All Quiet on the Erfian Front

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

All Quiet on the Erfian Front

Postby LTDave » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:22 pm

Things have certainly gone still over here. I've been away a bit, but there's usually a lot of other things happening. Where has everyone gone?

Is it the New Erf forum that's getting all the action?

If folks are interested, I might try another Matrix style campaign...

Or we could play Erfworld Empires...

Or perhaps a 1 on 1 The Battle for [x]...

Any takers?
LTDave

Re: All Quiet on the Erfian Front

Postby Twoy » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:42 am

No action at New Erf either. I just started playing Elemental: War of Magic a couple of weeks ago, so that's taking quite a bit of my free time.

I might be tempted to play an Erfworld Empires, but I will be moving out of the hotel and into my new apartment in about two weeks. I don't expect more than a day or two of down time though.
Twoy

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:09 am

Yeah I wonder where everyone went. Scared off by Oddworld mebbe :P
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:06 pm

I attempted to get another TBfGK-style GM game off the ground, but with almost 0 takers...

If you guys are interested, I might start hashing out more details.
WaterMonkey314

Postby Sihoiba » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:43 pm

I'm still waiting for further orders in the tale of two cities, I'm reluctant to call it dead if I can maybe get a few more responses out of people.
Sihoiba

Postby LTDave » Fri Feb 18, 2011 8:51 pm

Well, there's still about five of us here. Let's do something.

BLAND, why don't you downscale your mine island map, and have us four play? Or something?
LTDave

Postby Nihila » Sat Feb 19, 2011 11:38 am

I'm also here, but that makes it a less-nice number...
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Stryke » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:14 am

Nihila wrote:I'm also here, but that makes it a less-nice number...

unless i was to jump in, i'm only availible till the end of march however so if your gonna do something do it soon
Stryke

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:57 am

LTDave wrote:Well, there's still about five of us here. Let's do something.

BLAND, why don't you downscale your mine island map, and have us four play? Or something?

Stryke wrote:
Nihila wrote:I'm also here, but that makes it a less-nice number...

unless i was to jump in, i'm only availible till the end of march however so if your gonna do something do it soon

Almost perfect but I must ask for y'all to wait until this Wednesday in that case. A deadline whooshes dangerously by, but once past, I can GM until the end of March.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Nihila » Sun Feb 20, 2011 9:43 am

If we had Twoy and Stryke replace HerbieRai and Foolamancer, we could have BLAND's Mine Island game pretty much ready. If they pick teams, we could get units posted for the 3 people who have to soon.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby Stryke » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:00 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Almost perfect but I must ask for y'all to wait until this Wednesday in that case. A deadline whooshes dangerously by, but once past, I can GM until the end of March.

Awsome. Even if your not gonna do anything till wednesday can you post which rule set you intend to use, this will be my fist game and i'd like to get as much time to get an handle on the rules as possible.
Stryke

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:56 pm

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aw1 ... y=CLa8i8sJ <- linky to rules doc.

The rest of the info you'll need (map, links to combat calc, etc) are in BLAND's "Battle for Mine Island" thread.
WaterMonkey314

Postby Stryke » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:17 pm

Just to be clear Watermonkey will be GMing and not BLAND?
Stryke

Postby Nihila » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:21 pm

No, BLAND will be GM'ing. You and Twoy should pick teams anyhow, in the Battle for Mine Island thread. And then consult your respective teams for unit building, so we have synergy.
Nihila

Postby Stryke » Mon Feb 21, 2011 10:41 am

HI guys just a quick FYI, i'm gonna be on an international flight Wed/Thur so i will be inactive for those days and it might be friday before i post anything, i'll do my best to get something up before then but if i dont rest assured i will eventuallly
Stryke

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:41 pm

Stryke wrote:HI guys just a quick FYI, i'm gonna be on an international flight Wed/Thur so i will be inactive for those days and it might be friday before i post anything, i'll do my best to get something up before then but if i dont rest assured i will eventuallly

That's ok. If you looked through the thread and have any questions, of course feel free to ask.

Meanwhile, the stats on received units are as before. Whoever else needs to send units (or hidden units) do so during the next couple of days please. Let's get this show on the road!
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby thetobias » Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:13 pm

Ok, so here's the news on New Erf:

I am on indefinite hiatus because of a severe case of the school. Shusagi has currently taken over and I chat at least once a week with him concerning New Erf. So just remember y'all New Erf is not dead, it is in fact very much alive. Also: when I come back to New Erf I will come bearing some (until then) secret awesome, so don't give up hope.

Thetobias, out.
thetobias

Postby Shusagi » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:52 am

thetobias wrote:Ok, so here's the news on New Erf:

I am on indefinite hiatus because of a severe case of the school. Shusagi has currently taken over and I chat at least once a week with him concerning New Erf. So just remember y'all New Erf is not dead, it is in fact very much alive. Also: when I come back to New Erf I will come bearing some (until then) secret awesome, so don't give up hope.

Thetobias, out.

So I had a bunch of ideas for New Erf, both new ideas and fixes for old ideas that seemed to be unbalanced. Unfortunately, like Tobias, I had a lot of school and was too busy to do anything for a while.

..And, because such a long period of time has passed, I've started to lose interest. It's starting to sound like a lot of work, a chore.

If anyone else is interested in picking up the reigns, I'd be happy to talk over some of the ideas I had (talking about new erf doesn't feel like a chore, just actually doing anything about it does), and pass you over to Tobias for further guidance (Though I haven't seen him on in a couple weeks, might be just logging in at different times, hard to say). Or, if you want to take over the reigns and don't care about the ideas I had, feel free to contact Tobias directly and skip me. :P

MSN is the best way to get ahold of me, since I don't check the forums often. Gotan1_1 at hotmail dot com.
Shusagi

Postby Twoy » Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:16 pm

HerbieRai is planning to run a huge combat simulation. Perhaps if you get involved in that, it will renew your interest.
Twoy

Return to Your Games