Can't log in with Firefox

Something not look right? Please explain in detail.

Can't log in with Firefox

Postby Jinren » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:01 pm

Hi,

Strange problem when trying to use the forums: if I try to log in with Firefox (running under Windows XP), it doesn't seem to do anything. No login error message, the login screen just reloads with my name and password in the box and me not logged in.

Logging in with Internet Explorer 8 works fine and I can use the forums normally (as I am now). Logging in with Firefox on Linux also works fine, which is odd. I haven't bothered to try any other browsers yet. I have activated and deactivated addons to no noticeable effect.

It's very strange. Thought it was worth mentioning (while it's not a real problem for me personally, it could always be the symptom of something more insidious).
Jinren
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Re: Can't log in with Firefox

Postby Oberon » Sun Jul 17, 2011 10:16 pm

I'm using FF 5.0 on Windows 7 and no issues with logging in.
Try clearing your cache?
How using capslock wins arguments:
Zeroberon wrote:So we know with 100% certainty that THIS IS HOW TRI-LINKS WORK, PERIOD END OF STORY.
Oberon

Re: Can't log in with Firefox

Postby Jinren » Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:29 am

Well, now I can log in. Firefox has gone through several version changes since the original message, but I'm pretty sure it's only been fixed since the update to version 13.

Has the website been changed? If not, I guess we'll never know. But this bug is apparently now resolved in what appears to be the only place it showed up.
Jinren

Return to Bug Reports