Book 2 – Text Updates 049

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Text Updates 049

Postby balder » Sun May 22, 2011 10:13 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 049

Postby shadowdemon » Sun May 22, 2011 10:22 pm

I wonder if were about to see a new leaf in Stanley's leadership, or if he's about to become more annoying then ever and screw everything up for the battle.
shadowdemon

Postby Kaed » Sun May 22, 2011 10:27 pm

Is that twoll brain damaged? I'm starting to wonder if something is up with him lately.

I know twolls aren't generally bright sure but... wow. Just wow. He's being a retard.

I PUT BREAD IN FACE DURR
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Guppy » Sun May 22, 2011 10:30 pm

I have to wonder if the theme for the upcoming battle is going to be a comedy of errors. I get the feeling Stanley's about to step all over his own side's plans in his buffoonish way, while Tramennis tragically does the same to his father's.
Guppy

Postby TheMutant » Sun May 22, 2011 10:35 pm

Wonder if this is good or bad character development for our dear Tool. x) His promoting Zhopa seemed at least a little well-meant...

Let's see if he boops things up. I think the damage here is limited by Maggie's diminishing juice, though- unless rulers can issue orders long-distance without Thinkagrams? My mind's blanking here.

Mind you, Stanley is kinda justified in asking what the boop is going on here.
Join the Erflings fanart gallery on DeviantArt!

Sixty wrote:Obviously the mystery caster has no particular feelings one way or the other about Parson, he simply heard "cue the Benny Hill music" and gave chase, compelled to do so by forces outside his control.
TheMutant
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Lonk the Sane » Sun May 22, 2011 10:44 pm

Zhopa is smarter than he behaves.

Either that, or he just made himself an open-face sandwich, har-har.
Lonk the Sane

Postby Deuce » Sun May 22, 2011 10:54 pm

shadowdemon wrote:I wonder if were about to see a new leaf in Stanley's leadership, or if he's about to become more annoying then ever and screw everything up for the battle.

I see no good reason why it can't be both.
Deuce

Postby kefkakrazy » Sun May 22, 2011 10:55 pm

I'm inclined to agree that Zhopa is probably smarter than he acts, though we have some evidence to show that Twolls in general are dumb as a post and that Bogroll was a pretty exceptional example. (Him being brainy for a twoll might account for him getting picked on by the other minions, too)

I get this as Stanley deciding "I'll find you a Duty you'll hate" and Zhopa quietly agreeing with him. Instead of facepalm, we get facebread.

On the other hand, it's possible Zhopa IS that dumb.
kefkakrazy

Postby the_tick_rules » Sun May 22, 2011 11:15 pm

Boy Stan needs to order that mega memory thing.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby Gregdafro » Sun May 22, 2011 11:31 pm

Guppy wrote:I have to wonder if the theme for the upcoming battle is going to be a comedy of errors. I get the feeling Stanley's about to step all over his own side's plans in his buffoonish way, while Tramennis tragically does the same to his father's.

I hope it isn't. It'll be a lot more interesting to see them both succeed, rather than them both fail. Specifically, Parson better get through that gate to fight and win the battle, and Tramennis better become heir before his father dies.
Gregdafro

Postby Housellama » Sun May 22, 2011 11:32 pm

kefkakrazy wrote:I'm inclined to agree that Zhopa is probably smarter than he acts, though we have some evidence to show that Twolls in general are dumb as a post and that Bogroll was a pretty exceptional example. (Him being brainy for a twoll might account for him getting picked on by the other minions, too)

I get this as Stanley deciding "I'll find you a Duty you'll hate" and Zhopa quietly agreeing with him. Instead of facepalm, we get facebread.

On the other hand, it's possible Zhopa IS that dumb.

Well, Stanley DID say "Break" when the Twoll had the bread in his hands. Maybe the Twoll interpreted that as an order to him as well?

I have a theory about Duty and Loyalty affecting the actions and attitudes of lower level units, but I can't really put it into coherent words at 2330. Stanley is pretty aimless right now. Zhopa's Duty and Loyalty right now is focused on Stanley. Maggie, Jack and Co have Duty to the side, but Loyalty mostly to Parson. And Parson has a very clear purpose. So they have a very clear purpose. All the Decrypted are Loyal to Wanda, and she has a very clear purpose as well. Perhaps because Stanley is aimless, that aimlessness is reflected on those units loyal to Stanley.

Just a theory. Feedback welcome.
"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu, Chapter 1, Line 18, The Art of War

"The principle of strategy is to know ten thousand things by having one thing." - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Earth, Go Rin No Sho
Housellama
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby The.Healing.Mage » Sun May 22, 2011 11:35 pm

Rob, has anyone told you that you are an evil, EEEEEVIL master of suspense?

I think Zhopa is going to follow in Blogroll's shoes of being very well intentioned, and actually moderately competent. And I was going to push back against Kaed on Zhopa's intelligence, until I realized I was ninjaed by Lonk the Sane.
The.Healing.Mage

Postby atalex » Sun May 22, 2011 11:58 pm

Kaed wrote:Is that twoll brain damaged? I'm starting to wonder if something is up with him lately.

I know twolls aren't generally bright sure but... wow. Just wow. He's being a retard.

I PUT BREAD IN FACE DURR

To expand on what others have said, I think the reason for Zhopa's behavior is that all he wants is to be left alone to do his job, but all day long he has been pestered with questions by his ruler, a guy who can disband him at will. Earlier, he feared that he might be punished or disbanded just for inadvertently offending Stanley by making the chair either too tall or not tall enough. And now, he is expected to constantly follow said ruler around and be subjected to such questions all the time! It's like Keef from Futurama on the first day he got promoted to being Zapp Brannigan's second-in-command, except that (a) Zhopa doesn't have Keef's wit and intellect to deal with the constant barrage of stupid and (b) Zapp doesn't have the authority to summarily execute Keef for any imagined offense.

In other news, this
"Wow, yeah. Seems like nothing has happened around here in ages! 'Mean this day has just been crawling, m'I right?"

is hilarious!!!
atalex

Postby Xenon » Mon May 23, 2011 12:15 am

poor zhopa.

oh well, at least that makes Stanly's idiot quota for the turn, lets hope hes not an overachiever.
Xenon

Postby Malanthyus » Mon May 23, 2011 12:49 am

I'm fairly confident that Zhopa broke the bread because he heard Stanley yell out "BREAK".
Malanthyus

Postby multilis » Mon May 23, 2011 1:00 am

Malanthyus wrote:I'm fairly confident that Zhopa broke the bread because he heard Stanley yell out "BREAK".

I read it as Zhopa does not want his new promotion. Stanley has a reputation for being bad at employee relations.
multilis

Postby abb3w » Mon May 23, 2011 1:04 am

shadowdemon wrote:I wonder if were about to see a new leaf in Stanley's leadership, or if he's about to become more annoying then ever and screw everything up for the battle.

...both?
abb3w

Postby Sixty » Mon May 23, 2011 1:08 am

multilis wrote:
Malanthyus wrote:I'm fairly confident that Zhopa broke the bread because he heard Stanley yell out "BREAK".

I read it as Zhopa does not want his new promotion. Stanley has a reputation for being bad at employee relations.

I agree with this.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby abb3w » Mon May 23, 2011 1:11 am

Stanley the Plaid, Overlord of Gobwin Knob and Tool of the Titans wrote:"Wow, yeah. Seems like nothing has happened around here in ages! 'Mean this day has just been crawling, m'I right?"

...the titans wax ironic at the slow pace of updates as well. :lol:
abb3w

Postby Syal » Mon May 23, 2011 1:16 am

kefkakrazy wrote:I get this as Stanley deciding "I'll find you a Duty you'll hate" and Zhopa quietly agreeing with him. Instead of facepalm, we get facebread.

I took it as Stanley trying to find something that would please Zhopa, which failed because nobody likes Stanley.
Syal

Next

Return to Reactions