Book 2 – Text Updates 051

Postby balder » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:28 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Text Updates 051

Postby 1Luv » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:33 pm

Awesome. Superbly done as always!

Edit: Also, woot! first post for it:D

Aha..perhaps the Titants -do- have a plan for that lonely falling tile..and perhaps for the falling Ossomer as well?
Last edited by 1Luv on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1Luv

Postby OvaltinePatrol » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:34 pm

That illustration is probably one of the best of all the text updates. Good reading too!
OvaltinePatrol

Postby Knight13 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Yay! Sylvia lives! Or....relives or whatever it is that Decrypted do.
Knight13

Postby zilfallon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:43 pm

Phew, for a second i thought

...BOOM

Headshot.

meant the end for Sylvia :D Royals should just give up...it is obvious the titans want them no longer in our- "cough" in the toolist's new world.

A very good text update indeed. Now, the people who say "text updates are irrelevant to the story itself" has another reason to stay in silence :P Also, poor Ossomer... His loyalty is VERY low now. I didn't think we would see a decrypted in tears(or was that Slately who was in tears? I couldn't get a clear meaning out of it, but considering the situation, i think it is Ossomer) I think Wanda should just destroy Ossomer if she doesn't have any way of putting his loyalty back to normal levels.
Last edited by zilfallon on Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rkyeun wrote:Roses are red.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Berserkas » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:46 pm

Ha. I am amused. This should be a pretty good/equal fight. Level 8 with powerful Knights vs lv 6 with Dwagons. Artemis will probably fail, but croak enough dwagons to heavily delay the siege and the damaging of the tower, thus letting the king carry out his plan.
Berserkas

Postby mmooneybsa » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:49 pm

Most awesome text update :)
I don't talk on forums much, because I'll be a dick ;)
mmooneybsa
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby Gator » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:50 pm

zilfallon wrote:Now, the people who say "text updates are irrelevant to the story itself" has another reason to stay in silence

I'm only an intermittent reader of this forum, but do people seriously say that?
Gator

Postby Lamech » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:51 pm

So it appears Ossomer will be saving his father. Well according to Parson they don't want the king dying anyway...
And it looks like the tower is about to go. Betting its too late to save the king now.
Lamech

Postby joosy » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:57 pm

Augh. She lives! Hasa Diga Eebowai!
Last edited by joosy on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
joosy

Postby trench8891 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:05 pm

Until now I didn't actually think Ossomer would turn, but now it certainly looks like he will. The question now becomes, what happens to him if he does? Will he dust, or have we just discovered a potential weakness in the "decrypt anything and everything" strategy?
"Always remember, your focus determines your reality."
- Qui-Gon Jinn
trench8891

Postby sleepymancer » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Well, the loyalty stat in decrypted has been apparent for a while, I think, so I don't suppose we can argue that as unexpected evidence, but its still cool to know that the 'pliers seem to decrypt to that degree. I guess its also still not quite conclusive evidence, but I think I agree with suggestions that when Slately takes a tumble it'll be the real test; and that if the Titans' will Slately to live then he'll be leaving by carpet rather than jetpack. Still, we shall see.

In other rules-lawyering: did we know before that rolls can be criticalled? I honestly can't remember, and alas don't have the time to re-read today. If that's a new detail (for other people as well as for me), then its a nice one.

Beautiful update in word and art. I can't wait for the fabled part two of it either. Nor for the intervening strip.
I tend to witter on, produce copious typos and run off on nonsensical tangents. If I've done this here, please forgive me :D
I also get a bit obstinate and argumentative. If I'm not budging or understanding your counterargument call me on my manners
sleepymancer

Postby gameboy1234 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:14 pm

Yay update!

trench8891 wrote:Until now I didn't actually think Ossomer would turn, but now it certainly looks like he will. The question now becomes, what happens to him if he does? Will he dust, or have we just discovered a potential weakness in the "decrypt anything and everything" strategy?

I think Rob is setting the stage here for Ossomer to be all depressed and not fight (too hard) when King Slately attacks. We're getting a peak inside Ossomer's psyche. I don't think he'll turn, however, just be defeated.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Ninjaguineapig » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:19 pm

trench8891 wrote:Until now I didn't actually think Ossomer would turn, but now it certainly looks like he will. The question now becomes, what happens to him if he does? Will he dust, or have we just discovered a potential weakness in the "decrypt anything and everything" strategy?

I don't think so. Regular soldiers don't really have enough of a personality to be affected by things like that, and they're what really counts. Losing a warlord they never really had won't change much, Wanda will just have to settle with Uncroaking high level enemy leaders instead of decrypting them. But the army stays.
Ninjaguineapig

Postby jbevermore » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:22 pm

Further proof that GK is indeed favored by something up there.
jbevermore

Postby zilfallon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:23 pm

Ninjaguineapig wrote:

I don't think so. Regular soldiers don't really have enough of a personality to be affected by things like that, and they're what really counts. Losing a warlord they never really had won't change much, Wanda will just have to settle with Uncroaking high level enemy leaders instead of decrypting them. But the army stays.

I think the problem with Ossomer's low loyalty is he didn't have time to...fit in. He was decrypted as he was about to defend his side against its worst enemy, and then brought with the strike force to attack his former capital in the same turn
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Postby Codex » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:27 pm

Gator wrote:
zilfallon wrote:Now, the people who say "text updates are irrelevant to the story itself" has another reason to stay in silence
I'm only an intermittent reader of this forum, but do people seriously say that?
IIRC, Word of the Titans (which I'm too lazy to go check, but I'm sure someone will) was that text updates were non-essential to the story itself. Obviously, they add serious color and background, but the tale can certainly stand for the panels-only reader, who will basically simply be unaware of the fact that a Jetstone archer-sniper warlady tried to launch an attack on Lady Sylvia and failed. End result is the same, whether that happened or not: Lady Sylvia's dwagons continue pounding the crap out of the tower.

Tinfoil hat time: if Ossomer manages to Turn back to Jetstone allegiance without dusting in the process, Jetstone is no longer without an heir. So even if Slately doesn't survive, the side does. With a Decrypted monarch! How cool is that?
Codex

Postby Bunta » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:29 pm

jbevermore wrote:Further proof that GK is indeed favored by something up there.

Yupp, by Mr. Balder! =P

Great post btw, I particularly like the change of perspective of the text updates from the regular comic, it keeps the pace very interesting, good work!
~Bunta.

If you fail to plan, you plan to fail.
Bunta
Tool + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
Tool + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby the_tick_rules » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:32 pm

Red's love of fate is still working for her. Very good text update
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby zilfallon » Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:33 pm

Codex wrote:
Gator wrote:
IIRC, Word of the Titans (which I'm too lazy to go check, but I'm sure someone will) was that text updates were non-essential to the story itself. Obviously, they add serious color and background, but the tale can certainly stand for the panels-only reader, who will basically simply be unaware of the fact that a Jetstone archer-sniper warlady tried to launch an attack on Lady Sylvia and failed. End result is the same, whether that happened or not: Lady Sylvia's dwagons continue pounding the crap out of the tower.

it doesn't change the fact that someone who only reads the panels will miss a LOT of things about the story. And I don't like calling such important information "non-essential", even if it was word of titans which said so.
Violets are blue.

zilfallon

Next

Return to Reactions