Summer Updates - 009

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Summer Updates - 009

Postby moose o death » Fri Jul 03, 2009 11:39 pm

one other thing that occured to me and i forgot about.

only overlords can build units. wanda will never have arkentool based units.

maybe the decrypted thing is the tradeoff. the only other way we can have units made by the arkenpliers is if wanda's "loyalty" to stanley adds her unique units to his contruction lists. at which case it's dubious he'd build them anyway. so we may have to build our own conclusions on that chain of thought for a while
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Firelancer » Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:59 am

I wonder if anyone else thinks that Stanley doesn't want Parson out there, because he now sees him as too valuable? He would be a better tactician to have at your side. OR--

Spoiler: show
Potentially a new heir/protege from Stanley's standpoint.
Firelancer

Postby raphfrk » Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:30 am

moose o death wrote:only overlords can build units. wanda will never have arkentool based units.

The comment that the hammer caused dwagons to go to sleep indicates that Stanley can probably obtain them by capturing/taming them as well as by building them.

The current set of decrypted units could represent Wanda/the pliers' "field-capture" method of acquiring its special unit. However, there doesn't seem to be an equivalent mechanism for popping them. A pop-able decrypted unit might just be a unit without upkeep requirements. (In fact, it has been suggested that they should use the pop-croak-decrypt method of generating zero-upkeep units).

Also, this could be the reason why the pliers attuned to Wanda. Perhaps, (as was suggested on the OOTI forum), Arkentools only attune to those who are fated to be Rulers, but that the pliers are an exception as they don't have a build-able unit.

Ofc, this would rule out Sizemore and Maggie even obtaining one.

Alternatively, a unit may just need to have a significant destiny to be eligible.

is if wanda's "loyalty" to stanley adds her unique units to his contruction lists. at which case it's dubious he'd build them anyway. so we may have to build our own conclusions on that chain of thought for a while

There was no comment that Stanley becoming ruler suddenly allowed GK to pop dwagons, so it seems likely that Saline was able to build them once Stanley found the hammer.

Alternatively, all sides may be able to pop dwagons, but they immediately attack as the pop as wild dwagons. (Ofc, that would mean that the latest dwagon would have attacked Parson and Wanda).
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby moose o death » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:04 pm

dwagons could be a local unit to gobwin knob though. but i do see your point.

however given stanley was a trusted unit by saline if they WERE added to his construction list. we can probably assume he'd be more than happy to make his trusted warlords more powerful.

the same can't be said for wanda's current position and stanley. the last few updates are pointing pretty heavily at stanley not trusting her with anything sharp and his back.

we can't be sure that the rules apply in the same way to wanda as they did to stanley ( not enough info to judge charlescomm) stanley was a wralord and seems to have gained poppable units, and offensive magic. wanda is a caster and seem to have gained a massive boost to her inherrant class magic. maybe she has a completely unrelated poppable unit or due to her lack of leadership she has no attuned units. a sort of game balancing feature for their universe, despite me not liking the terms.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby Winged » Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:54 pm

it's only natural that he wants ansome to go and parson to stay, he just got a tool taken from right under his nose, even if it is a minion who got it, that's still a pain. Ansom was not able to use his tool, of course that may have just been due to the spicific item, but in any case Stan wants the guy who can't take his toys, to be the guy looking for them.
Winged

Postby LOGGERLOGGER » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:56 pm

hay guys,

is the word 'shit' on the boop list?
LOGGERLOGGER

Postby DevilDan » Fri Aug 07, 2009 6:09 pm

LOGGERLOGGER wrote:hay guys,

is the word 'shit' on the boop list?

It was used by Parson shortly after he was removed as chief warlord.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby moose o death » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:36 pm

does the forum boop our swearing? i've been on good behaviour so haven't seen it yet. but i'm telling you aussies can't keep this up forever. the f bomb is the australian version of "umm"
moose o death

Previous

Return to Reactions