Book 2 – Page 61

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 61

Postby balder » Tue May 17, 2011 2:31 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 61

Postby :-) » Tue May 17, 2011 2:36 am

Sizemores look when he hears about another caster: Priceless!
:-)

Postby mhangman » Tue May 17, 2011 2:36 am

Superb!
mhangman

Postby kreszantas » Tue May 17, 2011 2:46 am

" That is not a part of the plan " rutrow!
Huh? What was that sound, oh nevermind it was nothing.
kreszantas

Postby Dr Pepper » Tue May 17, 2011 2:47 am

Definitely George Harrison- he runs just like in Yellow Submarine.
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby Dr Pepper » Tue May 17, 2011 2:49 am

Furthermore, since he is following Parson instead of opening up the scroll, i'd say he's not there to attack. I think this is where the Great Minds come in like a third party, making their move to take over Parson's plan.
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby goodmorning » Tue May 17, 2011 2:49 am

Wow, Janis is finally backing out of her support for Parson? First time we've seen her waver at all. Nice to see that there's someone even more determined than her. I suppose it makes sense it would be a Predictamancer.

So I think that's definitely not Jeftichew then. He's not going after Stanley, and he's not doing anything even remotely Carnymancy-esque. That makes him most likely George Harrison, and that scroll does not look like its a nice thing for Parson. It's a shame. I wanted to see the Stanley assassination attempt. Oh well.

Sizemore has to collapse that tunnel FAST! Shouldn't be too difficult if he reacts quickly though. He's good enough to be precise.

Oh, and Janis and Marie really need to step off of that patch of grass.

Awesome update. Loving every page.
goodmorning
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby kreszantas » Tue May 17, 2011 3:00 am

Dr Pepper wrote:Furthermore, since he is following Parson instead of opening up the scroll, i'd say he's not there to attack. I think this is where the Great Minds come in like a third party, making their move to take over Parson's plan.

I am in the camp of the "getting by with a little help of my friends" but Parson did not pick this "friend"
Huh? What was that sound, oh nevermind it was nothing.
kreszantas

Postby Muzzafar » Tue May 17, 2011 3:05 am

goodmorning wrote:So I think that's definitely not Jeftichew then. He's not going after Stanley, and he's not doing anything even remotely Carnymancy-esque.

It is because you ass-u-me that the one everybody hates is Stanley. And it is not.
Queen Bea was not horrified by Stanley. She was horrified by Wanda.
So if "the other caster" is Jeftichew indeed, then his target is likely to be Wanda, not Stanley. And we know where Wanda is, right? That's right where Parson is heading to.
Muzzafar
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Guppy » Tue May 17, 2011 3:33 am

Muzzafar wrote:It is because you ass-u-me that the one everybody hates is Stanley. And it is not.
Queen Bea was not horrified by Stanley. She was horrified by Wanda.
So if "the other caster" is Jeftichew indeed, then his target is likely to be Wanda, not Stanley. And we know where Wanda is, right? That's right where Parson is heading to.

How much does Jeftichew (?) know, exactly?

Parson is possible target, but that depends on how much Jeftichew knows about him. For most Erfworlders, it's possible that Parson doesn't even register on the radar, since he's been behind the scenes while Wanda's been the one out being all hot and spooky and OBEY ME. Then again, Jeftichew needed to know when/where to wait in ambush -- I suspect Charlie could be feeding Jeftichew information.

At any rate, regardless of his objective (Parson or Wanda or general anti-GK mayhem) he's got to pass through Parson, so there's going to be a fight probably. It's entirely possible that we're in the situation where Jeftichew has one target in mind (Wanda or Stanley), but has offered to take out Parson (for someone like Charlie) as the price of doing so.

Edit: Seems to me most likely source of timing/location information for Jeftichew is either interception of Maggie's message, or a Predictamancer.
Last edited by Guppy on Tue May 17, 2011 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Guppy

Postby thaco4 » Tue May 17, 2011 4:58 am

[equip=tinfoil_hat]
Idea!! what if instead of going after Parson he is going to go through GK's portal and hit GK from the portal room. that scroll knocks out everyone in the portal room but the caster. Then goes for Stanley.End GK and everyone goes barbarian. Check sir.
[unequip=tinfoil_hat]

Bummer, I was waiting with bated breath to see I my tinfoil hat was strong enough. Well, win some lose most I guess.
Indeed
thaco4

Postby Sixty » Tue May 17, 2011 5:25 am

Obviously the mystery caster has no particular feelings one way or the other about Parson, he simply heard "cue the Benny Hill music" and gave chase, compelled to do so by forces outside his control.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Tue May 17, 2011 5:28 am

I don't really see how the Magic Kingdom can be considered neutral at this point given their treatment of Gobwin Knob. Wanda can't go there anymore for fear of being murdered after all.

Sixty wrote:Obviously the mystery caster has no particular feelings one way or the other about Parson, he simply heard "cue the Benny Hill music" and gave chase, compelled to do so by forces outside his control.

That makes perfect sense.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Tue May 17, 2011 6:41 am

thaco4 wrote:
[equip=tinfoil_hat]
Idea!! what if instead of going after Parson he is going to go through GK's portal and hit GK from the portal room. that scroll knocks out everyone in the portal room but the caster. Then goes for Stanley.End GK and everyone goes barbarian. Check sir.
[unequip=tinfoil_hat]
Bummer, I was waiting with bated breath to see I my tinfoil hat was strong enough. Well, win some lose most I guess.

That couldn't have worked. When a ruler croaks without an heir, everyone outside a city disbands, and everyone in a city is frozen in time unless under attack. The only reason Jillian & Stanley went barbarian were because they were heirs when their ruler and capital fell. Stanley has no heir, so croaking him would just end the side.
MarbitChow

Postby Gorky » Tue May 17, 2011 6:47 am

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUN!
Gorky

Postby Drahken » Tue May 17, 2011 7:12 am

Well I hadn't posted here since newer forums were instated, so my previous account was lost. But who cares about that? No one, that's who.

Anyway. What if the caster is following Parson in appearance only? Say someone were in dispute with a powerful cabal of casters who lived in the MK and, I don't know, all thought alike. Those casters are untouchable because the MK is neutral. But what if that someone knew that Parson was going to be passing through and sent a caster to follow him to appear to be going with him? People would think exactly what Janis thought: that the MK was being used as a staging ground for war. Even if he weren't really with Parson, as long as people thought he was, there would be chaos. Then war would come to the MK and it would no longer be neutral. Then that someone would be able to send forces there and attack that pesky cabal he hates so much. Just my own tinfoil hat theory,
Drahken
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Berserkas » Tue May 17, 2011 7:21 am

Wait what
Berserkas

Postby BCCroaker » Tue May 17, 2011 7:35 am

kreszantas wrote:I am in the camp of the "getting by with a little help of my friends" but Parson did not pick this "friend"

Then it would be Ringo.
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby themysticalone » Tue May 17, 2011 7:52 am

My first thought was 'What if that's Charlie?"

...but I don't really think it is at all, because why would Charlie risk himself ever?
Read Fodi at baldninja.com
themysticalone

Postby hajo » Tue May 17, 2011 7:55 am

goodmorning wrote:Wow, Janis is finally backing out of her support for Parson?

I get the impression, that she didn't think much about how their plan would unfold,
and all the implications. She sounded a lot different when talking to Sizemore...

Also, how did the caster following Parson get the information, so that he could be there,
ready with equipment at the right place and time ?

I can see that coming only from the TgMtta, or maybe from Charlie if he intercepted Maggie's message.
-HaJo

You Only Live Twice or so it seems,
One life 'till you croak, and one 'till you dust.
hajo

Next

Return to Reactions