Summer Updates - 013

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Summer Updates - 013

Postby cservant » Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:25 pm

Al Frappacino? Does this mean if Al gets eaten or blood sucked, it would be a nice cold, sweet treat for the consumer?
Wait a minute...
cservant
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Dyne » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:05 pm

BarGamer wrote:Well, there's the Batman scarecrow, the Kingdom Hearts one, and the Zelda: Ocarina of Time one... Oh, and the Nightmare before Christmas. That's all the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

My kneejerk theory is to assume Batman or Kingdom Hearts scarecrows until proved otherwise. Or, you know, I could just make up more crackpot theories/epileptic trees.

You forgot Wizard of Oz. ;)

Though now that you bring it up, I realized that I automatically envisioned them as the Ocarina of Time scarecrows.
-Dyne

I can't taste key lime pie.
Dyne

Postby moose o death » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:07 pm

BarGamer wrote:Well, there's the Batman scarecrow, the Kingdom Hearts one, and the Zelda: Ocarina of Time one... Oh, and the Nightmare before Christmas. That's all the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

My kneejerk theory is to assume Batman or Kingdom Hearts scarecrows until proved otherwise. Or, you know, I could just make up more crackpot theories/epileptic trees.

you forgot the real scarecrows. used in farms to scare crows....or at least give them something to roost on while the decimate the corn
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby HandofShadows » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:38 pm

Actually there is a fairly long history of scarcrows comeing to life for one reason or another. Many times they are animated by magic. Some times by the soul of a murdered person. Of course there are several comic characters with the name as well. Some movies about killer scarecrows as well. And of course the Wizard of Oz.
HandofShadows

Postby Carlan » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:44 pm

You missed the Wizard of Oz scarecrow.

I will hold out hope for a scarecrow named Bubba that adamantly refuses any wrongdoing.
Carlan

Postby The Sandman » Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:51 pm

Don't eat the green ones, Jillian; they're not ripe yet.
The Sandman

Postby Justyn » Wed Jul 15, 2009 1:42 am

The Sandman wrote:Don't eat the green ones, Jillian; they're not ripe yet.

I don't think fish work that way...
If I am acting as a mod, you will know it.
Justyn
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby Kreistor » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:10 am

Carlan wrote:You missed the Wizard of Oz scarecrow.

I didn't. Got it on the Wiki. Noted the parallels between Parson and Dorothy. And the previous WoO reference in "There's no place like home."

:D
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby BarGamer » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:12 am

'The Wizard of Oz' Scarecrow wished for a heart, and therefore, would be too much of a cry-me-a-river-Hippiemancer to protect much of anything. The Batman Scarecrow is just badass and has the bonus of already looking like a twisted Dollmancer would think it up, and the Kingdom Hearts ones look scary enough to fit in with the TV theme.
I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.
BarGamer
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Aladar » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:31 pm

BarGamer wrote:'The Wizard of Oz' Scarecrow wished for a heart, and therefore, would be too much of a cry-me-a-river-Hippiemancer to protect much of anything. The Batman Scarecrow is just badass and has the bonus of already looking like a twisted Dollmancer would think it up, and the Kingdom Hearts ones look scary enough to fit in with the TV theme.

Actually, The Scarecrow In the Wizard of Oz Wished for a brain, and in fact, after the wizard and Dorthy left, he became Ruler of Oz for a time.

The Tin Woodsman, who sought out the Heart, ruled over the Winkie Kingdom which is where the Witch that Dorthy's house crushed had Ruled.

The Lion ruled the Forests and all the animals therein.

So, what i would picture as a scary defender unit, from The Second Wizard of Oz book, would be Jack Pumpkinhead, who can be seen in the Second Wizard of Oz movie from the late 80's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jack_Pumpkinhead

(edited to fix my own factual error)
Last edited by Aladar on Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aladar

Postby Ambug666 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:41 pm

Perhaps this should go elsewhere, but has anyone else noted the resemblance of the Magic Kingdom's geography to Oz (as long as we're talking about Oz)?
Ambug666

Postby Binty » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:26 pm

Worzel Gummidge - with a soldier head on.
Binty

Postby DevilDan » Wed Jul 15, 2009 6:42 pm

moose o death wrote:i guess the theory dollamancy is voodoo like is out then. must be the origin of cloth golems and such though.

This one had been mentioned before.
DevilDan

Postby Sonic Screwdriver » Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:30 pm

I assumed Al walked instead of flew like the others because he was too fat.
Sonic Screwdriver
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Deimos27 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:10 pm

Hey, first time posting, it's been great to follow Erfworld so far.

Have you guys noticed this?
Jillian shrugged and stood, wiped the dagger clean, and followed along.

I think this is intriguing as no blood has appeared in Erfworld at all so far and cleaning the gore from the fish would seem unnecessary...
Deimos27

Postby Benementat » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:49 pm

Deimos27 wrote:Hey, first time posting, it's been great to follow Erfworld so far.

Have you guys noticed this?
Jillian shrugged and stood, wiped the dagger clean, and followed along.

I think this is intriguing as no blood has appeared in Erfworld at all so far and cleaning the gore from the fish would seem unnecessary...

I'm thinking she just didn't want to smell like gutted fish until the start of her next turn.
Benementat

Postby BarGamer » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:34 am

Aladar wrote:(edited to fix my own factual error)

Speaking of factual errors... Geez, it's been so long since I saw the movie, I forgot who got what loot. *Hangs head in shame.*
I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.
BarGamer

Postby DunkelMentat » Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:37 am

Sonic Screwdriver wrote:I assumed Al walked instead of flew like the others because he was too fat.

Seconnnnnnnnnnnd!
DunkelMentat

Postby Lunaya » Thu Jul 16, 2009 2:55 pm

The city had a regent warlord named Al Frappacino, an enormous, tanned man in a beige toga with gold garlands. He greeted Caesar with theatrical respect.

For some reason, I can't help but wonder if Caesar is named Caesar for a reason. "Et tu Vinny?"
Lunaya

Postby Owenator » Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:14 pm

When I heard the 'fish called wanda' reference the first thing I thought was Jillian or someone else in peril in TV shouting:
"Oh no! It's Don K-k-king c-c-coming to k-k-kill me!" :D
What me worry?
Owenator

Previous

Return to Reactions