. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Re: Book 2 – Page 53

Postby Hidden Sanity » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:25 am

No, balder is first.
Hidden Sanity

Postby Atomic » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:26 am

Oohohoho! My incessant refreshing/ reloading of the Erfworld main-page finally paid off. Love the art, and Tramennis does a fabulous job of re-capping Jetstone's current position...but it leaves me wondering whether or not the casters are there for protecting Slately, or if they're leaving the city with him. I can't imagine that Tramennis would let them leave the city considering the immense value they'd add to their leadership bonus(es). Yet he spells everything out so clearly, it makes me wonder if the casters really are leaving with Slately.

I wonder what Parson will be able to add the battle, though. His magical items can't be that powerful, otherwise Ansom (or another high-level Warlord) would've been wearing 'em. I mean, the ability to think-on-the-fly is great, but Tramennis is right; they outnumber and have greater leadership. Hm.

Edit 1: Third...but people can tell I actually read the comic before posting! Ahaha! :)
Edit 2: Is the Healomancer Alan Alda from M.A.S.H., or am I just getting my hopes up?
Last edited by Atomic on Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Rob Balder wrote:We have one rule in these forums: don't be a dick.
Atomic

Postby Neko » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:27 am

Whoa - Slately has a breakthough, and Tremennis lives to fight again. Didn't see the option of quitting the city coming, but it does make perfect sense. I wonder what Parson will say once he gets there?
Neko
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:29 am

Sweet.

on an other note, Ossomer must feel quite bad... Is there anything like morale in Erfworld? I can't remember...
3 Naughtymancers of different disciplines walk into a bar... wait, forget what I just said. A shockmancer and a croakamancer walk into a bar.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

Postby yuffiek » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:29 am

Hmm.. It looks like Slately's finally realized he's been doing the same thing as Stanley. (Picking the most handsome and dashing to be Chief Warlord, instead of someone who can actually understand tactics.)
yuffiek

Postby spriteless » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:30 am

This is good. I wonder if poor Tramenis's heart is broken, and what he will do to deal? Hmm.

Tents and martinis are apparently the realm of carny-mancers.
T'was a splendidly speedy defection.
spriteless

Postby Angband » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:35 am

So why didn't they just use the spelled-up tower, the casters and all those archers to simply cleanse the airspace of GK units prior to flying the king out of the city?

The spells in the tower, especially, will be lost if they have to abandon Spacerock.
Angband
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Menlo Marseilles » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:38 am

Harsh. Probably true, but harsh.
Angband wrote:So why didn't they just use the spelled-up tower, the casters and all those archers to simply cleanse the airspace of GK units prior to flying the king out of the city?

The spells in the tower, especially, will be lost if they have to abandon Spacerock.
Didn't they already use them up to croak the siege?
and in despair i bowed my head
"there is no peace on erf," i said
for fate is strong and mocks the song
of peace on erf, good will to men
Menlo Marseilles

Postby Dr Pepper » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:39 am

WREQUIEM!

Oh, there will be a WREQUENING now!

And it will leave a lot of WREQUAGE!

Next text update will be a thinkagram between Slately and someone he considers a friend. Hmm, it has to be someone he feels is a genuine peer, given his class snobbery. So it won't be barely regal King Don. I'm guessing it will be Sofa King.

"We are, Sofa King, doomed" sighed Slately. "I am Sofa King. Sorry.", the other responded.
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
Dr Pepper

Postby MonteCristo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:39 am

oh wow... really wow. I just love this page so much
Stately has managed to make a real breakthrough and i can really feel the emotion through the dialouge and the pacing.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Smoker » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:40 am

Atomic wrote:Edit 2: Is the Healomancer Alan Alda from M.A.S.H., or am I just getting my hopes up?

That would like that so much, my like glad might rupture. He has the jacket and the martini... but I dont know about his actual face - is it a (ahem) mash-up of a few different characters?
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Postby EarwaxRock » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:44 am

It seemed like after Ansom was decrypted, he just went into full cognitive dissonance-mode, accepting his new side to be in the right, regardless of what they did, despite the fact that he felt the same way about the other side just seconds before.

On the other hand, Ossomer, who seemed at least equally proud when we first met him, seems (just from reading his body language) to feel quite a bit of shame over the way his side is behaving. I don't know if this shows a difference in character that I hadn't noticed, or if Ansom would have reacted the same way if he had stayed around to see Gobwin Knob's latest tactics.

One way or another, I can't help but think that Ossomer-thing's feelings will have a role to play in the coming battle. I wonder if decrypted can have a low enough loyalty level to rebel...
EarwaxRock
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Angband » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:44 am

Menlo Marseilles wrote:Didn't they already use them up to croak the siege?

Nope, they were still blasting with tower spells when Tramennis called off the shooting. And he specifically told the casters to save their own juice. (Now, whether the archers have used all their arrows, or if their chance of hitting archons/Ossomer is too low, is a good question.)
Angband
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Atomic » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:45 am

Smoker wrote:I dont know about his actual face - is it a (ahem) mash-up of a few different characters?

You disgust me. lol.
Rob Balder wrote:We have one rule in these forums: don't be a dick.
Atomic

Postby zadcap » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:49 am

I love it, but to be honest, I am getting antsy at the amount of lead up. It's starting to have the opposite affect; For a while, it was cool, drawing tension, moving towards a Big Moment. But now, however, it's gone slightly too far, and now I am left with a feeling of, to quote Monty Python, "Get On With It!"
zadcap

Postby Thomas60 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:50 am

huzzah!
can't wait till parsons next musing or conversation :)
Thomas60

Postby Ruduen » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:51 am

Come to think of it, who are the likely candidates for the king to talk to? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is Don King, but that doesn't sound right as his choice for immediate consultation.

Hm...
Ruduen

Postby Dr Pepper » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:01 am

I got a new monitor last week. Well new-er, actually, i found a 5 year old lcd monitor at a thrift store for $40 and swapped out the 12 year old crt monitor i had been using. And now i can use the full power of Windows's built in screen magnification.

At max zoom, that really does look like Hawkeye Pierce, minus a bit of jaw definition. But he's got stubble, green scrubs, a surgeon's cap, and partly obscured by Ditto Man's lollipop, there's a breathing mask dangling from his neck.

Also, as long as i was stetcching the pixels, i had a look at Wanda's command group in the next panel. It looks as if Antium didn't get a new arm. But that just might be the perspective.
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
Dr Pepper

Next

Return to Reactions