Book 2 – Page 72

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Book 2 – Page 72

Postby balder » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:01 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 72

Postby oslecamo2_temp » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:07 am

Woot finally plot advancing! Tower crumbling, Stanley demands satsifaction, and Slatley looks quite ready for his last stand!
Last edited by oslecamo2_temp on Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly oslecamo2, unable to acess old acount.
oslecamo2_temp

Postby korbenm » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:08 am

Great update. So much is happening all at once. :D
korbenm

Postby Sixty » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:08 am

Seems like everything is coming to a head. Page 73 should be awesome

Also is that Slately as an alien from Mars Attacks?

Also sad boosh at just barely missing a first reply.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Raza » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:23 am

I'm still coughing from Mars Attack Action Slately. 'Took me two glances to catch that. This doth not bode well for anything he aims that sceptre at.

Looks like shit is about to happen again.
Raza

Postby Radagast » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:26 am

This will seem like an awesome update on the re-read I know for sure. Still can't wait for some actual action though :)
Radagast

Postby Roketter » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:26 am

Yay!

Amazing update! Bring it down!

Mars Attacks for the lols.
Roketter

Postby Morthe » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:29 am

is it a bad thing that Jack pokes his head through the portal that will be turned off any second now when the tower falls?
Morthe
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby shamelessmerc » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:30 am

Oh Slately, you swine. That line qualifies you for absolutely no mercy whatsoever!

"If you knew honour, you would turn back to me right now!" <paraphrase>

Slately still can't see past the end of his own nose; his recent "moment of clarity" has done nothing more than change his direction of gaze. If he knew anything about either his son OR what it is like to have honour, he would never have said such a vile thing.
shamelessmerc

Postby goodmorning » Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:50 am

Oh no! Jack get out of the portal RIGHT NOW! I do not want to see Jack cut in half.

Yes, Mars Attacks Slately is hilarious. Well done.

And oh my goodness, everyone is about to get into so much trouble.

Sylvia's line was pretty good too. "You call yourselves siege?"

Good to see a really exciting update at last!
goodmorning
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby mortissimus » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:05 am

And so the plots come together at last - will Jack loose his head, Slately croak, Ossomer turn, Parson get recalled, predictomancers battle thinkamancers or Sophia's dragon get a cold?

Stay tuned for more updates - same erf-time, same erf-channel!
mortissimus

Postby Duric » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:21 am

Portal collapse does not necessarily need to end in decapitation. Forceful ejection to either side of the portal is also an option. Jack is way to cool to become a decryptet puppet.
Duric
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby ryanroyce » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:33 am

Remember, the fall of Jenga Tower only collapses the portal if it manages to kill Slately... who can now fly. Jack is safe for a while yet (from portal decapitation at least).
ryanroyce
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:45 am

"What's going on here?" repeated five times - what's going on here?
MarbitChow

Postby kagato23 » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:50 am

No, it's as soon as the tower falls. They have the courtyard and the dungeons. So if the tower falls they have captured the entire city, and it's not the enemy's capital anymore.
Portal X Parson OTP!
kagato23
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby CNagy » Fri Sep 16, 2011 7:55 am

The portal only vanishes when the city is no longer a capital, and the city remains a capital as long as Slately is still there and alive to defend it. So not only is Jack safe, but there is time yet for the kerfuffle in the Magic Kingdom to go down, and time yet for Parson to make it through the portal. If they managed to kill Slately, the side would end and everyone would be a barbarian (thus, no capital and no portal). If you'll remember, Gobwin Knob kept its portal even after being completely destroyed at the end of book one, and it did so because it was still a capital city even if it didn't have two stones resting atop one another.

Edit: Reread the conversation on page 70. They can take the city, but they are working on the assumption that Slately will die in a tower collapse. Since Slately has to take action to declare a new capital city, and since I doubt a side can just not have a capital city, I still think the portal it tied to Jetstone still being a side an the city still being the capital so long as Slately draws breath and is in the hex.
Last edited by CNagy on Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
CNagy

Postby Deuce » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:00 am

Raza wrote:I'm still coughing from Mars Attack Action Slately. 'Took me two glances to catch that. This doth not bode well for anything he aims that sceptre at.

Looks like shit is about to happen again.

I think we may well get a look at Ossomer's skeleton very soon. Bonus points if Slatley shouts "ack ACK ack" while doing it - or if the cloak allows him to absorb a blast from an Archon and talk in a "helium voice".

Come to think of it, our Archon "Friends" probably are less the healthy runner, and more of a Chekhov's Gun.

Hope Slately can be de-powered/croaked by an awesome yodel.
Deuce

Postby Deuce » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:06 am

CNagy wrote:The portal only vanishes when the city is no longer a capital, and the city remains a capital as long as Slately is still there and alive to defend it. So not only is Jack safe, but there is time yet for the kerfuffle in the Magic Kingdom to go down, and time yet for Parson to make it through the portal. It's not Gobwin Knob's turn, so they can't claim the city, and there are still enemies in the battle space. If they managed to kill Slately, the side would end and everyone would be a barbarian (thus, no capital and no portal). If you'll remember, Gobwin Knob kept its portal even after being completely destroyed at the end of book one, and it did so because it was still a capital city even if it didn't have two stones resting atop one another.

So, Jack could leap through the portal and join the coming fray in the MK, leaving (after the second blast) Wanda and her Deadite minions sitting on a perfectly good capital site, with Jack, Parson, Sizemore & Friends in the MK with a tunnel that leads back to GK. A quick distraction from Jack (who's very good at such things, and the whole gang has time to race down the tunnel, jump through the portal and leave GK with a massive advantage in casters.
Deuce

Postby korbenm » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:07 am

Jack is safe that is probably foolamancy.
korbenm

Postby Pyrates » Fri Sep 16, 2011 8:22 am

CNagy wrote:The portal only vanishes when the city is no longer a capital, and the city remains a capital as long as Slately is still there and alive to defend it. So not only is Jack safe, but there is time yet for the kerfuffle in the Magic Kingdom to go down, and time yet for Parson to make it through the portal. If they managed to kill Slately, the side would end and everyone would be a barbarian (thus, no capital and no portal). If you'll remember, Gobwin Knob kept its portal even after being completely destroyed at the end of book one, and it did so because it was still a capital city even if it didn't have two stones resting atop one another.

Edit: Reread the conversation on page 70. They can take the city, but they are working on the assumption that Slately will die in a tower collapse. Since Slately has to take action to declare a new capital city, and since I doubt a side can just not have a capital city, I still think the portal it tied to Jetstone still being a side an the city still being the capital so long as Slately draws breath and is in the hex.

This is such a fun turn of events that by saving slately they're possibly enabling parson to appear on scene :)

(e) Actually, maybe slately can change capitals really fast, not sure what that would help him, but parson't face (and his following comment) after leaving the portal would sure be worthwile :D
" ... and the Vogon will do things to you that you wish you'd never been born, or, if you're a clearer minded thinker, that the Vogon had never been born."
Pyrates

Next

Return to Reactions