The Arkentool War - Prologue: "Gathering Clouds"

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

The Arkentool War - Prologue: "Gathering Clouds"

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:21 pm

Prologue: "Gathering Clouds"

Nestled in a corner of the Western Continent, Cameria is a sleepy kingdom far removed from the great powers of Jetstone, Gobwin Knob and their affairs. Rumors of the Royal Crown Coalition's march on Gobwin Knob, its sudden demise, and Gobwin Knob's subsequent march on Spacerock have trickled into Cameria, but the conflict has in general been far removed from Cameria's daily affairs. Cameria has not been threatened for hundreds of turns, thanks in part to its excellent relations with the powerful Alkimian Federation to the north and heavy mountains and forests extending far to the south.

Indeed, Cameria's chief concern at the moment is a roving band of barbarians that has fled south from the Alkimians lately and raided a number of farms around Bailey. The band itself is no major threat to the Camerian Army, but tracking it down has been more problematic. It has not been sighted for some turns; however, it was, at its last sighting, heading south towards Newcastle and Outpost.

Rules
General Ruleset
Supplement 1
Combat Spreadsheet

Map:
Spoiler: show

Cities:
Code: Select all
Neufchâtel
   Lv. 5 CAPITAL
   Outer Walls    120 hp
   Garrison    140 hp
   Tower       175 hp

Castelnau
   Lv. 5 City
   BIG TUNNELS (10 hits or less can enter)
   Outer Walls   40 hp
   Garrison   125 hp
   Tower      175 hp

Newcastle
   Lv. 4 City
   NO TUNNELS
   Outer Walls   70 hp
   Garrison   100 hp
   Tower      100 hp

Bailey
   Lv.3 City
   Outer Walls   50 hp
   Garrison   60 hp
   Tower      30 hp (leaning tower :) )

Outpost
   Lv. 1 City
   Outer      10 hp
   Garrison    15 hp
   Tower      30 hp

Oldcastle
   Lv. 3 UNCLAIMED CAPITAL SITE
   Outer      37 (50) hp
   Garrison   69 (120) hp
   Tower      58 (125) hp

Objectives:
1) Patrol the battlespace
The barbarians were last seen moving towards Newcastle and Outpost, but haven't been sighted for several turns. Investigate the area! COMPLETE! - The barbarians have been located!

2) Assess and eliminate the threat!
The barbarians are far too close to the Camerian heartland! Determine the most dangerous elements and eliminate them!

Secondary Objective:
A) Charlescomm's Specials
Charlie presents some interesting deals. Perhaps you should inquire for more details?

Ferrrr-durpppppp!!!!
Cameria's turn begins at dawn.
Last edited by WaterMonkey314 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WaterMonkey314

Re: The Arkentool War - Prologue: "Gathering Clouds"

Postby tigerusthegreat » Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:47 am

Sir Tigger the Spring looked out over the ramparts of CastleNau. He had looked at the battlemap time and time again, and the best chance they had at detecting and intercepting a barbarian attack was around the bridges. However, that was the worry of Neufcatel and Newcastle. He had to protect his city and the area around it as best he could, though he could spare some scout movement to check near Neufcatel. He made mental orders for his scouts, and continued his brooding.

Lord Hoop and Lady Rookang were nearby watching him. They were under his command by seniority, having been popped after him, but that didn't mean they cared for it. The two were closer friends with each other than with Sir Tigger.

"There goes Tigger again, a strange one if I ever saw. Why does the Chief trust him so?" said Lady Rookang. She was a tall, dark woman, almost a brooding mother over her troops, but had little patience for the eccentricities of Sir Tigger.

"Well, you know what they say about him. The wonderful thing about Sir Tigger, is Sir Tigger fights like a spring. His stacks move ever quicker, the enemy feels his sting..." Rookang stopped listening, as the pudgy Yenniw continued his rhyming. Perhaps he had been involved in one too many of Tigger's Springs for his mental health. Maybe she would take a stack out for a brief patrol among the few trees that remained of the once great 100 hex wood.

Scouting Orders
Scout 1: J9, J9, L9, L8, K7
Scout 2: J8, I7, H7. H6, I6

Side Unit Information:
CastleNau (4000)

Starting Units:
2 scouts 386
12 Archers 2052
3 Knights 1164
2 Piker 306
92 points remaining

Consequently stacks at start would look like: 6 archers/1 scout/1 knight (2 stacks) and 1 knight/2 pikers

One Knight will be Sir Tigger the Spring. Another will be named Lady Rookang, and the final will be Lord Yenniw Hoop
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby Nihila » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:17 am

Commander Betia glanced at his so-called battlegroup in the so-called Tower of the so-called city of Outpost. Of course, the Level 1 was protected by natural barriers, but was also cut off from the mainland of Camaria... A Thinkagram formed. "Betia--Be informed that the group of barbarians may be moving towards your area. --King Camaria"

The Thinkagram ended.
..."Blast." First order of business: secure the bridge.

Starting units:
7 Archers, Cdr. Betia--in Tower.
1 Scout--in Tower.

Scouting orders:
B10-C9-D9-E8-E7
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:24 am

Starting army (Bailey):

6x Scouts = 1158
3x Archers = 513
1x Knight: Joan of Arc = 388

Yaaaawwwwn, couldn't do without writing a cwapload of text, so spoilered it for your convenience.

Repopped, again. That was not the problem; the pain was. No repop before a croaking. Breathe in, breathe out, relax, imagine the flow of water, continuous, so more harmonious than the blocky tick of turns, feel the pain dissipate as even the memory of old wounds fades. Better.

Where was she now? It appeared to be the top floor of some scouting tower, a circular room with windows all around. Joan looked through them at the surrounding countryside. Something seemed slightly off- why, the tower was leaning! Slightly startled, she quickly moved back to the center of the room. Silly. But better avoid repopping too soon.

What was she now? Weaker in some respects, stronger in others- certainly higher level than she ever was. And still a Chief Warlord. Fine, if that pleased whoever was her master or mistress now. But enough reminiscing, distant steps indicated someone was coming up. Better find something to wear. She ripped a pair of curtains off a window and hastily improvised a skirt and top. Another disadvantage of repopping.

"Good day - Ms" said the soldier, having just entered the circular room. "Uh, I was ordered to make sure the popping was complete."

Ordered by the King. Of Cameria. Generally peaceful, allied with something called Alkimia. It was all becoming clear as if she had always known it, even though she never saw these sides before.

"Call me Joan. The popping is complete."

"But your- uhm, you have no armour."

"Yes, that always happens. I trust one can be made? I do not wish to lead troops in this attire."

"I'll send word right away," said the soldier as he motioned to leave.

"Aren't you forgetting something?"

It was all coming clear now, like in a dream as one just knows the history of a life they never lived. Cameria had some trouble lately with a rag-tag bunch of barbarians. Find them. Six scouts in this tower to do so.

"Yes, Ms Joan?"

"I'll write your scouting orders right now, you can deliver those as well. And you forgot something else. How shall I call you?"

"Oh, yes, I am wa-Had. wa-HHad", he said, proudly making the "H" breathy and roll-ly at the same time. "First among the scouts here. One of a kind." He continued. "Then there's Zwei, my successor. Trois, Tetra and Pancha usually stick together as a team, but they are kinda squares if you ask me. And the junior scout is Hat; she's a bit green, but the perfect scout once she gets going."

"Thank you, wa-Had. Here are your orders. And good luck!"

As wa-Had left, she returned to her meditation. Barbarians roving around. Not very promising. What would they know about dispelling her curse? Still, they way these things go, you may never know just what you end up discovering. There's always hope. A cure must be out there.

But should she find it, would she take it? She stopped. She didn't know the answer. Yet, to have the option, that is what had to be. For that is where freedom lies.

wa-Had: G1->F1->E1->D2->C2
Zwei: F2->E2->D3->C3->B4
Trois: F3->E3->D4->C4->B5
Tetra: G3->F4->E4->D5->C5
Pancha: H2->H1->I1->J2->J1
Hat: H3->H4->I3->J3->I2
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby HerbieRai » Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:35 pm

Commander Pwnd turned to his subordinate officer I just don't understand how you lost those barbarians so close to the Capitol Leroy. I know there was a few turns between when you saw them last and you were close enough, but did you think to scout before you charged?

Commander Jenkins had his head down. He knew he had failed in his mission again, and the could be the final straw for the young commander I got carried away sir. If Chief Joan or the King ask, I'll take full blame. When we do find the lowlifes, I would like to volunteer to lead the charge against them.

That will depend on whether Chief Joan allows it. I wouldn't be surprised if you get sent to take Betia's place at outpost for losing them in the first place.

Leroy always had a problem with charging before the time was right. He had an itch for battle that caused him to charge in shouting his name as a battle cry. Past causing Camaria some heartburn, Pwnd like having a subordinate he could steal credit from when things went right and place blame on when things went south.

No matter what they decide to do with you, our main objective now is to find the Marauders, before they do any real damage

Scouting:
S1: G6 - i5 - j5 - k4 - L4
S2: F7 - E7 - E8 - D9 - C9
S3: G7 - G8 - F8 - F9 - E9
S4: H7 - I 7 - J8 - J7 - I6

(OOC: sorry guys, my scouts can't really get anywhere)

Initial Stacking:
Archer Stack with 7 Archers and Commander Pwnd (outer walls)
Archer Stack with 7 Archers and Commander Leroy (tower)
Piker Stack with 8 pikers (courtyard)
scout stack with 4 scouts (dungeon, because that's where bad scouts belong)
HerbieRai

Postby Nihila » Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:37 pm

What are the levels on our Commanders?
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:27 pm

Cdr. Betia is level 4.

Stryke's two warlord-knights are levels 4 and 1.

Sir Tigger the Spring is level 4.
Lady Rookang is level 2.
Lord Yenniw Hoop is level 1.

Joan of Arc, as stated in the Supplement, is level 6 by virtue of being CW.

Cdr. Pwnd is level 5.
Cdr. Jenkins is level 1.

I tried to make sure that levels reflected command hierarchy as laid out in your posts, but feel free to rearrange the levels among your warlords if you wish.

Scouting results will come later.
WaterMonkey314

Postby Nihila » Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:33 am

I think we're waiting on Stryke's scouting orders still... Or is that why they're coming later?
Nihila

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:35 pm

Oops - forgot about that. :oops: #2

I meant that I would be fairly busy this weekend and that scouting results might take some time for me to collate. :P
WaterMonkey314

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:21 pm

Miranda, the Thinkamancer of Cameria, sighed with exasperation as she monitored the scouts as they set out... once again, the bumbling warlords had utterly failed at maximizing scouting efficiency (well, all but Joan of Arc, who had thoroughly scouted the secure border with Alkimia - if only she were on the frontier instead).

Miranda sent a quick Thinkagram to Sir Tigger notifying him that Scout 1's orders had been corrected to "J9, K9, L9, etc." so that the poor scout wouldn't need to teleport. It was just minor clerical work, though, compared to optimizing scouting orders...

"Commander Betia, you may want to reconsider your scout's orders - Commander Jenkins seems to have sent a scout down along the bridge via E7, E8, D9, and C9. I'd recommend you send your scout to look around Outpost, since we won't get good coverage otherwise. I'll have a word with him in a minute..."

"Commander Jenkins, you do realize that you've sent a scout to inspect the same bridge as Commander Betia's scout? I've already asked him to take care of it, but you've also sent a scout to inspect the same hexes as the scouts based in Castlenau - H7, I7, J8, and I6, before you ask. Unless you want me to have a word with Commander Pwnd, I'd modify those orders."

OOC TL;DR: Some scouting orders overlap - I'm checking if that were intentional. Still waiting on Stryke.
WaterMonkey314

Postby HerbieRai » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:02 pm

Jenkins looked around the room, trying to find commander Pwnd. Of course he's never around when you need him Orders from capital will be revised when Pwnd returns from the loo
HerbieRai

Postby Nihila » Mon Mar 14, 2011 8:54 pm

"Very well. Scout:
B10,C10,C11,B12,C12
are your new orders."
Nihila

Postby tigerusthegreat » Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:51 pm

"Thank you Miranda, I will make sure not to repeat the mistake." Sir Tigger thought in response to the Thinkagram. Turning away from the rampart, he stared down at Yenniw. "No wonder you never get assigned on patrols, you can't even write down orders properly. What is it you can do, Hoop, besides pack away Marshmallow paste til you are stuffed with fluff?" The Commander of the outpost strode away, a bit of a spring in his step after yelling at his subordinate. It wasn't nice to bounce on Yenniw that way, but it made him feel better.

"Lady Rookang, I want you to prepare to lead a stack in the field. Take your pick of the archers and commandeer one of the scouts when they return." WIthout waiting for a response, he continued on, heading into the tunnels.

I'll need more troops to defend these tunnels. It is almost like having a wide open hole in our walls. We will need heavies down here very soon.

OOC: Just fluff, thanks for fixing my scout order typo. We don't get to pop new units this turn, right? Just our initial armies?
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 6/25/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 6/24/2014 (First Page)
Party Raid, a TCG Development Journal Updated 6/24/14
tigerusthegreat

Postby HerbieRai » Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:59 am

Pwnd came out of the small room feeling relieved, at least until he was tackled with comments from Jenkins. The thinkamancer noticed some overlapping of our scouting orders. Luckily it was caught before the orders were carried out.
Pwnd got a little ruffled by this Well, The other cities should have taken into account the other scouting orders sent. Its a newbe mistake.
Um, sir.... I believe we were the last city to submit our scouting orders

Pwnd thought for a few moments, He needed to change the subject before looking stupid. I don't believe newcastle has sent orders yet. I'll fix our orders and suggest some for them if they decide on napping today.

Re-done Scouting Orders
S1: H6 - I5 - J5 - k4 - L4
S2: F7 - E6 - F6 - G5 - G6
S3: G7 - G8 - F9 - F8 - F7
S4: H7 - I6 - J6 - J7 - K6

Potential Scouting orders for Skyre (if your wanting to get things moving)
S1: D8 - E8 - D9 - C9 - B9
S2: D7 - C6 - B6 - A6 - A5
HerbieRai

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:10 pm

BLAND, what do you think about Stryke? Should we wait for him, or do you want to do his scouting for him? Also, is Joan of Arc satisfied with the amended scouting orders?

PS: As a GM, I will gently nudge you guys if I think you're missing something - to a limit. That was your GM-nudge for this scenario - you may not get one next time you make a goof this scenario. :P After all, that is why you're all a team - so you can check each other!
WaterMonkey314

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:57 am

Correct, Watermonkey314, it's not your job to make sure we don't goof up :oops: Uhm, let's say Joan is having an armour fitting right now and missed the obvious. Ah-hem.

Anyway. Let's see, current scouting orders are:

(Bailey: me)
wa-Had: G1->F1->E1->D2->C2
Zwei: F2->E2->D3->C3->B4
Trois: F3->E3->D4->C4->B5
Tetra: G3->F4->E4->D5->C5

(Outpost: Nihila)
B10,C10,C11,B12,C12

(Neufchatel: HerbieRai)
S1: H6 - I5 - J5 - k4 - L4
S2: F7 - E6 - F6 - G5 - G6
S3: G7 - G8 - F9 - F8 - F7
S4: H7 - I6 - J6 - J7 - K6

(Castlenau: tigerusthegreat)
Scout 1: J9, K9, L9, L8, K7
Scout 2: J8, I7, H7. H6, I6

And I'll risk losing some popularity points by making these temporarily official
(Newcastle: Stryke)
S1: D8 - E8 - D9 - C9 - B9

Overlaps: H6, H7, I6 (Herbierai, tigerusthegreat), F7 (Herbierai)
Yielding the following collection of hexes to be revealed (overlaps noted in paranthesis after hex num; WW- water hex, can ignore for now; TT- one of our troop placements, so we know what's there; __ - gap in scouting)

__ __ __ __ A5 A6
__ __ __ B4 B5 B6 WW WW B9 B10 TT B12
__ C2 C3 C4 C5 C6 TT __ C9 C10 C11 C12
__ D2 D3 D4 D5 WW D7 D8 D9
E1 E2 E3 E4 WW E6 __ E8
F1 F2 F3 F4 WW F6 F7(1) F8 F9
G1 TT G3 WW G5 G6 G7 G8
H1 H2 H3 H4 WW H6(1) H7(1)
I1 I2 I3 WW I5 I6(1) I7
J1 J2 J3 WW J5 J6 J7 J8 J9
__ __ __ K4 __ K6 K7 __ K9
__ __ __ L4 __ __ __ L8 L9

Since there are overlaps these are not final scout orders.

I'll go about nudging them a bit, and make the new and final orders in the next post.

Question: water hexes are unlikely to be scoutable by walkers, correct? I'll avoid those, anyway.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:56 am

Preparing orders ...

... adjusting: Bailey, Neufchatel, Castlenow. Fixing overlaps and gaps (we CANNOT afford to not Scout G4).

Stand-by.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:44 am

Natural Magic- beautiful sometimes, how it can just fabricate items at the drop of a hat. Like Joan's brand new suit of armour, a lightweight, cleverly articulated piece. Joan would have liked to admire it for a while yet, but a blip in her mind told her an allied Thinkamancer was broadcasting for all friendly warlords.

And upon hearing the Thinkagram, Joan realized she had been ignoring her CWL duties. What use Scouts if they were not used to the fullest extent?

"Indeed, thank you Miranda. I shouldn't let these things slide." Joan took a new look at the scout orders. There were a few overlaps, and the bridge between Bailey and Neufchatel was unscouted. Would she trust it to go to the capital? Not in this state. She readjusted the orders, including those for her own scouts; a tedious, but necessary, affair.

(Bailey: me)
wa-Had: F2->E2->D3->C3->B4
Zwei: F3->F4->E4->E3->D4
Trois: G3->G4->G5->F6->E6
Tetra: G1->F1->E1->D2->C2

(Outpost: Nihila)
B10,C10,C11,B12,C12

(Neufchatel: HerbieRai)
S1: F7 - F8 - G8 - F9 - E9
S2: G7 - H8 - I8 - J9 - K9
S3: H7 - I7 - J8 - J7 - I6
S4: H6 - I5 - J5 - K4 - L4

(Castlenau: tigerusthegreat)
Scout 1: L8, L9, L10, M9, M8
Scout 2: K7, K6, J6, K5, L6

And I'll risk losing some popularity points by making these official
(Newcastle: Stryke)
S1: D8 - E7 - E8 - D9 - C9

Yielding the following collection of hexes to be revealed (overlaps noted in paranthesis after hex num- no overlaps now :) ; WW- water hex, can ignore for now; TT- one of our troop placements, so we know what's there; __ - gap in scouting)

__ __ __ __ A5 A6
__ __ __ B4 __ B6 WW WW __ B10 TT B12
__ C2 C3 __ __ C6 TT __ C9 C10 C11 C12
__ D2 D3 D4 __ WW D7 D8 D9
E1 E2 E3 E4 WW E6 E7 E8 E9
F1 F2 F3 F4 WW F6 F7 F8 F9
G1 TT G3 G4 G5 TT G7 G8
H1 H2 H3 H4 WW H6 H7 H8
I1 I2 I3 WW I5 I6 I7 I8
J1 J2 J3 WW J5 J6 J7 J8 J9
__ __ __ K4 K5 K6 K7 TT K9
__ __ __ L4 __ L6 __ L8 L9 L10
__ __ __ __ __ __ __ M8 M9

Interesting gaps: B9, L7.

Oh well.

But for now, I'll call these official. So ... did we find anything?
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Stryke » Wed Mar 16, 2011 5:12 pm

OOC sorry about my lack of activity i have been teh sicks :(
Unit Composition
2 Knights 776 (lvls given as 4 & 1)
lvl4. Deus
lvl1. Ex
7 Archers 1197
7 Pikers 1071
2 Scouts 386
Total 3430(70)

Deus stood with in the keep of Newcastle, the turn would begin any time now and he was consulting with his scouts. He turned to face them "Gentlemen, you have your order which have not changed. However, i have been informed there are barbarian stacks within the battlespace. While i have no reason to think you would have been conplacent otherwise i thought you should know, if you encounter any retreat immediatly and await reinforcements. Is that understood". One of the scouts opened his mouth to reply "SIR YES SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU", This continued. Deus quirked an eyebrow, both scouts had been making small movements during the reply, they were now moving back and forth from the poss they had assumed before the reply had begun and the one they had assumed half way through. The effect was that they appeared to have become fuzzy and begun vibrating.
They suddenly diappeared. Deus had no time to even be supprised as he was suddenly bombarded by several thinkagrams, the knowledge that the CWL had overridden his orders and the collective intelligence of the entire sides scouting efforts. Normaly all of this across an normal time frame would have been nothing for him but altogether it staggered him and he reached out to grap his desk and steady himself.
"what the hell was" sudden realisation struck him and he took two steps and threw open the doors to his balcony gapping at the sun now high in the sky when mear seconds ago had barley begun to rise. The turn had not only started but was half way through and he'd missed it.
Something caught his eye and he turned towards one of the adjoining ocean hex's. The entire sky was cloudless and blue, except for this one hex which was over cast and dull... and frozen. As the clouds drifted off out to sea the hex slowly came back to life, birds wings slowly began to flap and waves crashed against the hex boundry. As the cloud completely cleared the hex it was as if someone had flicked a switch and everything returned to normal. "Huh" Deus heard a popping noise behind him
"Warlord Ex reporting for duty, sir" Deus turn and gave his new warlord a bewildered look
"...sir?" Finally something at the back of Deus's brain gave something at the front a kick and the gear box of his mind shifted into drive.
"Ah of course, welcome to the side" Coming in from the balcony and round his desk Deus extended his hand, "i'm afraid to say you pick a peculiar turn to join us" Deus looked back out over the balcony, "...the plesantries will have to wait a few moments i'm afraid, take a seat" Deus indicated one the one infront of his desk, he rounded to the farside and sat down.
Focusing his mind he began to concentrate on a singular name, a slight tingle at the back of his mind indicated success and a small transparent image appeared infront of him. He gestured towards EX. "Miranda Ex, Ex Miranda no I don't have time for one of your lectures, it may have been a passing thing but i need to talk to you about a rather particular cloud"
Ex nodded respectfully to the thinkamancer and to her credit wasn't looking at Deus as if he was a fool by the end of the retelling of the last five minutes of his life. Although he did notice her gaze drifting over his shoulder and out the open balcony doors a few times.
Stryke

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:47 pm

The scout strolled quietly along the road to Neufchâtel, then froze. There was a small group of units ahead - and there were no Camerian units in that hex.

He had found them.

The barbarians seemed to have changed their livery though - rather than the rather generic green and tan armour they had worn the last time they had been spotted, they now sported a flashy crimson-and-black look. Very fashionable - but also very obvious. There was no need for the scout to move closer to get a good look. The barbarians didn't spot the scout as he observed their numbers, nor did they spot him as he moved to the next hex, where their comrades camped. Yet as he watched the barbarians, seemingly unobserved, the scout himself did not notice the strange shimmer in the air above him...

Meanwhile, another scout stared agape at the beautiful brunette in front of him.

"Hi! I'm Lily, a Senior Customer Care Specialist of Charlescomm! I'd just like to tell you about some of the oustanding services we have available..." she bubbled before noticing the scout's blank face. "Oh... you're not a commander, are you? Here - let me give you this brochure to give to your commanding officer. I'll be here all day. -wink-"

Scouting results:

C10 - Feral Horse! (Can be tamed by a knight that enters the hex, or harvested for 450 pts if you choose)
E7 - Barbarians!
====3 x Longbowman
====1 x Archery Warlord Adam the Red, lvl 2
E8 - Barbarians!
====4 x Berserker
====3 x Tracker
====1 x Warlord Bobby the Red, lvl 3
- More Barbarians!
====7 x Longbowman
====1 x Archery Warlord Charles the Red, lvl 3
F9 - Barbarians!
====3 x Longbowman
====1 x Archery Warlord Daniel the Red, lvl 2
J8 - Charlie!
====1 x Archon (Lily, lvl 6)

New Unit Stats:
Berserker:
Hits 7, Attack 14, Defense 3, Move 2 (Walker)
Warlord:
Hits 5, Attack 10, Defense 3, Move 2 (Walker), Commander
Longbowman:
Hits 5, Attack 10, Defense 2, Move 2 (Walker), Ranged
Tracker:
Hits 5, Attack 5, Defense 2, Move 3 (Walker), Scout
Archery Warlord:
Hits 5, Attack 10, Defense 3, Move 2 (Walker), Ranged, Commander

Archon:
Hits 6, Attack 18, Defense 4, Move 10 (Hover), UNKNOWN SPECIALS

You also receive an item (CHARLESCOMM BROCHURE)!

CHARLESCOMM - ERFWORLD'S LEADER IN JUST-IN-TIME SERVICES
SPECIAL!!! AFFORDABLE LIFE INSURANCE COVERAGE!!! PROTECT YOUR SIDE'S FUTURE!
These are dangerous times, and you never know when an unlucky arrow will hit you in the eye! What will happen to your side when you're gone? Protect your loved ones with Charlescomm Life Insurance - 10 000 pt payouts for as low as 75 a turn! See your local representative for details.

AFFORDABLE SECURITY SOLUTIONS
As the leader in Erfworld just-in-time services, Charlescomm is famous for dependable, effective security solutions. Our highly-trained associates work together with you to integrate core competencies, utilizing best practices to achieve total battlespace saturation! See your local representative for details.

GOT QUESTIONS? TALK TO CHUCK - SEE YOUR LOCAL REPRESENTATIVE ____LILY____ FOR MORE DETAILS!

OBJECTIVE COMPLETE! (1) Patrol the battlespace
The barbarians have been located!

NEW OBJECTIVE:
2) Assess and eliminate the threat!
The barbarians are far too close to the Camerian heartland! Determine the most dangerous elements and eliminate them!

NEW SECONDARY OBJECTIVE:
A) Charlescomm's Specials
Charlie presents some interesting deals. Perhaps you should inquire for more details?

Edit: Fixed an error with the placement of the Archon - It should be J8, not J9.
Last edited by WaterMonkey314 on Fri Mar 18, 2011 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WaterMonkey314

Next

Return to Your Games