Return to Gobwin Bump

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Return to Gobwin Bump

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri May 27, 2011 9:57 pm

Combat:
Spoiler: show
COMBAT!
Battle is joined in hex: E6
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds): 5323
Attacker:
Total Attack Value: 42
Total Defence of Top 8 Units: 40
Level of Highest Commander: 3
Special Bonus: 1.0
Trump Bonus: 0.0
Random Percentage: 50%

Hits Inflicted on Defender: 22

Defender:
Total Attack Value: 64
Total Defence of Top 8 Units: 26
Total Terrain & Walls Defence: 0
Level of Highest Commander: 0
Special Bonus: 0.0
Random Percentage: 50%

Hits Inflicted on Attacker: -8

Saruham's forces strike a decent blow, though not a great one. He levels, after pincushioning one twoll, and injuring the second (21/22)

(Note: this nets me 53 croakamancy points for next turn, assuming trolls die first. If now, then I've killed 2 goblins, netting only 26, and wounding one to 2/8, but it seems trolls have died first so far).

Now, there is a terrible sizzling noise, as Hamwise flies overhead with his baconrogs, taking on the final stack.

Saruham's forces attack, though even with dittomancy
Prehendo Victoria - My first erfworld story. Comment thread

Last Updated 4/09/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 4/09/2014 (link is to first page)
tigerusthegreat

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri May 27, 2011 10:02 pm

Combat!
COMBAT!
Battle is joined in hex: E6
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds): 5725
Attacker:
Total Attack Value: 120
Total Defence of Top 8 Units: 30
Level of Highest Commander: 3
Random Percentage: 80%

Hits Inflicted on Defender: 98

Defender:
Total Attack Value: 64
Total Defence of Top 8 Units: 26
Random Percentage: 80%

Hits Inflicted on Attacker: 21

The smell of roasting Stabber can be smelt ten hexes away, as the forces of Gobwins are obliterated in a flash of delicious smelling fire. Hamwise is now lvl 3.2, and stack X no longer exists. One baconrog is badly injured (4/25 left)

BTW guys, my forces are staying put for mutual defense (baconrogs will get badly hurt if they retreat), so someone needs to reinforce GB if possible.

Last Updated 4/09/2014

Imperial Destiny (My Science Fiction Story) Updated 4/09/2014 (link is to first page)
tigerusthegreat

Postby tigerusthegreat » Fri May 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Depending on what happens next turn, my baconrogs might be able to get Gwegor. I'm a little shocked at the sheer power of 6 baconrogs, even if they are largely glass cannons.

Quick question, if I use Lardz's dirtamancy to build walls at his current location, will they get a defensive bonus if attacked by units in that hex next turn? I'd imagine that they would be building breastworks around their position, and not the hex in general. If so, I'd like to construct 20 points of defensive wall for that purpose.

Last Updated 4/09/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby Twoy » Sat May 28, 2011 5:52 am

Queen Jadis (lvl 6.3) attacks Stack T:
T [f9] 2 Twoll Stabbers, 6 Gobwin Stabbers, Commander Tuzki (lookamancer) Lvl 3 90H, 64A, 26D
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Sat May 28, 2011 6:05 am

My spreadsheet seems to be broken. Will run the combat later unless someone else has time before I get back.

The roll is almost as bad as it can get, a 3 for my attack and the Gobs got an 11 on their def. My spreadsheet is showing only one centaur cwoaked, which can't be right.

Edit:
I downloaded the spreadsheet again and it's still showing the wrong result for the defender's damage against my centaurs. I'm not an Excel user, so I have no idea what is wrong.

Roll of 5255 (3 attack/11 defense): Jadis takes 65 hits. 4 Centaurs cwoaked and 1 Centaur loses 5 hits.

Stabber stack takes 63 hits. 2 Twoll stabbers cwoaked, 2 Gobwin stabbers cwoaked, 1 Gobwin Stabber loses 3 hits. Jadis gets 132 cwoak points.
Twoy

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat May 28, 2011 7:43 am

By my calculation,

Queen Jadis inflicts 63 damage, whereas Tuzki inflicts 67. So not much different from your own.

Btw., any chance one of the Centaur stacks would end turn on D9?

EDIT: if not, then I guess beefing up Defense by 20 is also a possibility.

EDIT, EDIT: what level is Gwegow?
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby tigerusthegreat » Sat May 28, 2011 7:39 pm

tactical discussion for our guys: should I retreat the rogs on hex to block the enemy from taking back gb? The net result will look something like this:

A. Enemy forces push to gb. Smart thing would be to attack with archers, overcoming the rogs defense and dealing some damage (28*1.5= 42 vs 30 defence is probable, but won't do much). The archers die, but the other stabber stack can punch through the rogs for good damage, without retaliation.

B. Forces engage the stacks of Lardz and Saruham, then retreat to GP.

Or, I keep them all together, those two stacks retreat or take gb if its not reinforced, and I don't loose a lot of baconrogs (if stabber stack attacks the rogs, the stabbers die, takimg a few rogs with them, I still think its a win unless I loose 3-4, anyway obliterating the stack this turn showed their worth, and given a good pop roll next turn, I will reinforce the rogs further).

Thoughts? Moving the rogs is better for the alliance short term, but keeping them is best long term (and best for me short term)

Last Updated 4/09/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby Twoy » Sun May 29, 2011 3:00 am

Steam Gentlemen: I plan to return my centaurs to G9 so that I can reinforce them from troops popped at GB. If I sent them to D9, as you requested, they would only be a partial stack. You could hit Gwegor, then send the forces to D8 above the lake so that they can only be hit by other flying forces. You could also reinforce the stack by popping more units at GB and sending them to D8.

Isenlard: I recommend that you move the baconrogs to GB. Are you planning to strengthen GB's walls this turn?

Evil Imagination Land: Perhaps you can move your storm troopers down to Gobwin's Hollow to destroy it. That would make it no longer a valuable target for the Gobbers, and they would still be behind 70 point walls if for some reason the GB forces continue in that direction.
Last edited by Twoy on Sun May 29, 2011 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Sun May 29, 2011 3:04 am

King Edmund and his 4 Dwarf Siege attack Stack M [f9] 8 Gobwin Archers 56H 32A 24D.
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Sun May 29, 2011 3:08 am

2 Gobwin Archers cwoaked and one takes 5 hits.

COMBAT!
Battle is joined in hex: F9
TIME OF POST (in minutes and seconds): 454
Attacker:
Total Attack Value: 44
Total Defence of Top 8 Units: 16
Level of Highest Commander: 4
Random Percentage: 70%

Hits Inflicted on Defender: 19

Defender:
Total Attack Value: 0
Total Defence of Top 8 Units: 24
Random Percentage: 70%

Hits Inflicted on Attacker: -12
Twoy

Postby Twoy » Sun May 29, 2011 3:37 am

I have 245 cwoak points (not counting the 132 I picked up during this turn's combat).
Pop 7 Centaur: 7x35=245.

Move 2 Centaur to g9 to replace combat losses from this turn and leave 5 centaur to help with the defense of GB.

Jadis returns to G9 with her 4 surviving Centaur.

Restack the three centaurs stacks at G9 into one stack under Jadis.

High King Peter rebuilds the walls of Fort Centaur to 16 points.

Restack the 2 Dwarf Siege stacks into one stack under King Edmund.

Current Nawnian Forces:
Nawnia
Stack H [g9]
8 Centaurs 120H 96A 24D
Queen Jadis the Cwoakamancer (Rockin' Out) Lvl 6.4
Scout 2

Stack F [g9]
8 Dwarf Siege 120H 88A 32D
King Edmund Lvl 4.1

Stack P [g9]
8 Beaver Pikers 48H 40A 8D
High King Peter (Dirtamancy) Lvl 3.1

Stack R [G6]
5 Centaurs 75H 60A 15D

Stack Q [i5]
1 Dwarf Siege 15H 11A 4D

Fort Centaur [g9] has 16 point walls.
Twoy

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sun May 29, 2011 4:42 am

Hmm, D8 is not a bad idea.

But still, what level is Gwegow? Hmm, I think we saw him a few turns ago too, maybe there I can see the level. Let's go look.

EDIT: nope, still level-less the first time we saw him. Then let's go read a certain fic for clues.

EDITx2: bawwww, I feel sowwy for having to cwoak Gwegow. But Wivingston wouldn't, as he didn't read the RtGB journal.

Anyway, from said journal I gleaned the info that Gwegow was an L2, once. So presumably he's L2 at least now.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Sun May 29, 2011 6:01 am

It's also possible, that because Gwegor is a ruler, he does not get a warlord combat bonus.
Twoy

Postby tigerusthegreat » Sun May 29, 2011 10:42 am

every in-comic reference we've had indicates rulers have leadership bonuses (usually quite good ones), and there's nothing in the rules that says he wouldn't.

Last Updated 4/09/2014

tigerusthegreat

Postby Twoy » Sun May 29, 2011 7:22 pm

Question: What is Gwegor the Gweats level and does he get a warlord's combat bonus?
Twoy

Postby LTDave » Mon May 30, 2011 1:57 am

Yes, sorry about the delay on that one.

Gwegor has no level for our purposes. He is a ruler, and has no impact on combat.
LTDave

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon May 30, 2011 6:16 am

I see. Ok then, here goes nothing.

Wivingston's stack attacks Gwegow the Gweat's stack. Foolamancy is not used.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon May 30, 2011 6:21 am

Good rolls for both sides.

SG gets 80% and deals 201 damage, croaking Gwegow's entire stack.

GB gets 100% and deals -11 damage. SG suffer no casualties.

Wivingston earns 1XP and 160 pop points.

SG status:

C9:
1 Steam Plane, Diwigible, 4 Steam plane, 2 Diwigibles, 2 Otto Motor, Scout Lvl 1, Lord Wivingston (Rockin' Out, Cwoakamancy, Foolamancy) Lvl 3.3
(can still use Foolamancy)

412 + 160 = 572 pop points available. 412 of these were available at the turn start.

Todo-

a) decide which is better, a +20 bonus to defense or moving over water. I'm leaning towards moving over water, as that way only fliers can attack, and should they be strong enough to pierce 51 Defense, there's a fair chance they'll mostly be turned into fat cash as well.

b) decide what to pop (out of the 412 points available at turn start) for GB defense. I'm leaning towards 2 Diwigibles, since the walls of GB offer some protection.

These orders will be given later today.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby LTDave » Mon May 30, 2011 7:30 am

Ferrrr-Durrrp!

The Alliance turn has ended. Prematurely.

Gwegor the Gweat has cwoaked. He has no heir, so his side is ended.
According to the Erfwiki, this means that field units disband, and cities become neutral.

But for the purposes of this game, I'm going to have the cities cease to exist for narrative reasons that will become clear in Gobwin Bump IV.

The cwoaking of Gwegor represents the end of the "Return to Gobwin Bump."

I want to say thanks to all four players for the fun and joy of the last few weeks. I've enjoyed myself, and I hope you have as well.

At 16 turns, this is the longest running game on these forums, and apart from "Controversial Topic" and "The Vending Machine" the most posts and views of any thread on this subforum.

Thanks for the Game - this was really only a test of the new version of the rules, and I hope that together we have ironed out some bugs and given ideas to other GMs and rule writers (I expect all future games that use the Scouting metod from these rules to refer to them as "LT's Way").

I hope that you will all stick around for Gobwin Bump IV: A New Home, and that we have some more fun.

Cheers
LTDave

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Mon May 30, 2011 7:55 am

Indeed, it was a very good campaign, and a hearty round of cheers, buckets of confetti and freshly plucked roses for the GM, LTDave!

With Gwegow removed, the Steam Gentlemen considered the terms of their contract complete and ordered their forces to return home. A pity, Wivingston thought. The battles here were quite exhilarating, and he managed to gather several good stories out of this campaign. Why, he'd have to change a few to make them more believable! That dullard Kelwin will be green with envy when he hears of massive air battles, bombing raids and hunter-killer missions against horrible odds!

That, at least, was a consolation. For the time being, until the next campaign would commence, will have to do. He sent his farewells to the allied warlords; it was an honour, a pleasure- and he meant it. In particular, the Nawnians and Queen Jadis, he'd fight alongside her any day. He gave her Gwegow's corpse as a parting gift; it's a Croakamancer thing, other warlords wouldn't understand. Most Croakamancers wouldn't either, actually, given that the poor Gobwin was well and truly blown to bits. But Jadis mentioned something about challenging herself, and miscellaneous bits of ex-Gobwin seemed verily appropriate.

And so, with hopes of future adventure, Wivingston ordered his units home.

LTDave wrote:I expect all future games that use the Scouting metod from these rules to refer to them as "LT's Way"

Ay-ay, signore :)
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games