Still no books

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Still no books

Postby Viscount » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:32 pm

I'm sorry to make a public plea, but I'm not sure who I should be addressing. I ordered three books and they still have not arrived. I have sent multiple emails through the contact link on the main website and even sent a private message to Mal (who in a different thread stated he was fielding questions on this matter) and no one has gotten back to me. I'm a huge fan of the comic, but as a consumer, I'm a little frustrated by the lack of responsiveneness. The $50+ I spent on the books, which I originally ordered as a Christmas present for friends, is a significant purchase for me. I realize the printing process was a labor of love and the distribution was probably run by a group of mostly volunteers - which does a lot to mitigate my frustration, but all the same I'd like someone to get back to me regarding my order. It's frustrating to be in a position of either whining directly to the artist that you respect (which sucks) or else feeling like you're getting shafted on your purchase (which also sucks).

Anyone else in the same boat? Anyone who can help?

I live in New Jersey so the books should have arrived some time ago.
Viscount

Re: Still no books

Postby Mal » Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:50 pm

Sorry, missed the PM, I never normally get them, so I rarely check.

The books take a while to ship, but they shouldn't take that long. I'll look into it, do not worry my friend ^^
Mal, Professional Patsy! You can blame it alllll on me :D
Mal

Postby Tensor » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:00 am

Same boat. Michigan is apparently a remote location.
Tensor

Postby Muzzafar » Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:56 am

I have actually ordered from across the Atlantic.
But some ETA would help keep me patient for a while.
Muzzafar
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Muzzafar » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:09 am

Muzzafar wrote:I have actually ordered from across the Atlantic.
But some ETA would help keep me patient for a while.

I take my words back. And I am ready to eat them with a key lime pie!
This morning I have got a nice yellow pack in my mailbox with Book 1 and Book 2 Volume 1 inside! Yahoo!
Muzzafar

Postby Occasional Sage » Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:05 am

Yay! Enjoy!
Avatar courtesy of Dr. Bath of GitP!
Occasional Sage

Postby Viscount » Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:21 am

Thanks so much, I'm really looking forward to these books and would appreciate any help you could provide!
Viscount

Postby Estelindis » Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:03 pm

Well, this is reassuring. :) I live in Ireland and have yet to receive my books, so it's good news that some people are still only just getting them. I'll wait a bit longer before sending any emails.
Estelindis
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby charles » Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:56 am

AUSTRALIA reporting arrival or Erfworld Books today! :mrgreen:
charles
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Tensor » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:44 pm

Michigan - no books.
Tensor

Postby Sixty » Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:42 pm

I got Book 2 part 1 but not Book 1. It was shipping to Maryland.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby jjfreeman » Mon Jun 13, 2011 4:11 pm

Ditto on no shipment or shipment info. Been over a month and apparently Ohio is a remote location as well.

Might go down better if your account/Paypal wasn't charged on day one and you wait over a month without delivery or word on when to expect it. This was to be a gift for a birthday but that has come and gone at this point.
jjfreeman

Postby Viscount » Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Despite another email using the contact link on the website I still haven't gotten any update as to my order. I'm getting increasingly frustrated by the lack of my order, but moreover, the failure of someone with actual knowledge about my order (or the ability to either send a replacement shipment or refund my money) simply getting in touch with me directly regarding the issue. Has anyone had any luck with this? Anyone have any email addresses or other contact info I could use to try and speak with someone?
Viscount

Postby Mal » Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:44 pm

I'm not sure what to say. I lack any means to track orders, and some issues beyond my control are keeping newer ones from going out. I apologize, but there's little I personally can do but offer refunds for those who have no desire to wait any longer.
Mal

Postby Viscount » Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:15 pm

Mal - I'm content to wait on the books, I just wanted confirmation that my order hasn't been lost. Your last post to me seemed to indicate that the order should have arrived by now, which makes me think there is a problem. So I'm not sure what the next step is? I can be patient, my concern was that my issue was getting lost in the shuffle and I just wanted to be proactive (Ok, maybe I'm a little impatient!) I'm sure you and the team are working hard - I just wish I had some sense of when I should check back in or what the timetable was.

Thanks, and I continue to appreciate you efforts on my behalf!
Viscount

Postby Pyrates » Fri Jun 24, 2011 10:59 am

Sadly, I'm in the same boat. I've preordered both books, I've not yet received them, and I've not gotten any answer when I contacted the store staff (via the contact-link). Some ETA would be nice, some information if my order has been shipped already... I, too, am increasinlgy frustrated. Moreso, because I changed address in the meantime and I can't get any confirmation if changing the store profile is sufficient to get stuff sent to the new address. I don't mind waiting a bit, but I'd really want some information and someone to talk to about issues.
" ... and the Vogon will do things to you that you wish you'd never been born, or, if you're a clearer minded thinker, that the Vogon had never been born."
Pyrates

Postby Mal » Fri Jun 24, 2011 6:56 pm

Pyrates, As I said, They're held up atm. However, please pm me your order details, and I'll see what we can do.
Mal

Postby Pyrates » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:14 am

Well, I did so, but did not hear back from you. I don't know what your role is, all I can see is that you take care of the site, so I guess that's ok and you didn't get any information. Thanks for your help anyways :)

Still, no books, no information from the staff... what's going on? I'll try contacting the store staff again, but I don't really have a lot of hope. Did everybody else get their books or at least some information on them?
" ... and the Vogon will do things to you that you wish you'd never been born, or, if you're a clearer minded thinker, that the Vogon had never been born."
Pyrates

Postby balder » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:23 am

Pyrates wrote:Well, I did so, but did not hear back from you. I don't know what your role is, all I can see is that you take care of the site, so I guess that's ok and you didn't get any information. Thanks for your help anyways :)

Still, no books, no information from the staff... what's going on? I'll try contacting the store staff again, but I don't really have a lot of hope. Did everybody else get their books or at least some information on them?

Mal is store staff and handling orders. You can PM him, use the contact form, or email him at gobwinknob@gmail.com. It's probable your order is on the way, if it has not already arrived, but to look into it, you need to provide Mal the details. Sorry for the delay in shipping.

-Rob
balder

Postby Tensor » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:29 pm

Still no book. The messages that I have received (including Rob's note just above this one) have always included two things. a) there's a delay and b) they should get here soon.

I'm getting tired of hearing a) there's a delay and b) they should get here soon TWO MONTHS after others have gotten theirs.
Tensor

Next

Return to Everything Else Erfworld