Some of you may recall a gaming system that went by the name of "New Erf" that tried to spice up the game by adding mechanics for Titanic Involvement in addition to the aspects that we think of as "Erfworld".
Well, a few of us are trying to bring to back to life (minus the Titans part) by picking up where the others left off, and filling in the gaps of their early-alpha rules. Having ironed out a few basic kinks (namely redrafting the caster rules, and pulling together a "formula" to calculate combat) we're looking for players to test it out.
To explain the system in brief, here are a few highlights:
- Players create a side from scratch, using a "point" system to generate a list of units they can pop
- Unit "types" include those we know and love, including stabbers, pikers, and knight, as well as 4 different kinds of "Special" units that are totally unique to the side.
- Random caster generation, with an improved list of spells and room to grow.
- Terrain with different effects, and the ability to chose a favored terrain for your side.
The system of course needs some continued improvement, but I feel we have gotten the basics settled well enough to make those improvements as we go with player input. So, players should:
- Be interested in the Erfworld fantasy setting
- Have a good level of familiarity with the comic
- Be able to email/post orders a few times a day
- Be eager/willing to play within a rule-set that is still in its beta phase, and offer constructive criticism
Any takers? (and by the way, we would welcome a GM, as we have one but he would like to play instead if able)