The Problem with GB IV - New Home

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

The Problem with GB IV - New Home

Postby LTDave » Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:23 pm

Well, the deadline for the turn passed today without any orders from players.
Are we all sick of the game?
Or is this just a bad time for the northern hemisphere players?
thoughts? opinions?
LTDave

Re: The Problem with GB IV - New Home

Postby Sihoiba » Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:11 am

For me it's a busy time, and it sounds like it's the same for others as well.

Having said that I'm not a fan of these sort of games having rules surprises, the interest for me is attempting to solve the problems presented within the given framework. Not having the rules clearly defined is affecting my interest.

Edit to add: It hasn't helped you've been slow to answer questions and make corrections, if you're going to set a deadline make sure it includes enough time for you to come along and respond as required.

Also the more I think about it presenting a seemingly complete scenario and a rule system for that scenario, only to later turn around and say actually the rules presented are incomplete but I was only going to tell you if you asked, is I must say rather poor GMing. Have a game with twists is fine, just don't do so if you're only means to achieve it is to misinform your players.
Sihoiba

Postby Twoy » Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:36 pm

The game rules and setup are fine.

I just got irritated for two reasons.

1. I made a mistake and got one of the barbarian commanders killed. It was not even a tactical mistake. I just typed the wrong hex identifier for his location.

2. We did not take enough siege to hit Bugville. From where we are now it would take at least three more turns to potentially take down the walls of Bugville.

To be honest, it's just too much of a pain in the backside to deal with enemies on all sides. And most of the players are either too busy or have lost interest.

Perhaps adding the barbarians and the group kingdom was just one step too much for your "keep it simple' rule.
Twoy

Postby HerbieRai » Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:00 pm

I think the system works very well, and I believe with a little luck we could take Bugville this turn.

I think the reason the game is lagging is because of how long the game has been going. We started almost 3 months and 25 pages ago. In that amount of time peoples schedules change. I think if we restarted and allowed new recruitment it might pick up a good bit.
HerbieRai

Postby WaterMonkey314 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Yeah - this is a really bad time for me as I prep to go off to college. (Hence why TAW is on hold as well) I think recruiting new players would certainly be a good idea, though maybe with a quicker, easier type of game. Another round of Erfworld Empires might be nice.
WaterMonkey314

Return to Your Games