Book 2 – Page 73

Postby balder » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:26 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Book 2 – Page 73

Postby VoiceOfUnreason » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:30 pm

Jack is awesome. That is all.

"I wanted it to go smooth. Why don't it ever go smooth?"
Last edited by VoiceOfUnreason on Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VoiceOfUnreason

Postby Kalak » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:32 pm

Hahah, looks like what everyone (some people, anyway) thought would happen, happened, but it didn't turn out that bad. :D
Kalak

Postby Vorteks » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:34 pm

That was awesome. Scared me too!

I was like "Nooooooooooooooo" (just imagine Darth Vader saying that).

But then I was like "phew!".
Vorteks
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby alexanderdsoso » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:39 pm

Umm... Did ossomer just turn back to jetsone, and is leading his troops against the Tool's?
Free Serialized Web Fiction, and a free host for YOUR written fiction!
http://www.DreamFantastic.com
alexanderdsoso

Postby Akkristor » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:44 pm

alexanderdsoso wrote:Umm... Did ossomer just turn back to jetsone, and is leading his troops against the Tool's?

Umm...his armor switched colors, so either it's a coloring error...or Wanda's universally loyal decrypted troops aren't so loyal.

Looks like Decrypted can turn back.
Akkristor

Postby drachefly » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:44 pm

HAHAHAHAHA.

And wow, turnips all the way!

Anyway, the first line of dialog is (probably?) misattributed.
drachefly
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Elruth » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:46 pm

Hi all, long time lurker, first time posting.

alexanderdsoso wrote:Umm... Did ossomer just turn back to jetsone, and is leading his troops against the Tool's?

As someone just wrote, you can see the color change of the armor, but most important is that he is wearing the Jetstone emblem now, so he managed to change sides.
Elruth

Postby Marller » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:47 pm

Didn't notice at first. Ossomer must have principles of steel. :D
Marller
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Kadasbrass » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:47 pm

Hmmmm... take a good look at the last panel at the figure in the lower right...
I don't think Cubbins made it to a mount... :shock:
Kadasbrass

Postby ThatOneMoogle » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:48 pm

First post here, and I had to make an account just because this page is over and above awesome.

Jack scared ME with that head crap. For a brief second I thought that he'd actually been decapitated. Nice to see the Foolamancer used surprise to get past the Thinkamancers and back to friendly troops.

Also... Yes. Ossomer has turned back to Jetstone.

Hoe.

Lee.

Boop.

I can't even begin to figure out the connotations to that. It means that Decrypt AREN'T just slaves to Wanda's will. It means that the Arkenpliers aren't the massively powerful game-breakers that I'd always thought they were, because their effect can be negated.

Okay, that's the small "holy boop."

The BIGGER "holy boop" is what effect is this going to have on Wanda? She's been under the impression that those who follow her (and someone correct me if I'm wrong on this) do so because they are in line with the Titan's will now. And suddenly Ossomer has not only rejected her, he's gone and -- from her mind -- actually shaken off the power of the Titans themselves.

What is this going to do to Wanda, is my biggest question. She's always been the least-stable of GK's warlords, from what I've seen, and now she's just received another POWERFUL blow to... I dunno, her sense of destiny? I'm starting to fear she's going to crack, right when GK needs her the most.

Anyhoo, AWESOME update. Absolutely love Jack, and love the reveals. Really looking forward to see what happens next.
ThatOneMoogle

Postby DevilDan » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:49 pm

Psych!

Are the colored "jawa" casters teletubby or power-ranger inspired?
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Angband » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:50 pm

Vorteks wrote:That was awesome. Scared me too!

I was like "Nooooooooooooooo" (just imagine Darth Vader saying that).

You don't have to imagine it.
Angband
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby cheeseaholic » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:55 pm

Well, the tower is falling, and it appears that the portal closed. And that Jack and Wanda are in the MK.

Though with Jack around, I'm not sure.
cheeseaholic

Postby Pebot » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:55 pm

That was totally worth the wait.

Amazing Page.

edit:

Also in panel 4. The mages from Magicka . sweet!
Pebot

Postby sleepymancer » Fri Sep 30, 2011 12:59 pm

drachefly wrote:HAHAHAHAHA.

And wow, turnips all the way!

Anyway, the first line of dialog is (probably?) misattributed.

Indeedy!

My hunch on the attribution is that that is Wanda speaking to Jack from inside the Foolamancy. I may be wrong.

Pretty pictures and very lovely to look at. again. Do you think telling the theorist to shut up and be dealt with shortly was a comment on our recent forum adventure...? :oops:
I tend to witter on, produce copious typos and run off on nonsensical tangents. If I've done this here, please forgive me :D
I also get a bit obstinate and argumentative. If I'm not budging or understanding your counterargument call me on my manners
sleepymancer

Postby Squall83 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:05 pm

I'm truly happy for Ossomer. He was suffering so much from decryption, he deserves a comeback as a noble. I like him, really. So apparently there's a distance limit to decryption: The farther you go away from them, the less their loyalty to you. But I don't think Sylvia will turn because she enjoys fighting for GK, while Ossomer never did.

Interestingly Wanda still seems to be able to look through Ossomer's eyes. So what exactly is he now?
Squall83

Postby ThatOneMoogle » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:10 pm

I don't believe that Wanda can see through Ossomer's eyes, I think the second-to-last panel was more a "Poink" moment, where Wanda felt the turning of the decrypted as Ossomer rejected the arkenpliers.

Also: I think it's too soon to assume there's a distance limit on the effects of the Arkenpliers, though it is a reasonable theory given that Ossomer only turned after Wanda was removed from his hex.

Have we seen Decrypted at any point in the story without Wanda in their hex? If not, one might wonder if the decrypted need Wanda with them in order to stay loyal to their side.
ThatOneMoogle

Postby doran » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:12 pm

cheeseaholic wrote:Well, the tower is falling, and it appears that the portal closed. And that Jack and Wanda are in the MK.

Though with Jack around, I'm not sure.

Nah I don't think the portal has closed yet - that was just Jack's illusion, you can see it still intact as the blue portal in panel 10, as well as other one before that.
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran

Postby Aquillion » Fri Sep 30, 2011 1:17 pm

ThatOneMoogle wrote:Have we seen Decrypted at any point in the story without Wanda in their hex? If not, one might wonder if the decrypted need Wanda with them in order to stay loyal to their side.
Ansom, of course. Though he indicated that he believed he could change sides if he wanted to.

Also, the ground troops they left behind were mostly decrypted, I believe.

And most of the garrisons of the cities that Jillian retook.
Aquillion

Next

Return to Reactions