Schrodinger will not be a retconjurer only the titans practice that school...
fjolnir

Postby BakaGrappler » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:35 am

Speaking of the art of looking at past events and molding them to your current thoughts (Retconjuration), after looking through the archives again (I love the story sooo much) I realize that Charlie's fear of his involvement being exposed to Gobwin Knob has a very high chance of coming true now.

Duke Antium was standing right THERE when Prince Sammy told Tramennus that Charlie was directing the battle, and now he's decrypted. I have a feeling that there is going to be enough time between his decrypting and the arrows stopping for conversation to take place.
Hey, have you read Shadows of the Evergreen? It's my ErfFic. People say it's pretty good over here, and who am I to argue? Check it out, and then tell me what you think of my hack writing.
Last Updated: 6/16/14
BakaGrappler

Postby drachefly » Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:41 am

pSycHOtic chICkeN wrote:
drachefly wrote:Interesting that they haven't worked out pumping yet.

The thinkamancers would want to linger at the node longer. That could work counter to pumping.

Eh, it would work counter if either you're using your whole body to pump as opposed to just the legs (thus whipping the head out of place), or if you pump excessively so you pass through the node instead of entering it, crossing it, and turning back.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby the_tick_rules » Wed Feb 09, 2011 1:07 pm

That sounds dirty :lol:
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby DoctorJest » Thu Feb 10, 2011 12:35 pm

In a string of dull days, this one surely looked to be just another.

Come on Rob! We need an update!
DoctorJest

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Thu Feb 10, 2011 1:52 pm

Yep, we need it. Erfworld is the crack of webcomics.
3 Naughtymancers of different disciplines walk into a bar... wait, forget what I just said. A shockmancer and a croakamancer walk into a bar.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

Postby danhaas » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:23 pm

f5, f5, f5...
danhaas

Postby GammaRay » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:55 pm

Hidden Sanity wrote:I'm hoping for some casters name "Locke" and "Demosthenes" myself... thinkamancers would be a solid choice, but so would a few other schools.

I'll bet he'll look like Locke from LOST. :lol:
GammaRay

Postby Tanaar » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:50 pm

fjolnir wrote:Schrodinger will not be a retconjurer only the titans practice that school...

You heard it here, folks! The first named Titan: Erwin Schrödinger! Edit: Not counting the authors and illustrators.

GammaRay wrote:I'll bet he'll look like Locke from LOST. :lol:

Creepy...I'm watching LOST right now. As I read that post. Boone's dying as I type this, spilling his guts about the hatch and the plane. Also literally.
Tanaar

Postby pSycHOtic chICkeN » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:16 am

Tanaar wrote:
fjolnir wrote:Schrodinger will not be a retconjurer only the titans practice that school...

You heard it here, folks! The first named Titan: Erwin Schrödinger! Edit: Not counting the authors and illustrators.

Perhaps it is a pure theoretical school. Rob could easily to work that in to the story. The warlords greatest fear: instead of a caster from any of the useful schools of magic (s)he might get a retconjurer. A caster that can speak volumes about the mechanics of erfworld but does not actually cast any spells. Maybe Ace Hardware gets consoled by Schrodinger. He (and his cat) understand how it feels to be under appreciated. Maybe an unemployed Schrodinger does some work for Janis in the magic kingdom.

Actually Rob would not need to write anything. Xin could just add a guy with a box and a cat somewhere in the background.
pSycHOtic chICkeN

Previous

Return to Reactions