Caster abilities when linked up

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Caster abilities when linked up

Postby raphfrk » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:27 pm

There was a discussion in one of the more recent summer update discussion thread that migrated into discussing the abilities of linked up casters.

The question is do they retain their individual abilities, i.e. can a trimancer cast any spell that any of the individual casters are able to cast. Alternatively, can they only cast spells that use more than 1 caster in the link.

We never see any of the 3 Eyemancers cast any individual spells. For example, Maggie healed Parson from being tired.

However, Maggie does handle thinkagrams as part of the table, but not individual ones.

I am not sure there is much info either way, but I have shifted from thinking it is obvious that they retain all their individual abilities to think that it could go either way.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Caster abilities when linked up

Postby Secret » Mon Jul 06, 2009 5:52 pm

We talked about this before in the linked thinkamancer thread and there is really no way to say for sure one way or the other yet.
I still hold that they can cast normal spells too, but right now there is no evidence for or against it.
"I only exist inside those people aware of my existence." -Lain
Secret
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Re: Caster abilities when linked up

Postby raphfrk » Mon Jul 06, 2009 7:36 pm

Might as well merge discussion with this thread:

viewtopic.php?f=12&t=342

(Though I did start this one first :) ).
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld