Book 2 – Page 67

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 67

Postby balder » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:11 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 67

Postby Radagast » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:21 pm

If they stack up does that automatically ally them?

Edit: Oooh, 1st for the 2nd time :)

Also. If they are allied and he drags them through the portal with him (obviously not wanting to leave them to the mercy of the thinkamancers...
Radagast

Postby Malanthyus » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:23 pm

I just hope the pages still update at least one every ten days. Awesome update and more info on the various ways parson's being pulled.
Malanthyus

Postby Hayes » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:31 pm

I totally didn't expect those guys in panel 3....
Hayes

Postby splintermute » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:39 pm

Janis could be a "get out of war free" card for everyone in Spacerock. Parson drags her through, she may be powerful enough to quiet the entire battle, Jetstone has no choice but to end their turn, and then all of GK, instead of just the casters, can just pack up and go home.
splintermute

Postby drachefly » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:44 pm

splintermute wrote:Janis could be a "get out of war free" card for everyone in Spacerock. Parson drags her through, she may be powerful enough to quiet the entire battle, Jetstone has no choice but to end their turn, and then all of GK, instead of just the casters, can just pack up and go home.

… doubtful.

There are so many ways this can go. If only he had just run for it and figured momentum would carry him through! (then I would have pushed on the first pool)
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Klivian » Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:50 pm

drachefly wrote:
splintermute wrote:Janis could be a "get out of war free" card for everyone in Spacerock. Parson drags her through, she may be powerful enough to quiet the entire battle, Jetstone has no choice but to end their turn, and then all of GK, instead of just the casters, can just pack up and go home.

… doubtful.

There are so many ways this can go. If only he had just run for it and figured momentum would carry him through! (then I would have pushed on the first pool)

Which is why it's so weird that Rob in his newspost about no more text updates for the rest of this book is strange. There is a whole heck of a lot that can happen in the next few moments, and we're less than a dozen strips from the end?

Something big is about to happen. That tower might be coming down in the very next strip. It's really the only resolution I see that can happen that fast, a revist to the end of the first book. Rocks fall, everybody dies. Slately out with the jetpack, Wanda and Jack through the portal, the rest of the GK and Jetstone forces gone.

It's also the only reasonable way to get Parson to stay to listen to the great minds, if there's no more battle to fight.
Klivian

Postby ╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛ » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:07 pm

Hayes wrote:I totally didn't expect those guys in panel 3....

Nobody expect those guys in panel 3!
3 Naughtymancers of different disciplines walk into a bar... wait, forget what I just said. A shockmancer and a croakamancer walk into a bar.
╒╦╧╬╩╦╦╛

Postby MarbitChow » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:09 pm

Klivian wrote:Which is why it's so weird that Rob in his newspost about no more text updates for the rest of this book is strange.

It's not the end of the book, it's the end of the issue. Book 2 is in (at least?) three parts. We're coming to the close of the second act.
MarbitChow

Postby DunkelMentat » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:32 pm

Oh man. What sort of thing do you imagine a predictamancer would bring to a stack? Do they have offensive or defensive capabilities? I thought they just sorta told the future.
DunkelMentat

Postby Beeskee » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:33 pm

I had the feeling something fishy was going on with the Thinkamancers' interpretation of Maggie's request. :D

I hope they let Parson through, I don't think they'd do well in the encounter otherwise.
Beeskee
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Cruiser1 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:41 pm

If Parson stacks with Marie and Janis, his odds of rushing the portal should be even higher if he orders Sizemore to stack with the three of them. Three powerful casters plus a magic item decked out Chief Warlord heavy should be able to move 10 feet, even if a knot of Thickmancers are in the way. :)
Cruiser1

Postby Jeff » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:42 pm

And i didn't really expect to see Anima from "The Lucifer and Biscuit Hammer" here (third panel, bottom right).
Anyway, this plan of stacking with Janis could cause some big problems, since it may be treated as a violation of neutrality by the other factions. Let's see what happens.
Jeff

Postby Zeku » Sat Jul 16, 2011 8:47 pm

If I was roleplaying Parson, this is the point at which I would plan the murder of all the Great Minds.

Manipulating him to fulfill their plan, not telling him the plan, then standing in his way and endangering him? The question is not who is right or who is wrong, it's the audacity of this scenario.

Of course, "plan" and "carry out" are two completely different things, and I still believe Parson has some motivation more realistic than the desire to endanger himself. If I had to guess, I'd say he wants to see the effect of leveling-up on his own body. In order to accomplish that, any short term objectives like permanently ending the interference of these casters might have to wait for a very long time.
Zeku

Postby kaylasdad99 » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:27 pm

I'm just relieved that Maggie was not in on the GMTTA's change of plans. And I hope this doesn't deplete her juice too badly.
kaylasdad99

Postby badninja » Sat Jul 16, 2011 9:30 pm

Nice good to see Parson thinking fast. the Tool may enjoy having two new powerful casters on his side. I feel that the GMTTA may have brought Charlie to Erfworld and they lost control of him and now it is repeating with Parson thus their worry. Jannis knows that this is not what hippymancy is about, but she will go along hopefully if it will serve her cause.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Radagast » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:20 pm

Cruiser1 wrote:If Parson stacks with Marie and Janis, his odds of rushing the portal should be even higher if he orders Sizemore to stack with the three of them. Three powerful casters plus a magic item decked out Chief Warlord heavy should be able to move 10 feet, even if a knot of Thickmancers are in the way. :)

He's already stacked with Sizemore actually.

Adding in the most powerful Hippiemancer and I assume Marie has to be pretty high up as a predictomancer as well...
Radagast

Postby TheTuna » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:30 pm

Ooooh, this should be interesting!

Any new 'mancer character homages that we can see? I see the TF2 Spy and the Spanish Inquisition, but I don't recall if they've made an appearance before.

Still hoping for Willow and Harry Dresden to make an appearance as 'mancers...but what would they be?
TheTuna

Postby The.Healing.Mage » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:36 pm

I call shenanigans on that "prediction."

Edit: Harry Dresden would be a Shockmancer, especially since it's a subclass of Naughtymancy. It's a shame there's no "pyromancy", since that would fit him like a glove.
The.Healing.Mage

Postby The Shadow » Sat Jul 16, 2011 10:43 pm

TheTuna wrote:Any new 'mancer' character homages that we can see? I see the TF2 Spy and the Spanish Inquisition, but I don't recall if they've made an appearance before.

The woman with the umbrella has to be Mary Poppins.
The Shadow

Next

Return to Reactions