Hamstard

Mind if we put this first?

Hamstard

Postby privatepepper » Thu May 14, 2009 4:19 am

It exists, and is more convincing than 2/3 of real webcomics that the authors abandoned!

http://www.hamstard.com/

I think we should try to get Hamstard on the topwebcomics.com top 100 list. Who's with me?
There's not much to be said. Follow me, and I will teach you the paths of love, of hate, of fire, of death, of life, of ice. Follow me, and I will lead you through years of victory and ruin.
privatepepper

Re: Hamstard

Postby dragonus45 » Thu May 14, 2009 9:59 am

hmmm, i wonder if there are any nuggets of wisdom or eater eggs to be found chillin in the site. It could be viral.
http://dragonus45.mybrute.com

My aol is link32190 hit me up some time i love to chat
dragonus45

Postby Dave Rapp » Sun May 24, 2009 7:24 am

Call me a blasphemer, but I never found Hamstard to be all that funny.
Dave Rapp

Postby Secret » Sun May 24, 2009 4:43 pm

When I first started reading Erfworld I looked up Hamstard and went through the site and I have never seen any hints or easter eggs or anything like that....
Also I have to agree with Dave Rapp, it's really not that good.(though a couple of them are ok)
"I only exist inside those people aware of my existence." -Lain
Secret
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby SteveMB » Sun May 24, 2009 4:59 pm

Dave Rapp wrote:Call me a blasphemer, but I never found Hamstard to be all that funny.

Er, I think that's sort of the point -- cranking out a lame webcomic is part of what Parson's life is like.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Xewleer » Sun May 24, 2009 10:47 pm

Dave Rapp wrote:Call me a blasphemer, but I never found Hamstard to be all that funny.

+1 The top 100 would be wasted on it.

Only read the first 20-odd. (unless I miscounted, which is an extreme possibility) If it's something that's supposed to make me laugh and it doesn't, not even once, I just don't read it. Not worth the time.
I'll show you how terrifying a true Christian can be!
Looking for a worthy opponent but the one man who can face me will not fight me anymore.
Xewleer

Postby Infidel » Sun May 24, 2009 11:13 pm

One of them made me laugh.
Who is that beautiful red-headed devil,
Stabs you in the heart so that she can level?
It's Scarlet!
- BC
Infidel
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby balder » Mon May 25, 2009 5:49 am

Yeah Hamstard was intentionally terrible. I think there are 21 strips in the archives, and I wrote the whole lot of them in 90 minutes. Considering how hard it is to make a good webcomic, it's depressingly easy to make a bad one.
balder

Postby Eiphel » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:25 pm

I always got the impression it was meant to suck. I can see it backfiring somewhat if others didn't.
Eiphel
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby HandofShadows » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:56 am

On occation you can make something a little funny by accident. Most of the time it's because the other person POV is a bit different.
HandofShadows

Postby Wiseguy » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:27 pm

balder wrote:Yeah Hamstard was intentionally terrible. I think there are 21 strips in the archives, and I wrote the whole lot of them in 90 minutes. Considering how hard it is to make a good webcomic, it's depressingly easy to make a bad one.

Well congrats, it was so boring it was funny :D
Wiseguy

Postby Bobby Archer » Tue Jun 16, 2009 12:04 am

balder wrote:Yeah Hamstard was intentionally terrible. I think there are 21 strips in the archives, and I wrote the whole lot of them in 90 minutes. Considering how hard it is to make a good webcomic, it's depressingly easy to make a bad one.

It does take a particular kind of talent, though, to make something that's so bad, it's funny.
Uncroaked for Hire

No, no, Misty is Uncle Ben; Bogroll is Gwen Stacy.
Bobby Archer

Location: Mass Hysteria, Chicago, IL, USA, Earth, Reality, Sanity

Postby CecilThoreau » Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:29 pm

When I first read Erfworld, I also checked the site, and I wasn't sure whether or not it was like a previous attempt at a webcomic. But then I found hints in the dates and such, and I realized that the quality difference was so great that it had to be a joke. I'm ashamed to have thought otherwise.
CecilThoreau

Postby depricated » Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:55 am

Ya, when I first saw Hamstard I thought it was actually funny because it was so bad.

Kind of like Rocky Horror, or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. It was so ridiculously over-the-top and pointless that it was funny.

Umm, like unintentional deadpan I think. Or maybe intentional.
depricated

Postby DevilDan » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:58 am

depricated wrote:Kind of like Rocky Horror, or Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. It was so ridiculously over-the-top and pointless that it was funny.

Reading the book helps you understand "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" on other levels.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Tommy » Sat May 07, 2011 7:14 pm

It's a pretty damn great attempt at an awful webcomic though.

I'll concur with the others that have said they never took it to be a serious attempt at humour. I always got the impression that a deliberately awful webcomic fit Parson's personality perfectly.
Tommy

Postby imgran » Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:20 pm

Hamstard shoutout in Sluggy today!
imgran

Return to Internet and Webcomics