Reactions to The Shadow of Anvelis

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Reactions to The Shadow of Anvelis

Postby Gerwulf » Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:17 pm

yea, waiting on his return before the next major post.
Gerwulf

Postby chrono » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:26 am

I'm still at work so I'll post in a few hours when I get back home, but in a word Franklyn will shrug and leave to talk with the captain about the training. So it's more or less just RP and nothing eventful so if you feel like it you can post the new events now and I'll just put the Frank's reply in my next post.
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby MuthSera » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:26 pm

EEEK! Apoligies to the max for the message, Gerwulf! D; I hadn't read this thread.

Indeed. ^.^; I wanted to join, and I thought I'd let you know in a PM.

I was thinking of a merfolk druid girl. Nuetral good. I haven't seen character specifics yet.. but still. It's heavily roleplay oriented and so I'm a bit excited! The last Play by post thing I did was also my first.. but it was Nastaria.. and it was purely roleplay.. but I'm also experianced with D&D anyways.. but.. umm.. now I'm rambling.

I just wanna play. <:3 And if I COULD play a merfolk, it'd be a first, for me.
oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Postby MuthSera » Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:43 pm

malekith wrote:*yawn* im not to sure. i think so.
wish i could play... :S

Mal

Everything is all blown up. <:3
MuthSera

Postby MuthSera » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:22 pm

Lothmar wrote:((I take it everything is as it was, the old woman is asleep in the bed and not obviously gone, awake, etc. when forming this post))

As Drake contemplates and recomposes himself, certain thoughts continue to nag at his mind. Finally deciding to humor them he casts a cantrip and afterward focuses inward, attempting to discover if the possibility that she in fact was the originator of this particular situation is more then a meager possibility.

~Casts detect magic and focuses for a long enough period to discern schools and strengths of magic if need be on her person, if there are any. He will attempt and examine any item found in this manner and will likely put it back unless it seems to hold a particular importance or value of some sort to him.~

As Franklyne enters he finds Drake in meditation, slowly focusing on everything that has occurred in order to better commit it to memory. As he stands and dusts himself off it is apparent that he has nothing to say on the subject and at best would probably give him an uncaring grunt if he were not obviously trying to be polite on the subject.

Finally arriving up top on the deck he glances over the situation casually before approaching. "Here, or?" He asks the prince casually with a gesture of his hand as if pondering if what he has to say is best spoken in front of everyone.

~Regardless, what he has to say remains unchanged~

"I do not mean to sound rude sir, but I must finally ask 'what is our heading?' The only reason I ask this is that until recently I had assumed you had a plan, however if it lies to the east I am afraid it may be a certain end for all of us here. The vision;" He adds with a sigh as if the situation was trying. "Was handed down by a woman of striking resemblance to our special passenger below. She showed me that there was land to the east, however she also said that we would be soon set upon by those who did what they did to our own lands; If they are inhabited, are we in the right to subject other such countless lives to a similar fate and perhaps end up the same ourselves if we are not so lucky as to encounter another such passing individual as her? For I doubt she would be in any condition to do much about any such thing." He adds with a tone of irritation but soon calms himself. "Forgive my tone," He adds with a nod apologizing. "However, the suspicious part of me wonders if this is true or perhaps a great trick of some sort. The location marked with an 'x' is described as a location shielded from their scrying and only reachable by those who possess the experience of already being there," He adds holding his head for a moment. "Which, I seem to now possess after this message. The offer seemed to be an open invitation for the entire boat to take refuge, everyone in your employ, every civilian, everyone; a new start, safe from such things." He adds motioning to the sky. "And though the intelligent part of me says to accept, there is also a part of me that does not like the idea of doing nothing about a force with such ability as to reek such cataclysms at will. . . I know fighting against something so apocalyptic sounds, nigh hopeless but there is a glimmer if this message is true." He adds holding up his finger. "There is an artifact, she said that might aid in our fight. This Macguffin is called, The staff of Dragon kings. Surely it is a sign that 'I' at least must do this if not all of us; After all thier blood flows deep in my veins and gives me my strength and magic for I am no wizard, I am a sorcerer!" ((Sorry, I was really getting annoyed with everyone referring to me as a bloody wizard either IC or OOC XD)) He adds throwing his arms in the air with a 'fwap' of his sleeves for dramatic effect as if hoping to a storm to have been forming this entire time and a bolt of lightning to appear at just that moment. ". . .But drama aside. I will not ask anyone to go with me that is not willing and if this ship is destined to these lands unknown I will understand and guide you there myself; I may even stay for a time and see if there is anything they can share with us in these regards, perhaps train so as to not be squashed like some bug under a thumb." He pauses and leans in with a whisper. "Perhaps you would be so generous as to lend us the ship if we have enough people to crew it at that time, as transportation seems highly uncertain at the moment." He takes a few steps back and locks his hands in the small of his back as if waiting patiently for what he has to say. "And that, is all I have to say on these matters."

*applauds* o_o
MuthSera

Postby Lothmar » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:26 pm

Bah, It's just a pity I only had a half hour to work on it during lunch or it would have been much better. It feels a bit jumbled and dense, I really should have seperated the main part into better paragraphs.
Lothmar

Postby chrono » Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:42 pm

Franklyn is already a way too feminine name for a war priest (I think I mentioned that I often use online name generators, that explains the origin), so could the wizard please stop using Franklyne? :lol:
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:02 pm

I am still looking at the deck!
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Lothmar » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:40 pm

@ Chrono - Oye! . . Oh, wait... Yeah I see it. XD Sorry about that, when im in a rush correcting typo's I usually go for what looks the closest on the right click options list.

@ Comander - Congratulations, you see a poorly carved map. ^^ good for you. XD
Lothmar

Postby MuthSera » Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:57 pm

I want to see a poorly carved map. D:
MuthSera

Postby malekith » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:20 am

gratz to lothmar on that post! :D

also chrono i don't think it's too feminine for a war priest, i agree there may be better names, but franklyn is fine!

Mal
malekith

Postby chrono » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:14 pm

Time for "chrono's thoughts before bedtime".

I was just looking at a few things by MuthSera, but I'll come back to that.

First, I've always thought that Franklyn (with a Y) is definitely a girl's name. That said, I don't really care that it doesn't fit my character - if anything it may prove to be grounds for RP in the future. I know I can sure use a bit more...

Does anybody think we're going a bit slow? This was supposed to be a 1 post per day game (or something along these lines) so I'm all for picking up the pace a bit unless we wish to have this game linger into non-existence. This may in one way be achieved by getting another player onboard (pardon me for intruding in GM territorry here). I think this would be a fairly good idea, though of course it all depends on "the plan" and and if bigger party size would be manageable so it doesn't interfere with the planned adventures/encounters.

I know MuthSera has expressed vehement desire to play, though on the other hand I've always been a supporter of "let the best submitted character win".

I also know we're not voting, but here's my vote for picking things up a bit, especially if it means adding another player or three.

Edit: teh spellzors miss-stakes
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Lothmar » Fri Jul 10, 2009 4:34 pm

I figured the DM was either busy with IRL issues and would present us a reasonable excuse/continuance during the weekend, or he himself was waiting. Let's face it, this group feels like it's boiled down to a poker game, two players constantly pushing in alot of chips while the others cant get a good hand so they cut thier losses and wait for thier moment.

Okay maybe that wasnt a good analogy. I am glad that me and chrono got put in the same room though. I do find it hilarious that the two guys with Str buff spells are working together to pull the game along though. XD

All and all, I may just be a bit insane but it feels like there's 2-4 out of 6 of us still active/somewhat.
Lothmar

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Fri Jul 10, 2009 5:02 pm

I am still looking at the deck.

Also, Franklyn would be a sucky name for a girl to have.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby MuthSera » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:12 pm

chrono wrote:I know MuthSera has expressed vehement desire to play, though on the other hand I've always been a supporter of "let the best submitted character win".
Edit: teh spellzors miss-stakes

This is why Chrono is amazing; He can deliver a powerful backhanded compliment, whilst voting in favor of adding me to a game he's playing. It's almost like he exists as the polytheistic god of sarcasm. Actions speaking louder than words as they do, I still think he's rather cool. I'm downright generous that way.

But back on subject...!

It's not like the only thing I can play is a merfolk, or a druid, for that matter. I've never played either. I could play the ordinary or exotic without much trouble. When hard pressed for exotic amidst close friends playing humour games, I start playing kobold bards, petal scouts(Not so impossible..) and blink dog ninjas. But anywho, I don't feel extremely exotic would be a good idea in this game. <:3 only mildly exotic.

Now that I feel I understand the setting and flow a bit(A serious roleplay..), I'd make a character with intention to play it seriously, even if the character's personality it'self may vary wildly from serious to light hearted. While I don't think a merfolk would be too bizare, considering the circumstances, if the party's future includes an extended period away from water.. or perhaps, their entire future, once they reach land for the next time.. it might be unwise of me to consider playing a merfolk, but if their future does include alot of time arround water.. then the opposite maybe true.

Perhaps it is altogether wrong of me to consider character choice based on an undetermined future?
MuthSera

Postby Gerwulf » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:34 am

Things are slow right now and there are two reasons for that. first I would like for this to be heavily oriented towards the roleplaying aspect (as that is the fun of a PBP game rather than having the DM dictate everything) and so I wait for a break in the action, or a response from a character that moves things along before I just force it upon everyone. the second reason (and least excusable) is that my boss can't maintain a set scheduall so one night I'll get home at midnight and the next I'll have to be at work at 9AM: sometimes I lose track of time, is it Wednesday or Sunday on weeks like this one I honestly couldn't tell you. that being said, I have every intention of continuing this, and if you'd like to move things along faster the best way to do that is to take charge and speak. as for another character I would be open to it, but while it would speed things up durring RP sections like this one it would slow things down when the action picks up like durring battles or heated arguments with NPC's. I'll put it to a vote- do we think there should be another character and if so, how many should we add 1 or 2. voting is now offically open.

PS for characters who don't feel that they should get involved in the current conversation- feel free to start side conversations with eachother or random NPC's. its easy enough to keep track since we have nice neat posts that contain the entirety of our thoughts.
Gerwulf

Postby chrono » Sat Jul 11, 2009 6:04 am

My last (short) post IC was there on purpose - Franklyn is very interested in the conversation (as well as in replying), however for a number of reasons he would not do so until Tevin has had his say (and Drake's words are very much directed at Tevin). While I try to take each chance to RP, just this once it seems inappropriate.

It's VERY understandable when real life gets in the way. Personally I'm lucky with a very understanding boss (overtime is actually undesirable according to company policy), though I know too well what it's like to come home totally exhausted. In the next 2 weeks I'll probably be reassigned to a new project and that will have me stressed out for quite a while, but we'll have to wait and see how that turns out :)

As for voting, I'm YES for getting as many people as you can manage (so I guess this means yes for 2 people).
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby jioan » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:09 am

Well, I believe Zorbo is a more withdrawn character and won't join a conversation unless approached or if it involves him.

Also, I wouldn't mind adding another couple of characters to the game since the pace seems to be slowing down considerably.
jioan

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:12 am

I am still looking at the deck.
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby MuthSera » Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:38 am

Cmdr I. Heartly Noah wrote:I am still looking at the deck.

*bursts into hysterical laughter*
MuthSera

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games