A New Life (PbP Game)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

A New Life (PbP Game)

Postby MuthSera » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:39 pm

If you are not one of the selected players for this game, do NOT post in this thread, please.

Raigne as Raigne.
Cmdr. I Heartly Noah as Noah.
Malekith as Kith.
Chrono as Chrono.
LadyBaahl as Lady.
Lothmar as Lothmar.

All OOC discussion must take place in PM, spoiler tags, or the reactions thread.
Posting within 24 hours is nice. any more than 48 hours(without notice) and your character will just do as romans do. (Following the group, ect.)

Without further ado.. Gentlemen, and ladies.. I welcome you to my game. Have a nice life.

It's funny. Accidents happen. They happen really suddenly, and that's an understatement.

There's no way to really state how ordinary life feels right before something life altering can occur.

Looking back on things, one might even go so far to say, that the moments before a great accident are the most ordinary you might ever have.

The accident that I am referring to happened only moments ago, to 7 mortals. 7 humans, even.

It was a "car accident", to be precise, or at least more specific. It was raining. Nobody was really at fault.

Raigne was a careful enough driver. She was going down hill along a winding mountain road on the way home from work, when her brake pedal turned "squishy". This was in fact because her master cylinder had failed. She didn't know this, at the time, nor would she ever know. Her own "car" (high-speed wagon-like construct, if you must know!) gained great speed, and slammed into the car ahead of her. This car's driver, wanting to avoid the cliff side on the right, swerved left, into the oncoming traffic lane, just in time to slam into the side of a car carrying 5 individuals, rounding the corner. They had previously been bound to visit a nearby fast food joint. These 5 people had been Noah, the driver. Lothmar, Lady, Kith, were in the back seat, and Chrono had been fortunate enough to call shotgun. They had only just met face to face for the first time. They had otherwise only spoken via a sea of shared consciousness called "the internet".

Everything happens so slowly in times like these, but irresistibly. So slowly that it almost feels like you could calmly get up and react to it, if everything would stop shaking for just a second. As all 3 of these vehicles went over the edge, they were treated to a strange view of the twilight horizon, spinning rapidly and shaking violently.. and then, there's was a moment of weightlessness that seemed to last forever. Then only coldness.

Everyone wakes up alone.
Everyone's first realizations is that they each have a headache. They are lying in snow as it continues to accumulate on them from above. Their bodies feel numb, and their minds disoriented. It feels as if they've been lying here for some time.
If one were to raise one's head and look around, there would only be trees.
No cars.
No cliff side.
No other souls.
Not even each other.
You're each alone, in the snow, in the woods.

You're wearing very notedly 'thin' clothing, as you notice that it doesn't stop the gentle breeze carrying the fridged air from biting you down to your core.

All at once, you realize that your body feels very different than you once did.

Spoiler: show
Roll your stats now and PM them to me. Anybody playing this game who is of an age in which, as a human, they'd receive mental score bonuses and physical penalties, applies the appropriate bonus to their characters, but not the physical penalties. I want only race, and I want your chosen stats. You'd better realize by now, but in case it isn't clear, this character is YOU. Do your best to roll stats that represent you. Mentally first, then physically second with what remains. You may modify them a bit to suit your plans of class choice, but don't over-do it. Remember. Just race and stats. No skills or feats. You may go so far as to describe your character in your post, too. You do not look the same. You have a new body. All characters are young, physically. EDIT: You speak ENGLISH, not COMMON. In addition to English, you speak any languages you were capable of previously.

Noah, the Warforged:
Standing at about six feet tall, Noah's body is smoothly shaped and primarily appears to be made out of plates of metal with a dull iron color. Nonmoving parts, like his chest, are formed out of single pieces, while flexible areas are composed of overlapping and interlocking smaller pieces over a brown fibrous musculature. His hands have two large but flexible fingers and a thumb, and his feet have a large toe and a short, wide plate where the other 4 toes should be. His head is smooth on top with flat sides, no nose, red glowing eyes and a jaw that hinges stiffly, showing no teeth or tongue.

Raigne, the elf.
Raigne's average height and build for a female high elf, navy blue hair slightly wavy, down to the small of her back (like mine irl, sans blue), pale blue skin, amber brown eyes.

Lady, The half elf.
1/2 elf, slightly non-standard D&D in that her ears are rather long.

Kinda short, about 5'6" and not skinny like she's thinking, she's just not used to being that short (I'm 6')
Long red hair which tickles her ass, the colour of wet blood.
Slightly pale, but not blue or anything, that was the cold.
Rather buxom
red/violet eyes
and ears which stick out beyond her head.

Sort of a cross between: Image with these ears: Image (without the smoking)

Malekith, the other elf.
he's just over average elf height. haven't got an estimate measurement even but generally on the taller side of average (in just the same way as the body is on the fit side of average)
Last edited by MuthSera on Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
oh god how did this get here
I am not good with computer
MuthSera

Re: A New Life (PbP Game)

Postby LadyBhaal » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:42 am

Ignore this, I misunderstood so much
Last edited by LadyBhaal on Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
LadyBhaal

Postby MuthSera » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:55 am

LadyBhaal wrote:*begins to adjust her internal body temperature down to minimise the impact of the cold and the wind*

Am I OK?

Is everybody else OK?

Can we find some shelter from this wind?

And what's with this headache?

yes, I can adjust my internal body temperature to minimise the impact of cold temperature, but I WILL get ill if I keep it up. What else were you expecting? How much detail do I put into one of these? I'm used to getting reactions, not just posting into the void

Despite your best efforts to shield yourself from the breeze, you feel quickly do feel ill.

You feel very tired, and very cold.

You don't know if everyone is okay, because you're alone.

There are trees nearby. You're in a small clearing. There are trees everywhere, in fact.

It maybe the cold giving you a headache. Or maybe only adding to it.
Post what you're doing. Post what you're trying to figure out. Post anything you're thinking you believe is important to role play. If you're confused because of the car accident. Role play that.
MuthSera

Postby Raigne » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:58 am

It felt cold. It was hard to decide if the cold was causing the pain in her head or if the pain was giving her chills. Raigne finally opened her eyes, and then rapidly began blinking as snowflakes filled her vision. I was in a car accident. Was it snowing? I don't think it was snowing. She tried to get up, felt a wave of nausea and then laid back down again. Concussion? What time is it? She felt around for her cell phone, and came up empty. She propped herself up on her elbows and... saw trees. A lot of trees. Bottom of the mountain. How long have I been here? Any broken bones? She tested her limbs, which didn't result in any sharp pains. It also didn't mean her bones weren't broken, just that she could be too numb to feel it. I need to get out of the snow. She moved to stand up... and stopped abruptly to stare at her body. Dreaming. Have to be. Lucid dream. Or a hypnogogic hallucination. Definitely concussion. So is it really snowing? If it is and I'm asleep, it doesn't really matter if I look for shelter right now. How surreal... what the hell do I do now?
I Am A: Neutral Good Human Ranger/Wizard (2nd/1st Level)
Str-10 Dex-12 Con-11 Int-16 Wis-15 Cha-13

>It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Raigne

Postby LadyBhaal » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:27 am

I wake up to a blinding headache, certainly not the best start, but we did crash and fall off a mountain. I gingerly open my eyes and... It's snowing. I'm in a forest, and it's snowing. What happened to the rain? To the cars, to the others? I attempt to get up to look around and, ouch :( Nothing seems broken, not that ouch, but oh, my headache :( It really didn't like moving :( My body felt strange, it's still somewhat numb, but things seem to be wrong. I gingerly try to get up again, and oh, my hand. It's, it's not mine! My hand doesn't look like that, but it's attached to, my, arm? It's an arm certainly and is attached to my shoulder... Oh, my! They certainly weren't that big before. Um, is that size even vaguely realistic? I'm definitely going to have to do those exercises now, possibly get a corset or 2. I lever myself slowly up on one elbow, marvelling that the skinny arm doesn't somehow break and I look around. Long red hair falls down over my shoulder and I'm relieved that at least that hasn't changed. Or has it? The colour seems different, deeper, richer than I could ever get it. Almost the colour of wet blood. I love how it looks against my pale skin, which is turning quite blue actually :( That's not good. I look around for the car. It's not there. There's no mountain, nothing but snow. Snow and trees. Huh? A rainy mountainous road, to a snowy forest. What's going on? I sink back into the snow and wonder what to do next. Where is everbody? How did that spell go, fireball wasn't it?
LadyBhaal

Postby chrono » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:13 am

"Holy S**T, look out!", was chrono's thought when he saw the pileup heading their way. He didn't even have time to scream it, but that was all the same since he didn't really think it would have helped. As the cars plunged off the bend another thought popped in his mind, this time unnaturally calm: "Great. I really picked the best time to be in the dead man's seat..." Then there was just pure terror and the world faded.

"No F***ING way", chrono thinks as he's slowly absorbing the realizations of his new surroundings, still flat on the ground. He didn't end up where he thought he would. He definitely wasn't in as many pieces as he thought he would be. "No way this can be an afterlife... It's too friggin' cold... ". Chrono gets up and takes a more thorough look around. He couldn't have been thrown out of the car... If he was, he must have flown way too far... in fact, it seems like he flew in another body or something. "It's cold, but I'm pretty sturdy... I always feel hot so I should last a good few hours before I freeze..." This was a thought which passed very fast on a subconscious level, yet it barely preceded the inevitable question:

"Wait, whose body is this? And what IS going on?"

@work, no time for stats... TBC
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby Lothmar » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:19 am

He had been working hard that afternoon and rain had always been a comfort for him that helped him sleep, in fact he had nearly napped through the entire occurrence. Hell he wasn't even certain if it really happened or if it was just a dream. 'Speaking of dreams, am I still dreaming?'

'Head. . .' He thought to himself laying down "Uggh, check..." He groaned from the pain swirling around his still uncertain mind. He slowly observes his own hand as he holds it in front of his face, cassually gripping his fingers as if his body was performing a reboot sequence and was sending commands to his various extremities. After a minute or two he slowly sits up if he's in no other noticeable pain. "Cant sleep, sleeping bad." He thought to himself, even if it wasnt so cold he could easily have a concussion so he had to do his best to stay awake.

~If he realizes he doesn't have shoes or socks he'll tear off the sleeves of his clothing and wrap them around his feet before continuing on~

He slowly lets his arms find solace, tucked in around his own body pulled inside his shirt for what meager comfort it provided. *Grumble-Gurgle*

". . .That's right, I skipped lunch cause I was going out to eat and had to save my cash." He sighed to himself thinking how unlucky of a start he was off to. After a minute of walking he chuckled to himself as one odd thought came to his mind. "Oli, Oli, oxenfree!?" He said listening for a moment to see if anyone responded, pausing only for a moment to gaze back at where he had just come from.
Lothmar

Postby chrono » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:01 pm

"Arrrgh... and this horrible headache", chrono thought, "that's not normal... I never have headaches. Well, except for those two times, but I know very well what THOSE were caused by."
Chrono looked down. This wasn't a thorough bewildered inspection of body parts, it was no more than a quick glance. No blood. At all. Right.
Even upon this most superficial inspection, the body seemed odd. In the last few years chrono had gained a few kilos and his current body was slim, yet it was unlike what he looked like in his lean-mean days. Definitely not younger then. At least that's settled. Chrono was never really pale in his life, though his skin had gotten a much lighter tone ever since he lived in Northern Europe for a few years. But now his hand was so white... almost corpse-like. Felt alive enough though.

He reached up toward his face, his hand pushing hair which was shoulder-length - longer than he had ever worn it. For the moment, chrono ignored the strange sensation and felt his pointy year. Yes, definitely shaped like an elven year. He tugged at the sharp end. *ouch*. Yep, it felt real.

"Well", chrono breaks the silence for the first time, with a loud and resolute voice. "There's the good news and then there's the bad news...", he says talking to himself. He gives his surroundings a quick glance. "On the one side, I'm definitely alive and I feel rather well. On the down side, I've gone completely out of my mind." This should be fun. Chrono grinned, as if trying to see how far his new face can possibly stretch.
Fine, fine... Except... this 'garment' is rather thin. Something has to be done about that, and quick.

Chrono examines his surroundings in all directions. He is looking for obvious signs of civilization - smoke, houses, roads, cut down trees - anything that isn't natural. Failing that, he looks around for mountains, hills or anything in walking distance that can provide cover. Lastly he examines in minute detail the place where he lay when he woke up (and a few meters away in all directions).
I Am A: True Neutral Human Sorcerer (4th Level)
Strength-13
Dexterity-11
Constitution-17
Intelligence-16
Wisdom-12
Charisma-14
chrono

Postby LadyBhaal » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:41 pm

After a bit her headache subsided, and when she felt more confident in this new body, she thought that she might try standing. Lying here in the snow wasn't going to help really, and her hair was frozen :( Gingerly standing to her feet she brushed the snow off her and looked around. Just what was going on here? I mean, yes, the body seems to be an improvement, a bit skinny though, and my ears are unnaturally cold. What's with all this snow? And this clothing? Not even a cute goth/punk outfit? She sighed and covered her ears in her hands to keep them warm. But, what? Her ears were wrong, the shape was wrong, and they went on far too long! Fine! she muttered to herself and shoved her hands into her armpits to keep them warm, moving over to the lee of a tree hoping to shelter from the wind. what the fsck is going on here? Thinking for a moment, she tilts her head up and screams 'Coooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!' as a loud as she can, holding if for as long as she can. Ok, that's another change, when was the last time my voice was that high pitched? Taking another breath she screams 'samui!' and huddles down, trying to minimise surface area and make the tree the best wind block as possible.
LadyBhaal

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:02 pm

Noah awoke in the snow.

Deep in the snow, he realized with panic, and his mouth was covered in it.

Digging his arms through the powder until they found purchase, he forced himself up out of the cold, choking ice and breathed in.

Except he didn't. No air rushed into his lungs.

Oh my God. I'm choking to death!

Noah let out a scream - or tried to - and all he heard was a metallic bark.

"What the hell was that?" a strange voice echoed from below his throat.

It was about this time that Noah began to realize that he wasn't dying - that he wasn't even cold. He knew it was cold, like he would have known if he had seen it out the window, but he didn't feel it. As the memories of the crash came hurtling back - the car careening towards him, the window shattering in his face, struggling against the wheel as the brakes locked up, his eyes filled with blood, and then the drop - that sickening feeling in his stomach, like a roller coaster but with no track - Noah grasped about, literally and figuratively, for some semblance of reality. Snow, but not cold. No breathing, his voice not working, his insides all twisted and wrong - the snow was all white, no blood - Noah checked himself for injury, the thought that he was somehow outside the car had not yet reached him -

He had two fingers. And they were metal, just like his chest, his legs...

I've been reincarnated... but then why can I remember...? No. They put my brain in a robot body. This must be the future - but what am I doing out here, in the forest? And where is everyone?

Unsure what to do, or even if he shoud do anything, unsure of who or what he was, Noah felt a drive to do something, and picked a random direction and began walking.
Last edited by Cmdr I. Heartly Noah on Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby malekith » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:15 pm

Kith was really enjoying the ride with his "new found" friends. His first solo trip to America had been a very interesting one and he had met up with a lot of his online friends. his last stop before the flight home was the Erf gathering which included a nice meal out and a D&D session somewhere, sometime after.
The car journey was going swell and Kith could feel his stomach rumbling as he stared out of the window at passing traffic and made the odd remark into the convosation. Face to face convosation wasn't his forte but he'd make a good attempt at it and most people in the car with him seemed to be keeping up with his intelligence too, which always helped.
He just wished there was something more he could apply his mind to.

Some people should be careful what they wish for...

--------------

Kith woke up with a gigantic headache and stood up slowly. He never could do with giving in to illness but it was so bad that he conceeded to his body that he'd find out what was going on before he led down to rest.
"Jeeesus" he murmered under his breath, then apologised in his head whilst looking to the heavans.
At which point a few thoughts suddenly and instantaneously occured to him:
I could be in heavan right now, but I don't think God would have allowed me to say that in heavan so maybe not...

It's snowing...

I'm cold...

Which meant one of a few things, either he was dreaming, in a coma or hell really had (or had always been) frozen over.
He pinched himself. It seemed like the sensible thing to do. It hurt. Which made his head spin more, from both pain and the realisation that his faith may not have been strong enough to keep him out of hell (as the other two options above are generally assumed not to hurt you physically).
Kith reached for the cross he hung round his neck at all times and found it still there. He clutched it tightly in his hand finding comfort in it and also a chilling thought that he must not be in hell and this could indeed be a real situation he faced himself with.
Despite the logic behind such reasoning he decided the wisest thing in this situation was definitely to assume this was all a mental state of conciousness rather than a real one. Since he did just drop to either his immediate or at least inevitable death, didn't he? He tried to remember why he was falling or why this situation seemed all so familiar - like a story he'd been told or somesuch - but all his memory would permit was the vision of plummeting with a group of friends whom he'd just met for the first time.
He had a sudden fear for his family and what they would think, but it quickly passed with a rumble from Kith's stomach and the urge to survive against this dreadful cold. He needed to know what was going on.

Kith looked down and reached for his tattered cloak to pull round his average frame, only to see a rather more shapely hand move. And he didn't remember wearing this cloak. Or his current apparel and pack. In fact the only thing familiar was the cross around his neck - a sign of his ever questionable faith.
He was sure this wasn't his body. The build was far closer to average than he remembered of his torso and more precisely his stomach. And the skin was paler than the last vision he had of himself by a few shades, no, a few tones it was more a different colour than a different level of colour.
He looked around then and saw trees. Lots of trees. He stood in a clearing but could hear well into the trees with the minutest detail. God, he'd been practising and wishing feverently for years to make his old ears be that fine tuned! Then as more memories came back, a thought occured and he touched his ears. He smiled.
In the distance Kith could hear a voice. "Oli, Oli, oxenfree!?" it called. But faintly. And then another from the opposite direction, "Coooooeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! SAMUI!" almost as faint.
Were those his friends? the voices sounded lost too, but they were almost definitely different to those he remembered. He tried his own, chanting the first thing that he could remember:
"EEENGAAALA-AND! EEENGAAALA-AND! ENGALAND, ENGALAND NA! NA!"
interesting... He thought. But still better than those louts I heard a minute ago, hah!
Then he snapped back to his right mind Woooaaahh! did I just sound arrogant there! And one of those voices was a girl, wonder what she looks like...
As he was stepping out to go see the woman first the wind blew his hair into his face.
Silver, now that's new. This new body thing ain't like Life on Mars or Ashes to Ashes at all. Wow! I'm remembering things! I wonder if I can convince her to share body heat with me?...
And with that he started stalking into the forest. His headache forgotten with the intense concentration of a man, well, elf trying to survive.
malekith

Postby MuthSera » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:58 pm

Raigne is coping okay with the cold, so far.
Lady, Kith, Chrono and Lothmar feel fatigued from the cold, and weakened.
Noah is not bothered by the cold.

Everyone hears the sounds of Lady, Kith, and Lothmar shouting in the forest. Everyone is capable of moving towards any other of the voices and making it to anyone else in about 1 minute or so of travel. 30 seconds if you run.
If you run, you will suffer windchill, and immediate damage without a save.(Unless you're Noah.) not suggested.

The forest rang with the sounds of sudden shouting. The breeze gently rocked the trees and clumps of snow fell to the ground with plops and spluds. The intense cold felt as if it was carrying one's life away with it. As Noah began walking,

In the direction rolled to be 'away' from the other voices, and towards Chrono.

He saw a small hooded boy in the snow, walking towards him, wearing a full fur coat. It was definitely human. The boy carried with him a heavy load of what appears to be blankets or coats, and upon seeing Noah, went ridged and stared at him, as if trying to read him via body language. "Kwel con cor dest?" The boy asked him, experimentally, biting his lip anxiously.. and turning his head towards the sound of the shouts in the forest.. he began to move towards their shouts, without further addressing Noah.

The boy moved directly in the direction of Lady's voice, "marka dest... marka dest una con cor adora." And signalled sadly for Noah to follow.. and even seemed to let it show that his burden was heavy, so that Noah might offer to help.
MuthSera

Postby Raigne » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:19 pm

As she sat in the snow contemplating if various methods of waking herself from a hypnagogic hallucination would work if she were unconcious (well... then it really wouldn't be a hypnagogic hallucination, would it? Those only happen on the verge of... no... focus, Raigne. Stay focused.), she heard three different voices from three different directions. Two sounded like they could be coming from people who spoke English. She decided to head in the direction of the first speaker. Because wandering around in the woods, alone, is such an intelligent thing to do. Not that it matters if I'm dreaming. I need to find a book. Text always changes when you look at a book in a dream... As she moved, she cupped her hands to her mouth and shouted, "Hey, Oxenfree, don't move! I'm coming toward you! Are you okay?"
I Am A: Neutral Good Human Ranger/Wizard (2nd/1st Level)
Str-10 Dex-12 Con-11 Int-16 Wis-15 Cha-13

>It is pitch black. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.
Raigne

Postby LadyBhaal » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:32 pm

Lady's ears perk up as she hears what sounds to be a pommy bastard going on about the mother country. She's very tempted to respond with 'ozzie ozzie ozzie, oy! oy! oy!' but that was never a particularly intelligent chant to begin with. Instead she let out another cooeee and then yells 'oy! pommy bastard! I'm moving towards you, keep talking so I can find you' She begins moving, going from tree to tree, trying to shelter from the wind as much as she can, yelling some useless prattle now and then and listening for the pommy bastard's reply. I need a mirror, what the fsck do I look like now? I'm sure my ears are unnatural. What am I going on about? I need WARMTH!
LadyBhaal

Postby malekith » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:41 pm

Kith took the short journey steady.
There were many reasons for this. The two main ones being the fact he was ever so weary and found his eyes drooping too much. The second one was because he was concentrating on trying to be stealthy. Both out of fear/self preservation and out of interest. He was trying out his new body. Whether real or imagined he needed to know what he had to work with.
He had a sudden thought that being pale and having good hearing didn't always mean he was stuck in an elfen body, despite the ears, so he checked his teeth but they were all of uniform size and sharpness. He was fairly sure he was now an elf.
The distance to the next clearing was a lot shorter than he imagined which meant that distances seemed warped right now though there were many reasons for that.
As he neared the tree line he heard her voice again closer this time: "oy! pommy bastard! I'm moving towards you, keep talking so I can find you"
To which he replied: "Well, at least we can still beat you at cricket!" to which he smiled at both the fact that he could remember such patriotic jokes and that they were using them at such a time.
when he enters the clearing he'll do a spot/search check to see if he sees her moving away. If he does he follows her then says the next if not then just the next bit as if to no-one in particular still

Kith half staggered, half swaggered into the clearing and addressed her in a playful tone,
"My, what's a pretty young thing like you doing out here? I must say it's dreadfully cold I'm sure we could both benefit from sharing resources."
But the strain was too much for him. Trying to stay alert was pushing him to the limit in these conditions and the headache seared back through his skull. Kith dropped to his knees in agony and his hand flew to his face, covering a grimace.
He still hears her prattling on and lets out a gasp to try and get her attention back to the clearing.
malekith

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Tue Jul 21, 2009 9:54 pm

Noah saw the boy overflowing with furs just as he heard the shouts. He couldn't make out the shouts, but they sounded human... unlike him. There were other people out here... obviously, if this boy was any indication. Noah's mind didn't seem quite up to speed yet. Case in point, the boy seemed frightened of him - why not? And he had done nothing to mollify him.

The boy spoke before he did. "Kwel con cor dest?" What the hell language was that? Not Spanish. Not German. Not Italian, French, Russian, or any other European language he'd heard. Not Asian. It sounded made-up. Or half-real. Like that play he was in. Unamunda, that was the language. Gibberish. The kid had begun to move again while he stood dumbly. "Marka dest, marka dest una con cor adora." Some of the words matched Spanish, but it was too clippy, and the rest of the words didn't follow.

Kwel con cor dest - Marka dest... dest - me? with? "Con cor" might be "come with..." "Come with me? Something me, something me, something come with something? Maybe "follow me, follow me, to come with you?" The people who came with him?

Then again, maybe it was, "Where are you going?" "This way, this way are you... friends?" If... adora is friends... people you adore? Dest might be destination?

These were the thoughts in Noah's head as he turned around and trudged after the boy, quickly overtaking him and taking the load of clothes from the boy.

"Marka Dest," he half-mumbled, trying out his new voice, "Cor?" he tried to say questioningly, while pointing at the boy, then, "Con cor?" pointing in the direction the boy was going.
Last edited by Cmdr I. Heartly Noah on Wed Jul 22, 2009 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby LadyBhaal » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:03 pm

'Yeah, well at least our troops have sufficient airlift capability!' kinda she thought. Why am I saying that? It's just so cold! Lady headed towards the clearing she thought the voice was coming from. It was getting hard, the cold was sapping her strength, her ability to think. She entered to see a man say something typically male, who then collapsed to his knees. She staggered over to him. 'You can't do this! You're my meat shield!' She stopped, noticing his ears, his slightly strange face 'What the fsck are you?!' She shrugged 'Whatever, you're warm' She nestles into him, using his body for warmth and as a wind break 'You better not get any funny ideas mate' At least he's warm, and a better windbreak than those trees were. What's with his ears though? What's with mine? Bhaal I hope someone finds us soon.
LadyBhaal

Postby malekith » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:24 pm

Kith heard her come over, but after that the pain caused his focus to shift inside himself for a moment.
The female elf came over an huddled close to him. Which made him smile, but this time sincerely as the colds drained any humour from him. His focus came back and the headache subsided again to a dull throb more than it had been before but not quite so bad as i had just been. At least now he could enjoy the company and speculate about what they could do besides share warmth.
Was the snow gonna break? were there any others around? Should he sleep?
That was a silly question. He must be concussed. Elves get concussed, don't they? His head started hurting again and so he decided to just think about what was happening over why it was or what would come of it. Kith was nothing if not pragmatic.
He heard the other elf mutter something about Bhaal and it triggered something in his memory. A god. Not THE God but, A god. From a game he used to play... ...Dungeons and Dragons! yes! that was it! No, wait there was more. Something about one of his friends from the event. Kith concentrated hard. but nothing came. He speculated that the female next to him could possibly have been one of them, if he changed, y didn't they? But the thoughts made the headache flare up again.
So he resigned to just lie there and share warmth until he could think again. It didn't sound much like a plan but it was the only thing he could think of. Plus Kith was a gentleman, or was, and would not leave this girl to fend for herself. He would quite happily be a windbreak and protector for now. Despite his low stamina. Kith settled in the snow and became alert to what was around him the best he could. If only to keep himself awake, but he was being a guardian was what he told himself.
malekith

Postby LadyBhaal » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:37 pm

Lady looked up at this new meat shield of hers. His ears were pointy too, though far shorter than hers. She shivered, but he lessened the cold a bit, and she was glad of that. "Say, um, you don't remember a car crash at all do you?" she inquired tentatively. There were 5 in the car, if this is one, where are the others? She huddled into him, desperately trying to avoid the cold, really hoping he answered, she needed to stay awake.
LadyBhaal

Postby Lothmar » Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:38 pm

"Marc~ooo." He tried to call out, his voice obviously cracking as his hand reached up from around his chest. "Ack.. What the hell?" He said noting his pich wash now steadily resounding at a very annoying pitch that made him sound like a midget who'd sucked on helium. As he slowly walked giving the voices coming towards him a chance to see him, he soon realized things were more off then usual... His fingernails as they dragged across his skin felt sharper, his skin tone was darker and his skin and hair felt dirty but he was kind of used to that seeing as he was taking a year off to travel.

"Marcooo!?" He called again waiting for a 'polo' and though he was used to be short at five ten, he suddenly realized that these tree's weren't actually as big as he thought they were when he actually had something to compare it to. Stumbling forward he noticed the two casually huddled for warmth. "By the Hairy balls of the lord of hell himself! What happened to, just wait there i'll find you!? Sheesh." He grumbled walking around a snowy bush.

"Wait, timeout!" He yelled making a T with his hands having actively observed them for the first time at this moment. "If I accidentally stumbled from my crash site onto a national park in the middle of a larp session, please tell me now; One im friggen lost. Two, I wouldnt mind playing as an NPC if you guys have better costumes~" He added having no idea how odd his appearance as a goblin would probably be, but decided not to continue the question of clothing when he noticed they were in no better shape. "NEeeeeh!" He adds in an irritated tone coughing to his side.

He noticed his ears had picked up a bit and through the wind he thought he may have heard another set of voices; If available he'll pick up a stick as a makeshift weapon of sorts, still unsure of the people around him. After finishing his cough he slowly wanders over (If he found a stick, partially using it as a walking aid) if he gets the instinct impression they aren't going to brain him, if not he'll keep a good ten feet.

(By request)
Appearance: 3'3" tall, Thin but slightly plump build. Sun scortched skin (not tan but not burned), dirty and matted black short hair (but not greasy), Brown eyes. Also, view Monster manual entry for 'Goblin' and cross reference that with a Halfling with my basic descriptor there and you'll get a feel for him.
Last edited by Lothmar on Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:32 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Lothmar

Next

Return to Your Games