Book 2 - Text Updates 047

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 - Text Updates 047

Postby balder » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:54 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 - Text Updates 047

Postby valce » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:59 am

Nice to see what Oss is thinking, and I guess this is one way for him to 'fight' against the domination of the pliers.
valce

Postby The Game » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:11 am

When I first read this text update, I interprented it as if the king and company purposely let ossomer in on part of the convo in order to make him stack up with the archons, revealing their positions and making them easier targets for their limited archery/air defense.

Now I'm just curious if he is somehow trying to pass the hex boundary by jumping. Again.
The Game
Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Radagast » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:13 am

Well, I don't think there can be much more buildup now right? :p
Radagast

Postby Kenlin Bros » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:26 am

Radagast wrote:Well, I don't think there can be much more buildup now right? :p

Hah, why'd you have to say that? :P
Kenlin Bros

Postby drachefly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:28 am

Jenga tower. Heh. You can tell where that one's going in a minute.

As for Ossomer, well, this is less than turning, but it's certainly worrisome behavior for a decrypted unit to be having, from Wanda's point of view.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby splintermute » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:37 am

What happened to the flower on his skull crest?
splintermute

Postby gukolai » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:42 am

jenga tower
an odd-shaped tile
perhaps Ossomer is himself odd-shaped
an odd shaped tile in a jenga tower might prove to be a weak link
is ossomer himself then a weak link?
gukolai

Postby badninja » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:04 am

Well Oss is the first unit to begin to reject the will of the pliers and Wanda, where have we seen this before? Wanda is going to have a nasty surprise coming her way that well surely make a better story. Wanda's lack of care for her units is coming to bit her in the ass very soon I am afraid and Parson will not be happy having a unit that has some knowledge of his side switching sides so easily.

From the end of book 1 or was it the summer updates we know Ansom also had issues put came to see Parson's point of view. I feel that strong minds can break free but it takes effort and since Wanda cares little for her new toy it has no loyalty to her. Ansom has gained respect for Parson from the battle they waged and I feel that Oss with his inexperience with Parson will be very shortly switching sides providing some very good lintel that Parson will not be happy about getting out.

Good update over all it will make the next several comics all the better.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby CelebrenIthil » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:04 am

Is it just me or the casters crowding around King Slately on the image almost seem posed like they might be equipping him with the jetpack?
I'm straining my eyes but I can't tell anything for sure.... Hmm...

I wonder if part of the predatory glint in the King's eyes when he looked at Ossomer might be partly due to the fact he is sitting on a Flying magic item which, if.... "confiscated", could allow one more important person to fly away from the imminent mess that's gonna be the Jenga tower in a short while...
My Dwagons!
Red: Kelvin Yellow: Newton Green: Langmuir Blue: Ampere Purple: Decibel Pink: Pascal
build6 wrote:It's true, we're all gay for Tramennis, even if we're straight :-)
CelebrenIthil
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby kagato23 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:14 am

CelebrenIthil wrote:Is it just me or the casters crowding around King Slately on the image almost seem posed like they might be equipping him with the jetpack?

I wonder if part of the predatory glint in the King's eyes when he looked at Ossomer might be partly due to the fact he is sitting on a Flying magic item which, if.... "confiscated", could allow one more important person to fly away from the imminent mess that's gonna be the Jenga tower in a short while...

No... I think the king is going in for the kill. He's on desperation tactic now. Don can't help him, but the bounty can. Kill ossamer, nuke as many archons as they can. If it's enough, declare Trem Heir.

Though realistically not sure if that can actually be done, unless charlie can transfer the schmuckers directly, seeing as how the portal is compromised. So perhaps my idea is unfeasible...
Portal X Parson OTP!
kagato23

Postby drachefly » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:20 am

Plus, think of the XP!
drachefly

Postby gameboy1234 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:30 am

I'm not sure what to say. Very suicidal, all these royals. It seems like a dereliction of duty for Ossomer to have some knowledge of an impending attack and yet do nothing.

But maybe as someone said this is his way of passively rebelling against the pliers....
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby rcjara » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:31 am

No... I think the king is going in for the kill. He's on desperation tactic now. Don can't help him, but the bounty can. Kill ossamer, nuke as many archons as they can. If it's enough, declare Trem Heir.

They don't even have to kill a whole bunch of archons. They just have to capture one, and with the archons all spread out, that seems like the best chance.

I got the impression that even without leadership 27 archons would still kick jetstone's airforce to titans come.
rcjara

Postby LogicsFate » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:37 am

Wow

Wow

So the Pliers are not absolute control, He's basically committing suicide.

Wow(last time)

Going to be sad seeing all to Archons Fall.

Edit: Or is he? It's a very Toolist way at looking at it. Sylvia and Wanda have both said about the same things. "Whatever, Fate will do what it wants."
LogicsFate

Postby Wren » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:02 pm

kagato23 wrote:
CelebrenIthil wrote:Is it just me or the casters crowding around King Slately on the image almost seem posed like they might be equipping him with the jetpack?

Though realistically not sure if that can actually be done, unless charlie can transfer the schmuckers directly, seeing as how the portal is compromised. So perhaps my idea is unfeasible...

Ah! Clever, clever! I caught that Slately was going to take the Jetpack, but I assumed he was just going to flee the castle. But your idea rings quite true-- the predatory glint implies he is hunting, not running, and he is set on making trammenus live, not escaping. I had completely forgotten the bounty. I think this is spot on.
Wren

Postby vrellum » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:08 pm

I'll be happy if Ossamer turns. I just don't like Paron's side. Parson and even Stanley are OK, but Wanda and her pliers strike me as evil. It'd be great imo if she was the bbeg, but I don't see how that could happen and the story resolved with world peace.
vrellum

Postby zilfallon » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:14 pm

vrellum wrote:...and the story resolved with world peace.

There is no peace in Erfworld unless Lord Hamster finds a way to pay upkeeps without fighting.
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby :-) » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:17 pm

I see what could happen next: The dittomancer multiplies the jetpack, granting Jetstone a new airforce wich kills the archons...
:-)

Postby querzis » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:44 pm

vrellum wrote:I'll be happy if Ossamer turns. I just don't like Paron's side. Parson and even Stanley are OK, but Wanda and her pliers strike me as evil. It'd be great imo if she was the bbeg, but I don't see how that could happen and the story resolved with world peace.

I'll second that as my first post on these forums. I mean seriously, the only ones I like on Stanley side are Jack (hes just awesome) and Stanley (sure hes a tiny bastard but hes a really fun tiny bastard). I dont really care about Parson, I really hate Wanda and I kinda dislike everyone else. But on Jetstone side? I like everyone (note that I'm still including poor Ossomer on Jetstone side). I'm also liking Don even more every time we see him. I mean seriously, for me it was already hard to sympathize with Gobwin Knob in the first book back when this was still hosted on giantitp. But now that Wanda seems decided to be as much as a complete monster as possible, its just impossible for me to take Parson seriously as a 'hero' if he help her. Come on Parson, sure you would probably have gotten disbanded by Stanley afterwards but you should still have let Wanda die instead of saving her.
querzis

Next

Return to Reactions