Controversial Topic

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Controversial Topic

Postby cloudbreaker » Thu Mar 03, 2011 5:00 pm

This

This
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
User avatar
cloudbreaker
 
Posts: 450
Joined: Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:09 pm

Re: Controversial Topic

Postby king.of.cats » Sun Jul 31, 2011 12:46 am

Kreistor wrote:Long, rambling, and almost-but-not-quite interesting post about an oddly confusing possible game rule. Clearly provocative in a general manner, such that it will prompt response from someone non-specific, while seeming to be directly attacking particular individuals.


Emphatic agreement, failed attempts to make the topic interesting and relevant. Clearly a bump.

Sethram wrote:A post full of ad hominem, strawmen, and pretty much every other logical fallacy one can make.


Picking apart the fallacies1, oblivious that it's been done between 2-7 times already because only the first two pages2, then every other page, then the first post of every other page were read. Quotes the next quote as source material3

depricated wrote:Almost sincere response to original post without reading most of thread.


then proceeds to apply wiki style links4 to reinforce the previous argument.

PhoenixTalion wrote:
Ichthus wrote:Monty Python quote for no apparent reason.


Acidic comment regarding this quote's lack of relevance. Link to pertinent XKCD strip.


Bobcat related statistic indicating how many of them care about this quote.

thetobias wrote:Heavy flame for threadnecromancing.

Also: since you are a necromancer your argument is now deemed invalid.

Calling for banhammer on previous poster.


Clear poking of the bear. Goes back to previous links & replaces most of them with rick rolls before submitting.
king.of.cats
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 6
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 2:57 am

Re: Controversial Topic

Postby Ptharien's Flame » Sun Nov 20, 2011 10:29 pm

Expression of astonishment at actual bot!!!! (using incorrectly placed punctuation and questionable use of emoticons :o :D :!: )
Expression of incredulity at threads extreme recent lack of croakamancy. Utterly failed attempt to revive original topic.
Ptharien's Flame
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Thu Sep 08, 2011 8:31 am

Re: Controversial Topic

Postby Cnor » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:38 am

Expression of interest in original topic, along with a suggestion that it be moved to a new thread, as this one is currently in the next country over from the rails.

(Slight tangent: I find it an amusing coincidence that the typical bot-speak error of
cgdounesyl wrote:And when people are manufactured destitute
is actually semi-relevant to Erfworld, as units basically are manufactured.)
Cnor
 
Posts: 50
Joined: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:29 am

Re: Controversial Topic

Postby effataigus » Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:58 pm

Thread necro.
Last edited by effataigus on Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 am, edited 239044 times in total.
User avatar
effataigus
 
Posts: 944
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Controversial Topic

Postby understandslittle » Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:35 pm

Griping about thread necro
understandslittle
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:29 am

Re: Controversial Topic

Postby Werebiscuit » Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:13 am

Sad diatribe complaining about how reponses to necro threads only lead to more thread necromancy and berating both original necro poster and responder for lack of restraint.
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1129
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Re: Controversial Topic

Postby Kaed » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:42 am

Pointing out the irony of the last respondent's message while failing to realize the issue is only being compounded by doing so.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!
 
Posts: 813
Joined: Sun May 24, 2009 4:28 am

Re: Controversial Topic

Postby understandslittle » Sat Sep 28, 2013 1:29 pm

Grumbles about people complaining about him.
understandslittle
 
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Aug 12, 2013 1:29 am

Re: Controversial Topic

Postby Werebiscuit » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:37 am

Posts a vain attempt to validate his position by pointing out that the necromancy is only being compounded by more responses and that his original response needed to posted in an attempt to pre-empt further responses (which plainly was counter productive thus taking the necromancy on a whole new tangent :twisted: )
Werebiscuit
 
Posts: 1129
Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 11:45 am

Previous

Return to Your Games

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 0100010, Bahamut and 2 guests