Book 2 – Text Updates 048

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Text Updates 048

Postby balder » Fri May 13, 2011 1:48 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 048

Postby Atomic » Fri May 13, 2011 2:02 am

Aaah. The tension is definitely killing me, but it was totally worth waiting up for. To be honest, Piece is starting to get on my nerves. I hope if/when he's Decrypted it'll knock some of the annoying out of him.

On the flip side, Slately might just give Ace the attention he's been craving. Parson might not get his shiny new caster after all!
Rob Balder wrote:We have one rule in these forums: don't be a dick.
Atomic

Postby nth » Fri May 13, 2011 2:03 am

WE DON'T GET TO SEE THE NEW SCEPTER?!

Rob has made a compelling cliffhanger out of an accessory. We're doomed.
nth

Postby cloudbreaker » Fri May 13, 2011 2:05 am

nth wrote:WE DON'T GET TO SEE THE NEW SCEPTER?!

Rob has made a compelling cliffhanger out of an accessory. We're doomed.

Agreed!
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Sylvan » Fri May 13, 2011 2:11 am

Silly little fat man, you took too long. But it'll be alright, because Ossomer won't try terribly hard.

Looks like the bounties are not just for Charlescomm store credit.......

I wonder if there will be a mad dash for the accessories in the tower room Slately was using. Will we see Archons getting Lightsabered?

I'm seeing a handgun, bundle of dynamite, and maybe a grenade or two in this text update. Not sure how much any of that besides the handgun would be useful against the Archons. Anyone else catch something on the accessory table I am missing? (I already mentioned the Lightsaber)
Sylvan

Postby Hayes » Fri May 13, 2011 2:21 am

This was the first update that ever made me pull my own hair and growl "what happens next?????" So, good job.
Hayes

Postby Sixty » Fri May 13, 2011 2:39 am

Great update! I can't wait to see what happens next. The purple dwagon's siege attack seems to have done more than just destroy the door Trem was coming out of. I wonder if the tower itself has hits that decrease as it takes siege damage.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Zeku » Fri May 13, 2011 2:48 am

"There is a chance!" shouted Ace, pounding his fist into his palm. "And it's at least worth considering, Pierce!" He turned to Slately, "Highness, this is what I'm thinking. We work on our own target of choice."

"Yeah, he wants to hit your son first," interrupted Pierce, "But I'm saying, even supposing that works, we're still outnumbered up there. We just don't have the flyers for a fight like that."

"He wants to hit your son first." What does this mean? And I'm not totally sure what this means either: "We work on our own target of choice."
Zeku

Postby Atomic » Fri May 13, 2011 2:54 am

Zeku wrote:
"There is a chance!" shouted Ace, pounding his fist into his palm. "And it's at least worth considering, Pierce!" He turned to Slately, "Highness, this is what I'm thinking. We work on our own target of choice."

"Yeah, he wants to hit your son first," interrupted Pierce, "But I'm saying, even supposing that works, we're still outnumbered up there. We just don't have the flyers for a fight like that."

"He wants to hit your son first." What does this mean? And I'm not totally sure what this means either: "We work on our own target of choice."

The casters had just identified Slately as Gobwin Knob's number one target... so Ace was suggesting they choose a target of their own: Ossomer. Piece is using "hit your son" as a not-so-crude way of saying they're planning to kill Slately's (former) son.
Rob Balder wrote:We have one rule in these forums: don't be a dick.
Atomic

Postby goodmorning » Fri May 13, 2011 2:57 am

Well done guys! I think someone can officially claim calling the doubling Unipegataurs and hitting the archons. Now its just a question of what hardware Ace can produce in the space of 30 seconds and how effective they will be.
goodmorning

Postby Werdernerd » Fri May 13, 2011 3:05 am

Aaaah, this is killing me!!! This web comic format is so intoxicatingly infuriating! I wish I had the discipline to just wait for the book, but the waiting, ah the waiting.
Anyone else checking for updates three times a day?
Also: I'm in Germany and my Book 1 is still in the states until my in-laws come next week. NEXT WEEK! Argh.
Werdernerd

Postby kreszantas » Fri May 13, 2011 3:29 am

Atomic wrote:Aaah. The tension is definitely killing me, but it was totally worth waiting up for. To be honest, Piece is starting to get on my nerves. I hope if/when he's Decrypted it'll knock some of the annoying out of him.

On the flip side, Slately might just give Ace the attention he's been craving. Parson might not get his shiny new caster after all!

I still think the jury is still in deliberation on this matter. If Ace actually lives to see Parson fully decked out step through the JS portal and say now THAT's a man that knows his bonuses.
Huh? What was that sound, oh nevermind it was nothing.
kreszantas

Postby Zeku » Fri May 13, 2011 3:36 am

The casters had just identified Slately as Gobwin Knob's number one target... so Ace was suggesting they choose a target of their own: Ossomer. Piece is using "hit your son" as a not-so-crude way of saying they're planning to kill Slately's (former) son.

Oh, Ossomer. Wow, how did that one slip past me. I guess in my mind that word is now meaningless in reference to decrypted.
Zeku

Postby skarl » Fri May 13, 2011 3:44 am

nice update! sitting in school, having an 'hour without classes' (google translate gives no translations for 'tussenuur'. ),and cheking if the new update is onine: and IT IS!

now, we finally know the jetstone battle plan.
I'm not serious. I am never serious. seriously!

(please remember that I am a foreign speaker, and therefore make a lot of spelling & gramatic mistakes, and please don't pin me down on my exact formulation.)
skarl

Postby snow1wolf » Fri May 13, 2011 4:01 am

I would call this the single best text update to date hands down. It really has gotten to the point you will be somewhat confused as to what is happening if you only ever read the comics.
snow1wolf

Postby Smoker » Fri May 13, 2011 4:23 am

snow1wolf wrote:I would call this the single best text update to date hands down. It really has gotten to the point you will be somewhat confused as to what is happening if you only ever read the comics.

I would looove the text updates included in the book - or at least some of them, so as not to disrupt the flow of the comic too much (text/comic/text/comic might make for a weird book) So. much. flavour. It's worth showing off in the book.
No, no. It hit him in the brain because it killed him. - Dante
Smoker

Postby peteratjet » Fri May 13, 2011 4:59 am

Shaken but not spilt! Well, maybe a few drops. (Pierce's Martini that is)

Is that Radar next to Ace?
peteratjet

Postby Beeskee » Fri May 13, 2011 6:09 am

Smoker wrote:
snow1wolf wrote:I would call this the single best text update to date hands down. It really has gotten to the point you will be somewhat confused as to what is happening if you only ever read the comics.

I would looove the text updates included in the book - or at least some of them, so as not to disrupt the flow of the comic too much (text/comic/text/comic might make for a weird book) So. much. flavour. It's worth showing off in the book.

This and this.

I was just thinking, there is so much awesome being poured into these updates, it'd be a shame if they weren't included in the book.
Beeskee

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Fri May 13, 2011 6:23 am

Beeskee wrote:
Smoker wrote:

This and this.

I was just thinking, there is so much awesome being poured into these updates, it'd be a shame if they weren't included in the book.

I've been saying that for ages.

In any case, regardless of whether or not a decent formula might be found to have a book including/alternating text and comic pages, the text updates we get are very nice and lets toast to that!

Also, you go Slately! Just look at the guy, so full of prejudice and insecurity, but desperate enough to get over those. Sweet king may Archons sing thee to thy rest.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Raza » Fri May 13, 2011 6:36 am

The way these last few updates fit into this one is very impressive. You've got all these little loose hooks and questions giving you a partial outline for what is to come - then wham, there's that next piece of the puzzle that not only fits them all, but makes so much internal sense that you can't imagine it having been any other shape. And that while every separate piece is also a very enjoyable read on its own.

I wanna know what Ace is doing to Slately's sceptre. Something more interesting than a +X to attack, hopefully - or perhaps a +X to attack that manifests itself interestingly would be just fine.

Also cool: Pierce's regenerating drink, which is apparently always half full. Does it spawn its own rations? And does the choice to describe it as 'always half full' say anything about Slately's perspective, current or general?
Last edited by Raza on Fri May 13, 2011 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raza

Next

Return to Reactions