The Shadow of Anvelis (PbP Game)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: The Shadow of Anvelis (PbP Game)

Postby TheCake » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:49 am

Garret decides he should socialize more as such he goes off to find zorbo when found he ask if he would like to talk
TheCake

Postby chrono » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:00 pm

Skyrar wrote:(*cough* I'm SURE he's been tended to somehow!)

OOC: I mentioned it already, but atm you're bandaged up with the rest of them. Bleeding has stopped, but no magical healing (so no hit point gain) for anyone except the critical soldier. Franklyn will use up healing magic in the mornings (on the soldiers, unless anybody else requests it), but most of the people can consider being under long-term care if they come to have their bandages checked and general well-being examined (unless the GM objects for some reason).

Franklyn enters the room and sees that Drake is already inside (...unless he's still outside, which doesn't change much). "You know..." Franklyn starts, "...it seems we'll be sharing the room for a while. I've found that it helps pass time when you know the people around you, so if you wish we can talk a bit. Maybe you can tell me a bit about yourself if you don't mind."

If the old woman is still unconscious, Franklyn examines her again and says "I thought I saw her hold a staff... Any idea where that went?"
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby jioan » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:56 am

TheCake wrote:Garret decides he should socialize more as such he goes off to find zorbo when found he ask if he would like to talk

Zorbo notices a halfling walk up to him and attempt to start a conversation. Zorbo obliges because he feels a sort of kindred to the only person smaller than him on the ship.
"So, what do you think about those fish-people? I think that they'll come back in a larger and more powerful force soon. They're obviously sentient and therefore most likely have a sense of vengeance."
jioan

Postby TheCake » Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:33 am

jioan wrote:
TheCake wrote:Garret decides he should socialize more as such he goes off to find zorbo when found he ask if he would like to talk

Zorbo notices a halfling walk up to him and attempt to start a conversation. Zorbo obliges because he feels a sort of kindred to the only person smaller than him on the ship.
"So, what do you think about those fish-people? I think that they'll come back in a larger and more powerful force soon. They're obviously sentient and therefore most likely have a sense of vengeance."

Garret replies "I'm not sure what I should think of the fish people I don't know much about them or many other creatures for that matter, But your probably right they will most likely come in bigger numbers soon that was probably just a scouting force. Maybe they're defending something...."

OOC: Sorry if anything I say sounds weird I'm pretty new to actively trying to RP
TheCake

Postby Gerwulf » Fri Jun 26, 2009 12:34 am

chrono wrote:
Skyrar wrote:(*cough* I'm SURE he's been tended to somehow!)

OOC: I mentioned it already, but atm you're bandaged up with the rest of them. Bleeding has stopped, but no magical healing (so no hit point gain) for anyone except the critical soldier. Franklyn will use up healing magic in the mornings (on the soldiers, unless anybody else requests it), but most of the people can consider being under long-term care if they come to have their bandages checked and general well-being examined (unless the GM objects for some reason).

Franklyn enters the room and sees that Drake is already inside (...unless he's still outside, which doesn't change much). "You know..." Franklyn starts, "...it seems we'll be sharing the room for a while. I've found that it helps pass time when you know the people around you, so if you wish we can talk a bit. Maybe you can tell me a bit about yourself if you don't mind."

If the old woman is still unconscious, Franklyn examines her again and says "I thought I saw her hold a staff... Any idea where that went?"

The old woman is still unconscious, however her condition is improving. you would guess that in a few days time she will be up again.

Cmdr I. Heartly Noah wrote:Vesk half-snorted, half-laughed as the cleric walked away. Shaking his head, he thought about the old woman... it would be nice to have some answers. Like why was she so horrified that the Prince was on the docks that night? Where was he supposed to be? And for that matter, why were the rest of them all there? It seemed an awful coincidence that so many random people would be there late at night. And Corlen... he came to the city to hunt? It didn't make sense.

Vesk collected his harpoons and cleaned them, then went off to find the soldier to whom he owed his life, and Corlen's as well.

You find the soldier resting on the deck of the ship. He is cleaning and examining his armor and weapon. He looks up as you aproach, "Hello again. Glad to see you made it. If you hadn't stopped that one from charging." he pauses and looks out to see, "Well, I dont think we'd be here talking." He extends his hand, "Names Paldaris."
Gerwulf

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:39 am

"Vesk," he said simply, taking the man's hand, "Well met, Paldaris. I think I was so surprised I hit him that I wasn't prepared for the other to rush me like that. I was lucky you were more ready than I was. I guess throwing javelins for ales paid off for me. That fellow we helped out will recover too, it seems. I think we lost one or two, though," he shook his head, "The whole business could've easily gone a lot worse."
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Lothmar » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:51 pm

Drake nods casually to Franklyn as he enters while he sits casually catching his breath. "If things continue at this rate, I wouldn't be so sure of that." He adds sarcastically waiting for him to finish. "I apologize, I'd prefer if these discussions were delayed till when we were not on duty; Perhaps over dinner with the rest of our troop?" He adds presenting the first aid kits with a one cure light potion bow. "I managed to requisition you a few supplies though, figured you'd go through your own supplies rather quick at this rate. And that there, is an old healing potion but it should still function as a first tier healing spell. They gave me two though, I figured i'd keep a hold of one in case of an emergency, like you getting knocked unconscious or surrounded and unable to tend someone a distance away but closer to me." He adds motioning with the second bottle in his hand.

"I really should examine some of the other alchemical wares in that chest to make sure none of them are bad." He mumbles for a moment off topic.

"Regardless, without talking to the prince I think these are the best supplies we'll be able to requisition. I was really hoping for a spare scroll or something, my magic is quite limited and has no real direct offensive or distance capability." He pauses feeling his pocket as he walks to the doorway. "But selfishness aside and speaking of the prince, I should really show this to either him or the captain... But i've been below long enough as is." He nods to franklyn passing him the necklace. "Found it on one of the fishmen, doubt it means anything specific but I think it's another worthwhile piece of this puzzle;" He adds patting him on the back. "Go on, get in the princes good graces for performing above and beyond and all that," He adds with a wink. "I'll hold down the deck till you get back." He pauses turning around as he steps out of the door. "Oh yeah, when you get back up top you in for a little cadaver work with me on one of those two we kept?" ~When question is answer if there are no further questions he continues his duty up on deck until his patrol is over~
Lothmar

Postby chrono » Sat Jun 27, 2009 4:47 am

Franklyn gives Drake a small smile. "I see you have a mind for strategy - that's always a good thing to have. You should keep both potions though - if I run out of power and I'm in a tight spot a single potion would likely not do me much good. There's no point in fumbling around my supplies while fighting a last stand." Franklyn's mind seems to wonder for a few seconds, possibly with recollections of past conflicts. "Hopefully it won't come to that though. Those fish people caught us by surprise, but despite that we managed to deal with them swiftly. Granted, there are a thousand things that can go wrong, but judging from the current events there may well be hope yet."

OOC: does knowledge (religion) 5 help Franklyn with identifying the necklace? From now on Franklyn prepares an additional Enlarge Person instead of the protection from evil, otherwise his other spells are unchanged.

"Serving Tevin is far from joking matter, but I know what you mean. It doesn't hurt for him to know for certain which side we would be on if the need arises."

Franklyn goes to find Tevin and talk to him about current events if the prince is willing to receive him. "I do believe that the elders from order of Diamitriis had a plan to send me here, though I haven't been told what it is. In order to be able to protect you and the survivors better I would like to know if you have any more information on the issue." Franklyn also suggests to have a few drills with the men - his combined wisdom and military training would help them with advice of how to protect each other better, to use obstacles to avoid being flanked and work with each other to flank enemies.

OOC: while praying to Diamitriis for daily spells Franklyn also implores for guidance and wisdom in dealing with their foes and finding hope for the survivors.
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Skyrar » Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:51 am

Corlen is just bandaged, then. He'll hold out in his outpost until he gets exhausted, then go to sleep.
True Neutral Human Barbarian/Bard (2nd/1st Level)
Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 10
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 13
Skyrar

Postby Gerwulf » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:27 pm

chrono wrote:OOC: does knowledge (religion) 5 help Franklyn with identifying the necklace? From now on Franklyn prepares an additional Enlarge Person instead of the protection from evil, otherwise his other spells are unchanged.
No, the necklace has no religious meaning that you are aware of.

chrono wrote:Franklyn goes to find Tevin and talk to him about current events if the prince is willing to receive him. "I do believe that the elders from order of Diamitriis had a plan to send me here, though I haven't been told what it is. In order to be able to protect you and the survivors better I would like to know if you have any more information on the issue." Franklyn also suggests to have a few drills with the men - his combined wisdom and military training would help them with advice of how to protect each other better, to use obstacles to avoid being flanked and work with each other to flank enemies.

Franklyn approached the captain’s quarters and knocked on the door. "Enter." Tevin said loudly. Franklyn entered and found Tevin sitting with an ocean chart in front of him, Tevin looked up and motioned for Franklyn to sit, "Father Lorbel. What can I do for you?
Franklyn sat, "I do believe that the elders from order of Diamitriis had a plan to send me here, though I haven't been told what it is. In order to be able to protect you and the survivors better I would like to know if you have any more information on the issue." He paused and waited for a reply, when one was not forthcoming he added, "I also believe that drilling the men would be helpful. I could provide some of my wisdom and military training to assist our new recruits in surviving the dangers we are sure to face in the coming days."
Tevin smiled and nodded, "Yes, talk with captain Brathon and set up a training schedule. I do believe that some of the men are too green to be of any real use in a serious fight. As for why you are here..." he trailed off and looked upward as if debating what he would say next, "I requested you specifically. Your elders told me that of all the initiates you were the most well versed in the history and lore of Diamitriis, and I feel that where we are going your expertise will be required. Now, if there is nothing else, I must see to these charts." He smiled and looked back down at the charts, tracing a line across them with his finger and tapping on the far edge of the map.
Gerwulf

Postby Gerwulf » Sat Jun 27, 2009 11:37 pm

Cmdr I. Heartly Noah wrote:"Vesk," he said simply, taking the man's hand, "Well met, Paldaris. I think I was so surprised I hit him that I wasn't prepared for the other to rush me like that. I was lucky you were more ready than I was. I guess throwing javelins for ales paid off for me. That fellow we helped out will recover too, it seems. I think we lost one or two, though," he shook his head, "The whole business could've easily gone a lot worse."

"Well met Vesk." he smiled as Vesk recounted the battle, "Aye, that’s the way of it, your javelin flying a foot to the left and we both may have ended up on the floor of the ocean. I'm glad to have you by my side though. Many a man would have frozen up the moment that ruckus started. Especially one of your stature." With the last words he motioned towards Vesk's clothes, "Not many warriors dress so fine as you, but you handled yourself like a seasoned warrior." He chuckled softly for a moment and then grew serious as he looked to the sea, "Won’t due to dwell on those we've lost though. 'Tis a fact of life. More so now I would guess, with us being all that’s left." He grew silent then and stared back in the direction of their lost home, muttering softly a few moment later, "Wont due to dwell."
Gerwulf

Postby Skyrar » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:13 am

Corlen never really got up the mast in the first place, his wounds were more severe than he had thought. So he gets down to the sleeping quarters instead to get some rest. After a short while, loud snoring can be heard, as he sinks into a dreamless slumber.
Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 10
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 13
Skyrar

Postby chrono » Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:44 pm

Franklyn gives Tevin a nod: "Your vote of confidence is most flattering and I hope to be of further assistance during our expedition... despite our circumstances. Still I am immensely worried about all the questions I do not have answers for and I hope you would deem it worth your time to confide in me in the future. As I am far from well versed at sea travel," Franklyn continues, "I do not wish to detain you."
Franklyn takes a step back, goes out the door and closes it behind him. He asks the soldiers he meets about the whereabouts of captain Brathon until he finds him. "Captain, I am father Lorbel from the church of Diamitriis and I have been instructed by lord Tevin to assist you with the training of the men.", Franklyn says. "I could see that they fought valiantly against our attackers, however most did not seem comfortable alongside each other in the limited space on deck. I believe that we should organize a brief weapons training and then practice some basic tactics - the men will fare much better if they know they can rely on each other and know how to work together. "
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Gerwulf » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:34 pm

Captain Brathon nodded at Franklyn as he spoke, “Yeah, that melee was ugly from the start. We’ll start the drills tomorrow morning, until then you’d best tend to the wounded. Wouldn’t want to lose any more than we already have.” He waved Franklyn away and continued his search for archers.

Three more days passed uneventfully, with regular drills and scheduled meals. Franklyn channeled the power of Diamitiis each morning before breakfast to tend to the wound of the men, and by the third day all were fully healed. During the midday watch on the third day the wind died suddenly, and the ship slowed to a crawl. Many of the men came up from below decks to see what was going on, and the experienced sailors wore worried looks. As everyone looked around half expecting the worst Drake suddenly screamed in pain and dropped to his knees holding his head…
Gerwulf

Postby TheCake » Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:52 pm

Garret goes over to Drake to figure out what's wrong
TheCake

Postby Lothmar » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:51 am

Observing the horizon he pondered to himself ". . .Wonder if a storms a brew'in." And yet no matter how hard he tried to lie to himself, something in his gut told him that maybe something was wrong. He kept his expression calm and slowly watched everyone elses expression for any sign that they might also understand what he was feeling but no such luck. So with only slight hesitation he took a deep breath and began to focus. His mind soon calmed itself as he blocked out the world around him and connected himself with the very essence of magic.

As a sudden pain overtakes him, his eyes roll back in his head and he slowly sputters to himself, only notice after the sudden scream of intense pain. As others draw near he seems not to notice their presence, his face affixed on one specific location as he falls to his knee's. He slowly sputters incomprehensible words and flails violently trying to remove his finger tip covers before digging his talons into the deck. He almost seems to go into a seizure as his talons scratch back and fourth, up and down and in various patterns in front of him as a picture slowly takes form. To the discerning eye, it looks like a map with a dot for their location and a couple of patterns reminiscent of land. There appears to be a landmass to the east into which he carves a skull and crossbones and he almost falls backwards trying to properly place a single 'x' to the south. At this point he slumps backwards still on his knees, arms outstretched, muttering to himself in a dazed stupor. "Staff of K~ings... Pfft, Staff off Pfft Drag~on, Ki~ngs." After thirty seconds of this he slowly mumbles and seems sleepy, his complexion and normal expression soon returning.

"...ooooooww!"
He screams in an angry and pained tone as he sits up. "What the hell was that!?"
Lothmar

Postby Skyrar » Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:14 am

Corlen watches the creation of the map intensely, he just came up to the deck from his rest because everybody else did, too.

"He's gone crazy, too!" Is his first reaction, spoken out loud, as he watches the scene. Then Drake moves and appears to return back to normal. The Ranger
keeps his guard. "Now watch for Sky Lightning and Gloomy Death from above.." he mutters, looking around.
Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 10
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 13
Skyrar

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:20 am

Vesk didn't see the event, but came after he heard the commotion. Seeing the scratches on the deck, he bends down to inspect this apparent map. (Knowledge/Bardic Knowledge check)
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby chrono » Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:15 pm

For the last couple of days, Franklyn did his best to spend as much time above deck as he can without neglecting the injured. Although he isn't very close as Drake gets his fit, he is close enough to notice it. The priest jumps up and rushes toward the commotion. When he sees Drake in his condition, he hesitates for a few moments then approaches carefully. Once Drake stops his violent movements, Franklyn steps even closer and puts a firm hand on the man's shoulder. "Calm down, Drake. What's this?", he asks, staring at the chart in his feet, "What's the meaning of this?"

Franklyn is a little startled by Colren's reaction. "What do you mean? Who else has gone mad?", he says while looking around. If nothing noteworthy happens in a few moments, Franklyn says "Can anybody find ink and parchment to copy this down? Hurry, it is definitely important."
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Skyrar » Fri Jul 03, 2009 5:55 pm

"What do you mean, who else?"

Arms crossed, Corlen doesn't move and stares at Drake suspiciously.

"He acted a lot like the old lady."
Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 10
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 13
Skyrar

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games