Gobwin Bump IV

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Gobwin Bump IV

Postby LTDave » Mon May 16, 2011 8:31 pm

This thread is just to gauge interest.

The forum game "Return to Gobwin Bump" will be ending in a few more turns - after all, the Alliance has returned to Gobwin Bump, and captured the City.

I'm thinking ahead to a new chapter in the ongoing saga that is "The Battle for Gobwin Bump", and this thread is to see if anyone out there wants to participate.

The current version has four active players, and I think the next one could go as high as 8 before I need to deputise another GM to keep track of things.

So, what will it be about?

*** SPOILER ALERT ***
If you are a current player in The Battle for Gobwin Bump, you may not want to read on.

Spoiler: show
Oh, who am I kidding? Of course you're going to read on. Look, you already did!

Spoiler: show
Basically, we join the game at the point where Book II in the comic begins - Unaroyal falls, and Gowbin Bump and the allied forces within it are cut off from their home sides. One player is appointed ruler, and the rest can choose to be part of the new nation of the Bump, or become Barbarian Tribes. Under pressure from all sides, can the new nation survive until the Alliance can reestablish communications? {Unless, of course, Jetstone falls in the next few comics and the whole storyline falls apart...}

We'll be using the rules that are currently drafted as "The Battle for three point three", which you can find a link to in my signature.

Post your interest or questions here.
LTDave

Re: Gobwin Bump IV

Postby Nihila » Mon May 16, 2011 9:09 pm

I'm interested, and I'll draw up a side over the next few days.
"The Infantrymen of Erfworld have nothing to lose but their chains. They have Erfworld to win. Infantry of all sides: Unite!"--Kawl Mawx, Master-class Moneymancer
Nihila

Postby tigerusthegreat » Mon May 16, 2011 10:28 pm

I will reprise Isenlard's role as a side. I wil also put my hat in as ruler. Are we doing cw and ruler as one player or serparating them into multiple players
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 4/09/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 4/09/2014 (link is to first page)
tigerusthegreat

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Mon May 16, 2011 11:24 pm

Also interested, though TAW will be itself transitioning soon and I may get tied up in that.

In-character, I may reprise Escotia, or just play a loyal Bumpian warlord; either works.
WaterMonkey314

Postby HerbieRai » Tue May 17, 2011 2:34 pm

I'll get back in, although I think I'm done with Evil Imaginationland, to long of a name.

On a side note, I noticed you went back to the older ways of making walls and attacking, so I think I'll run some sort of Lemming side to test the exploits.
HerbieRai

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun May 22, 2011 2:29 pm

I'm interested too.

However, can I register a new side for some future use, the Ewws? Cousins of the Elves, these people are adept forest guardians, keen shots, gracile ... but not gracious. Nor especially pretty. Their faces are a constant boiling of pustules adorned by zits oozing goo. Their hair is in a constant state of unkemptness, and a stronger wind will blow dandruff out of it. Their clothes have grown hard with crusts from bodily effluvia, to the point where they function as leather armour despite appearing to have originally just been cloth. Their mephitic body odour has been given its own level in the scale of pestilential smells. They fart without even a shred of comedic timing.

Basically, an Archer/Dirta side, mostly.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Sun May 22, 2011 4:06 pm

I'm in.

If I play as part of the new nation, will I have my own types of units, or will we all have to share five units.

If we have to share five units, I will probably choose barbarian tribe.
Twoy

Postby LTDave » Mon May 23, 2011 9:28 pm

Here's what I'm thinking for "The Nation" and "The Barbarians"

The Nation
Forces loyal to the Nation can only be spawned in the capital.
Units loyal to the Nation must be maintained at 10% of popping cost per turn. Units that cannot be maintained must be disbanded.
The Nation may have three types of special characters.
The Nation may have ten different types of units.
All funds will be controlled by the ruler of the Nation. Income is derived from controlled open hexes within two hexes of controlled cities.
Forces will be given to various players to command in the field. Each player must have at least one Commander assigned to their control. The ruler may appoint another to serve as Chief Warlord, or other functions, as desired.
Any player that is a part of the nation may propose another player to become ruler. If a majority of players agree, a new ruler is appointed.
Players are not obliged to obey the orders of their ruler.

The Barbarians
Forces that elect to be Barbarians can choose a hex with their units present to be their ‘camp.’ All forces from that faction are spawned in the camp.
Barbarian units must be maintained at 20% of popping cost per turn. Units that cannot be maintained must be disbanded.
Barbarian factions may have one type of special character.
Each Barbarian faction may have four different types of units.
Each Barbarian faction will be responsible for its own treasury. Income is gained either by gifts from the Nation, or from “foraging” in open hexes. “Foraging” too close to the Nation’s Cities will result in lost income for the nation.
The Barbarian factions are allied with the Nation, but act as they deem fit. They are not obliged to obey orders, though they might lose future funding!

To simplify money matters, only Schmuckers left in a faction's treasury from a previous turn can be spent in a current turn. All income earned or received in a turn cannot be spent until the next turn.
LTDave

Postby tigerusthegreat » Sat May 28, 2011 7:20 pm

Since nobody objected or wanted the job other than me I guess I am de facto leader?

In that case, as Overlord, Lord Dover will take command. Any specific unit types you guys want? I would also like to know who is barbarian and who is a member of the unnamed nation (name recommendations are welcome)
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 4/09/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 4/09/2014 (link is to first page)
tigerusthegreat

Postby Twoy » Sun May 29, 2011 7:56 pm

Since the Nation gets a cheaper upkeep cost, it makes sense for the Nation to have Cwoakamancers. The nation is best able to pay the upkeep when additional pop points become available to pop new units.

I think the Nation should also be responsible for building walls. That means Dirtomancy.

And the Nation should be responsible for knocking down walls. Maybe select Dittomancy as the third special. A dittomancer give a 50 percent bonyus for siege and for archers.

Therefore, the Nation should have:
1. Pikers that are good for defense.
2. Strong siege units that can survive moving up to the walls of an enemy city.
3. Strong archers, since we already have Dittomancers to increase their attack bonus and cwoakamancers to gain additional pop points from their attacks.
Twoy

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon May 30, 2011 8:03 am

Hmm.

Explain "foraging", please. I'm tempted to have the Ewws as a Barbarian faction. I don't need that many unit types (4 is plenty) but only one type of special character, whoa, that'll be harsh.

Anyway, the Ewws are an Archer side. Archers, archers, moar* Archers ... basically, that's it. I was planning to have building of walls in there as well, so I'll see how I can get those two design features to meet up. Maybe an Archer side without Dittos but Dirtas or something. I'll see.

And soon, so that the Nation knows what unit types it doesn't urgently need.

EDIT:

*: see, this is why I hate-hate-hate with furious unholy anger some restrictions in the rules. I just thought up a unit, the "Moa Archer". It's an Archer, riding a Moa. Supposed to be slightly faster moving than an Archer. But noooo.

EDIT, 2:

Hey wait. If I use "Moa something or other" as a cavalry unit, I have a unit type that trumps whatever can trump Archers. Disregard above, life is wonderful.

EDIT the Third:

What I'm unclear on is what does "only one special charcater type" mean. Does it mean I can only pick one special (the same special) for all commanders, only one commander may have specials (as many as I can afford), or only one commander may have one special only?
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Mon May 30, 2011 11:22 am

I'm fairly certain it means you can have, for example, Dittomancers. You could have 3 warlords with Dittomancy, and two warlords with no special. You cannot have any other specials.

"More than one Commander may join a stack, but only the highest level Commander influences combat. Any others are merely observers."

QUESTION: If you have two warlords, a dittomancer and a cwoakamancer, in a stack, would you get the +50 percent from the dittomancer added to your damage and the cwoakamncy pop point bonus?
Twoy

Return to Your Games