Book 2 - Page 55

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 - Page 55

Postby Sir_Rigwald » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:33 am

New One is up.
Sir_Rigwald

Re: Book 2 - Page 55

Postby Krennson » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:34 am

aren't we required to wait until balder posts it himself?
Krennson

Postby Kenlin Bros » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:34 am

Who knows?
Kenlin Bros

Postby Ansan Gotti » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:35 am

Love it, love it, love it!

Benjamin seems like a bad mofo. I have no clue how this is all going to work out. They let him make the loan in exchange for stepping down? Or no heir for Jetstone?
Ansan Gotti
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby gameboy1234 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:35 am

Krennson wrote:aren't we required to wait until balder posts it himself?

Dunno, it's been a while since the comic was up. Maybe technical issues on Rob's end?

Thing about the comic is... both Don and Benny are right.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Krennson » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:37 am

yeah. Transylvito's situation has finally developed. A direct order has been disobeyed, and we are about to find out what happens when a conspiracy to disobey orders continues...
Krennson

Postby Kenlin Bros » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:37 am

gameboy1234 wrote:Thing about the comic is... both Don and Benny are right.

Too true.

A lot happened in this page - almost too quickly! Hopefully it shuts up those who were complaining about not enough happening fast enough :)
Kenlin Bros

Postby suryasm » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:42 am

Action! Drama! Conflict of ideals! Tests of loyalty! Royal Coalition about to get seriously booped! ('cos both Jetstone AND Transylvito are looking shaky)

Good times, good times....
suryasm

Postby elddonnemar » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:44 am

Hi everyone!

Thank you for all the kind comments in the reaction threads so far! I really appreciate them. And yes, I totally read them, so feel free to tell me if there's anything I can improve on.

Speaking of which, I want you guys to know that there is someone helping me with the art and that he deserves some well earned appreciation. President Allosaurus has helped me look over the pages for consistency and improvements in the past few months. In recent pages he's actually taken over color flats to save me time. The half page spread on page 49, the harvested dwagons text update, the doll coloring, the new reoccurring NPCs (such as the callipygous white hair girl), and many details some of you have been noticing are all things he's at least partly responsible for. He's helped me so much it's about time I gave him some credit for all the work he's doing.

So if you've like the details in the past few pages, drop him a comment and let him know!

Just to be clear, President is only helping me with the art, and has no knowledge of future events or plot, nor any weight in on what happens or any major details, so don't bother asking him for spoilers. XD

That's it for now, thanks for reading!
elddonnemar
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby gameboy1234 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:47 am

Woo! Xin! Thanks for the great comics!

And thanks to Pres. Allosaurus fo' helpin' out, yo.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Kenlin Bros » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:49 am

And to think I voted for the other guy!

Edit: And to add, the guy getting dusted right in the throat is awesome :twisted:
Last edited by Kenlin Bros on Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kenlin Bros

Postby mblackadder » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:50 am

Update is interesting Zebra print Fraklin? Interesting choice
Also he looks a lot more... "lifelike" in person compared to the rest of his side.
mblackadder
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Suitesned » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:53 am

I think Don wants to sacrifice himself and follow Bea, but wanted to make sure his kingdom wouldn't collapse if something was to happen to Caesar. So he is popping another heir. This also gives him more reason to help out Stately's request even though he knows he doesn't really have the funds.
Suitesned

Postby gameboy1234 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:59 am

I think Don wants to help his friend out. And he might agree that Jetstone would be better off with Tram in charge.

It's a sad thing, but must be done. Which is why Don doesn't really want to talk about it. Or probably even think about it too much. Don's going to be like the last royal left, and yeah there's a decent chance his side could end up not getting paid and go broke anyway. Could be the end of the line for all the Royals right here.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Suitesned » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:00 am

I like the first and second panels showing Jetstone's frontline becoming GK's frontline.
Suitesned

Postby cloudbreaker » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:13 am

Suitesned wrote:I like the first and second panels showing Jetstone's frontline becoming GK's frontline.

I didn't notice this on my first read through, but on my second I did and was delighted for some reason. Maybe it is because it reminded me of when I used to play Ages of Empires II and would make an army of nothing but priests so I could convert the enemy's army to use it against them. Yeah, that's probably it.

Great update. Keep up the amazing work!
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Fruggles » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:15 am

I think this is the first time in the series where I'm REALLY biting my nails to see what's going to happen. I've been pretty solid on my predictions through both books...until now. I've honestly got no clue what's going to happen - this time there are so many sides/factors involved, I think we're looking at another major turning point (on-par with the end of the Battle for GK).

Get Excited!
Frugs
Fruggles

Postby Beeskee » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:18 am

Very exciting update. The longer Ben spends before making a decision, the more likely Jetstone is to fall completely.
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby OneHugeTuck » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:19 am

1. Ha. Be discreet about digging a hole with a shovel!

2. Don won't rip his moneymancer's head off, but I wonder if he can rip Ceasar's off. That would be fun to see.

3. Man, the Arkenpliers are powerful. I wonder what we're not seeing about the Arkenhammer. Taming dwagons an shooting lightning doesn't seem to be at all comparable.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Grimnir » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:23 am

Hmm. The Transylvito situation is about to get really interesting. That's cool, more bat screentime is always great.

Wow. Now I realize that Jillian may have doomed both Jetstone and Transylvito when she jumped ship. Way to go, girl! :D
Last edited by Grimnir on Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Grimnir

Next

Return to Reactions