Stryke wrote:i'd like to make a few suggestions and support others
Will apply some of these to a future version of the Oddworld(x2) rules.
1) vague, specify. Although I have an idea about what needs done.
2) yep, as mentioned above I don't like "vestigial" specials
3) in principle ok ... I like putting a limit on special count, but not the flavour combo however. Why not have a Ranged Mancy for example?
4) NO. Absolutely not. Veils and Baffles are ludicrously
powerful if properly used; there's a reason why the min. Foola cost is a whopping 960 even for the puniest unit.
5) No. Would add little and cost too much to maintain as a GM. Plus, Erfworld rules (autoheal at dawn) prohibit this kind of behaviour. Don't worry, I hate Erfworld rules myself- that autoheal is one ugly beast to tame, and that's why Oddworld is so odd.
6) Redundant (unless you put a limit on special count, of course). Both Flier and Hover are a tad more expensive than Walker, and I can back up the difference with a napkin guesstimation as to why.
7) Noted. It really breaks the flow to have to wait around for the other side.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.