The Shadow of Anvelis (PbP Game)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: The Shadow of Anvelis (PbP Game)

Postby jioan » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:35 am

Zorbo was walking on deck when the ship started to slow down. This can't be good. Something must be slowing us down purposefully. Then suddenly a wizard that Zorbo had seen earlier fell to the ground clutching his head. He started over, but he saw the cleric and realized he probably couldn't help more than him. Instead Zorbo walks to the edge of the ship and peers over looking for something in the water with Jagg. When Zorbo sees that the wizard stands up he continues to walk the ships perimeter looking for what slowed the boat until the boat returns to normal speed.

OCC(Both Zorbo and Jagg walk around the ship making perception checks.)
Last edited by jioan on Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
jioan
 
Posts: 122
Joined: Mon May 25, 2009 4:55 pm

Re: The Shadow of Anvelis (PbP Game)

Postby Lothmar » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:58 pm

He slowly shrugs off the attentiveness of franklyn and forces himself to his feet, covering half his face with his hand for a moment with a groan as his left eye slowly scrolls over his own drawing. He says in a grumbled tone "I dont know, it looks like a map. I have a feeling I should know but..." He sighs for a moment closing his left eye and concentrating.

"Some sort of a vision; a warning. . . A woman, almost familiar." He adds shaking his face for a moment and putting his finger caps back on. "She said something about land to the east, but that whoever did whatever they did to our own homeland would be after us there." He pauses to brush off his clothing. "There was also something about a sanctuary to the south that she said they couldn't find; it all happened to fast, give me some time to collect myself..." Pausing in his stride away he turns his head. "I'll be in my room, get the captain the prince and all they deem worth a meeting; not like we're going anywhere today anyway. I need to know our course;" He pauses to think 'And if they know anything they aren't telling us.'

~Drake returns to the room in a quickend step to check on the old woman and to recompose himself.~
~If she's not there he'll investigate and report the fact immediatly~
~If she's there he'll simply keep glancing at her in a paranoid manner until it's time for the meeting. If his words go ignored, he'll seek out the prince himself and convince him to listen to him.~
User avatar
Lothmar
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: The Shadow of Anvelis (PbP Game)

Postby chrono » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:10 am

Franklyn gives the man some space and watches the retreating figure of Drake, not sure what he should make of it.
"We'd better be vigilant, this vision may be a warning of danger yet to come. Someone should keep an eye overboard while I go and inform Tevin.", he says addressing the soldiers who have gathered around. Franklyn then rushes to Tevin's quarters, not slowing down (unless somebody tries to physically stop him). The priest gives Tevin's door an insistent knock. If it isn't answered in a few seconds he speaks loudly "Lord Tevin, I think there's something you need to see. A member of the crew just had... had a vision. Maybe a divine revelation. " (otherwise Franklyn enters)

If the door isn't answered by this point either, Franklyn knocks again, waits for a few moments and enters.

(assuming Tevin is there, Franklyn continues) "If that vision or divination is correct, we may be heading toward the wrong place. I believe it's wise to come with me and talk with the man with the vision in person."
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
User avatar
chrono
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: The Shadow of Anvelis (PbP Game)

Postby Skyrar » Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:44 pm

Corlen stares at the cleric and Drake, both hastily advancing belowdecks. He shrugs, leaves Vesk with the Map and goes over to the rail, where Zorbo is already checking the perimeter.

"Strange Stuff." Mutters the young man, trying to keep Pace. "You see anything?"
True Neutral Human Barbarian/Bard (2nd/1st Level)
Ability Scores:
Strength- 12
Dexterity- 11
Constitution- 10
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 13
Skyrar
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:03 pm

Re: The Shadow of Anvelis (PbP Game)

Postby TheCake » Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:33 pm

Garret stays on the deck to make sure that nothing attacks after the wizard fell down and got a map on his back
TheCake
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: The Shadow of Anvelis (PbP Game)

Postby Gerwulf » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:23 am

Franklyn knocked on the door rapidly, "Lord Tevin, I think there's something you need to see. A member of the crew just had... had a vision. Maybe a divine revelation."

A few moments passed. He was about to knock again when Tevin opened the door, "A vision you say?" he scanned the deck of the ship, noting the crowd of people. Franklyn continued, "If that vision or divination is correct, we may be heading towards the wrong place. I believe it's wise to come with me and talk with the man with the vision in person."
Tevin smiled a weak smile, "Yes, I'll speak with him. Bring him up here and he can tell us all what it is that he saw." Tevin then walked passed Franklyn and addressed the crowd of people, "Attention everyone. It appears as though we have a difficult decision in front of us today. I would hear the details of this vision, and then I would ask you all to present your thoughts on its meaning; and your desired course of action." He glanced down at the chart Drake has scratched into the deck of the ship and traced the lines with his left hand, "Interesting" he muttered as his hand passed over the small X to the south. He turned and looked at Franklyn, "Bring him up here, he has much to explain."
Gerwulf
 
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:55 am

Re: The Shadow of Anvelis (PbP Game)

Postby TheCake » Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:45 am

Garret joins the group of people but doesn't voice an opinion yet
TheCake
 
Posts: 30
Joined: Sat May 30, 2009 7:22 pm

Re: The Shadow of Anvelis (PbP Game)

Postby chrono » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:17 pm

"At once Lord", after hearing Tevin's words Franklyn gave a sharp salute and a moment later felt a bit odd about doing so.

Franklyn rushes off back to the room, but taking care to look at the faces of those who he passes on the way. "Drake, the prince wishes to see you. And I hope you already have a good explanation about what you just did." This seems to be a plain statement and no accusation or suspicion could be noticed in the priest's tone.
The priest heads towards the old lady and spends a few moments examining her condition. If she is still unconscious and there's nothing distressing about her condition, he continues "Come, let's not keep Tevin waiting"
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
User avatar
chrono
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: The Shadow of Anvelis (PbP Game)

Postby Lothmar » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:50 pm

((I take it everything is as it was, the old woman is asleep in the bed and not obviously gone, awake, etc. when forming this post))

As Drake contemplates and recomposes himself, certain thoughts continue to nag at his mind. Finally deciding to humor them he casts a cantrip and afterward focuses inward, attempting to discover if the possibility that she in fact was the originator of this particular situation is more then a meager possibility.

~Casts detect magic and focuses for a long enough period to discern schools and strengths of magic if need be on her person, if there are any. He will attempt and examine any item found in this manner and will likely put it back unless it seems to hold a particular importance or value of some sort to him.~

As Franklyne enters he finds Drake in meditation, slowly focusing on everything that has occurred in order to better commit it to memory. As he stands and dusts himself off it is apparent that he has nothing to say on the subject and at best would probably give him an uncaring grunt if he were not obviously trying to be polite on the subject.

Finally arriving up top on the deck he glances over the situation casually before approaching. "Here, or?" He asks the prince casually with a gesture of his hand as if pondering if what he has to say is best spoken in front of everyone.

~Regardless, what he has to say remains unchanged~

"I do not mean to sound rude sir, but I must finally ask 'what is our heading?' The only reason I ask this is that until recently I had assumed you had a plan, however if it lies to the east I am afraid it may be a certain end for all of us here. The vision;" He adds with a sigh as if the situation was trying. "Was handed down by a woman of striking resemblance to our special passenger below. She showed me that there was land to the east, however she also said that we would be soon set upon by those who did what they did to our own lands; If they are inhabited, are we in the right to subject other such countless lives to a similar fate and perhaps end up the same ourselves if we are not so lucky as to encounter another such passing individual as her? For I doubt she would be in any condition to do much about any such thing." He adds with a tone of irritation but soon calms himself. "Forgive my tone," He adds with a nod apologizing. "However, the suspicious part of me wonders if this is true or perhaps a great trick of some sort. The location marked with an 'x' is described as a location shielded from their scrying and only reachable by those who possess the experience of already being there," He adds holding his head for a moment. "Which, I seem to now possess after this message. The offer seemed to be an open invitation for the entire boat to take refuge, everyone in your employ, every civilian, everyone; a new start, safe from such things." He adds motioning to the sky. "And though the intelligent part of me says to accept, there is also a part of me that does not like the idea of doing nothing about a force with such ability as to reek such cataclysms at will. . . I know fighting against something so apocalyptic sounds, nigh hopeless but there is a glimmer if this message is true." He adds holding up his finger. "There is an artifact, she said that might aid in our fight. This Macguffin is called, The staff of Dragon kings. Surely it is a sign that 'I' at least must do this if not all of us; After all thier blood flows deep in my veins and gives me my strength and magic for I am no wizard, I am a sorcerer!" ((Sorry, I was really getting annoyed with everyone referring to me as a bloody wizard either IC or OOC XD)) He adds throwing his arms in the air with a 'fwap' of his sleeves for dramatic effect as if hoping to a storm to have been forming this entire time and a bolt of lightning to appear at just that moment. ". . .But drama aside. I will not ask anyone to go with me that is not willing and if this ship is destined to these lands unknown I will understand and guide you there myself; I may even stay for a time and see if there is anything they can share with us in these regards, perhaps train so as to not be squashed like some bug under a thumb." He pauses and leans in with a whisper. "Perhaps you would be so generous as to lend us the ship if we have enough people to crew it at that time, as transportation seems highly uncertain at the moment." He takes a few steps back and locks his hands in the small of his back as if waiting patiently for what he has to say. "And that, is all I have to say on these matters."
User avatar
Lothmar
 
Posts: 313
Joined: Tue May 12, 2009 12:24 pm

Re: The Shadow of Anvelis (PbP Game)

Postby chrono » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:45 pm

During Drake's speech Franklyn looks uneasy and takes a shallow breath a few times as if he has something to say, but he doesn't as he doesn't want to interrupt the speaker nor voice his mind before Tevin has had a chance to do so.
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
User avatar
chrono
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 1:13 pm

Re: The Shadow of Anvelis (PbP Game)

Postby chrono » Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:20 am

Franklyn takes a deep breath and shakes his head briefly, as if to chase away a nagging thought.
No, that can't be right... can it?

He had the nagging feeling he had been watching the deck for ages.
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
User avatar
chrono
 
Posts: 167
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 1:13 pm

Previous

Return to Your Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: BrimStone and 1 guest