Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 60

Postby balder » Fri May 06, 2011 1:18 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 60

Postby Urf » Fri May 06, 2011 1:23 pm

ALARM!

A new character enters the game! Is it Ringo? Paul? Bearded Beatle who are you?
Urf

Postby Uthrac » Fri May 06, 2011 1:23 pm

Cue the Benny Hill music indeed . . . .
Uthrac

Postby JimSox5 » Fri May 06, 2011 1:25 pm

I'm pretty sure the Beatle is George.

http://www.bekkoame.ne.jp/~garp/jsingle/r6022.jpg
JimSox5

Postby Chadim » Fri May 06, 2011 1:29 pm

Ok, lot's of simultaneous events (and that in a turn-based strategy game), absolutely great.

Who's the guy behind the portal - one of the Great Minds tta? is he looking towards or away from
those that scream "warlord!" ? I assume/hope that scroll is some kind of foolamancy?

And for those that blamed Caesar for short-sightedness, what if the freshly promoted Tremeniss
got croaked in this one? Which in-world seems still not unprobable (from a writing point of view,
I doubt it though).

Although I have difficulties imagining what the next text-update will be in that very moment...

Thanks for the great update!
Chadim
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Ansan Gotti » Fri May 06, 2011 1:33 pm

What a great page.

Prediction: Tramennis is brought to safety. Slately blitzes the airspace and kills Ossomer (first) and a bunch of archons, gaining enough of the bounty to promote Tramennis, which Slately does right before he dies. Parson conquers Spacerock but Tramennis is moved to Jetstone's original capital site and regroups with the side continuing.

No clue what Stanley will do, or what will happen in the MK and with Parson.
Ansan Gotti
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby msb » Fri May 06, 2011 1:37 pm

From the dialogue it looks like the troops were going to keep the door barred, keep the decrypted in the atrium, and go get the King from upstairs. But from the action it looks like they were all facing the barred door and about to charge through. Can someone clarify the situation for me? Thanks.

EDIT: Okay, I think half of them (including Tram) are barring the door and half of them are heading towards the stairs. And the troops that are heading towards the stairs turn around to help Tram once the door explodes. Just something about the angle misled me.
Last edited by msb on Fri May 06, 2011 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
msb

Postby FaithfulFan » Fri May 06, 2011 2:14 pm

Long wait. Short comic.

Cool dragons.
Forty minutes of "management" gets two bright shiny new tools. That's almost ten dollars an hour!
FaithfulFan

Postby Catalyst » Fri May 06, 2011 2:18 pm

So much for Tram leveling. Or negotiating with Parson when he shows up.
And it is good to see that Parson has made it like, four steps into the Magic Kingdom.

Que Stanley wondering what the heck is going on.
"Is this a real holy war? Or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other? Too fine a distinction?"
Catalyst

Postby sleepymancer » Fri May 06, 2011 2:19 pm

FaithfulFan wrote:Long wait.

Well, not sure the wait was that long, but I've been busy so maybe time has flown by for me...

FaithfulFan wrote:Short comic.

Short comic? or did it just read really quickly! hurrah for action scenes

FaithfulFan wrote:Cool dragons.

Exactly!

Another great piece, i have to say (again and again) i do love this comic, thankyou for making it!!
I tend to witter on, produce copious typos and run off on nonsensical tangents. If I've done this here, please forgive me :D
I also get a bit obstinate and argumentative. If I'm not budging or understanding your counterargument call me on my manners
sleepymancer

Postby TheMutant » Fri May 06, 2011 2:21 pm

Worth it. :B The dragons look wicked awesome, we finally get a proper shot of purples breath attack in action, and the sound effects make me snicker as always. And Tramennis is out of commission again. Gosh, if only they had a Healomancer nearby...! Yeah, he'll be fine.

Hmm. Maybe the Fairy Godmother is a Changemancer? Unless I'm mixing up my Disney classics...
Join the Erflings fanart gallery on DeviantArt!

Sixty wrote:Obviously the mystery caster has no particular feelings one way or the other about Parson, he simply heard "cue the Benny Hill music" and gave chase, compelled to do so by forces outside his control.
TheMutant
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby splexis » Fri May 06, 2011 2:40 pm

List of 'mancers in the Magic Kingdom in this update . . .

Panel 4: George Harrison, Cinderella's Fairy Godmother (CFG)
Panel 5: CFG, Hemione Granger, Jadzia Dax (? Spots are almost in exactly the right place . . . but then there's those ears . . .), Pinhead (? Probably not, but I don't recognize)
Panel 6: CFG, Hermione
Panels 7 and 8: George Harrison

Also: man what a lot of release from built up suspense!
splexis

Postby kefkakrazy » Fri May 06, 2011 2:49 pm

All I can say is, I can't get over how intimidating the Decrypted Dwagons look compared to normal Dwagons.
kefkakrazy

Postby gameboy1234 » Fri May 06, 2011 2:50 pm

Wow, now we're getting some action. Good stuff to every one working on the comic!!
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Vreejack » Fri May 06, 2011 2:53 pm

I still have no clue as to why George Harrison (as a member of Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band, no less) is a mancer, never mind being a thinkamancer.

It seems that Hamster has been spotted, and Georgie will do something to protect him. But not necessarily something thinkamancy-related as he is using a scroll.

Or--less likely--someone else intercepted that message from Maggie and is here to stop Parson.
So...Watashi wa mizugorō ga sukina koto o kiita, neh?
A Prediction is what would have happened had there been no Prediction. What is scary is that they are also what will happen in spite of the Prediction.
Vreejack

Postby Sieggy » Fri May 06, 2011 2:54 pm

Dunno, he looks more like Servius Snape to me, with a distinctly Rasputinish air . . . he doesn't look like one of the good guys, signamancy-wise . . . How the hell did Sylvia get multiple Dwagons through the halls? I guess you can resize them like other items, and I absolutely LOVE the expression on her face!

I think Stanley's lunch break is now officially over, and Maggie's got some 'splainin' to do! This ought to be interesting (he's in dere base, pwnin dere dudz . . .)
The Truth Will Set You Free. But First It Will Piss You Off.
Sieggy

Postby Channel Lock » Fri May 06, 2011 2:55 pm

All the predictions are dashed... and we are still left hanging. How interesting, keep it coming please, I'm eating this stuff up.
Channel Lock

Postby Atomic » Fri May 06, 2011 2:59 pm

So, I read the comic through a few times and I liked it. Then I reread the comic a few times...while listening to the Benny Hill-theme. Absolutely fantastic. My only hope is that the next few updates will mesh well with the music, too!!

What's the chance of switching back to only-comic updates for the time being? I wanna say it happened earlier in the book when a bit of action was going on, but I might be mistaken. Not that I don't love the text updates, but I'm ready for a bit more action! :lol:
Rob Balder wrote:We have one rule in these forums: don't be a dick.
Atomic

Postby gaiaswill » Fri May 06, 2011 3:00 pm

Gah, now the Benny Hill music is stuck in my head in endless loop. :evil:
gaiaswill

Postby mortissimus » Fri May 06, 2011 3:01 pm

So Stanley noticed that Parson left for the Magic Kingdom. Wonder how detailed the Rulers knowledge of troop placement is?
mortissimus

Next

Return to Reactions