Erfworld Game Discussion (GM'd by Kaed)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Erfworld Game Discussion (GM'd by Kaed)

Postby Kaed » Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:59 pm

I think the time has come to give this game another crack with it's updated rules. This will be a much smaller test this time - last time I overwhelmed myself by accepting too many people at once and then having to rely on other GMs to show up, communicate well. Mostly they did, but right now I just want to get things working smoothly before I start branching out.

Thus, I am accepting no more than 3 participants for this game. Preferrably that many, too. It will be conducted on the forums this time, again. Questions about the rules are welcomed, but generally it should be assumed you already know if you enter.

One thing in regard to this game, that I'm making as an announcement right now. It's about casters.

The following disciplines are under lockdown until the comic defines them better, I don't like making stuff up. No one will recieve a caster of their discipline:

Changemancy
Weirdomancy
Date-o-Mancy
Carnymancy
Signamancy
Wierdomancy

Now, about Mathamancers. There is a lot of complaints about them. I personally don't think they are useless, but if you roll a Mathamancer and honestly think it is going to cripple your side, I will privately contact you before the popping starts and ask if you would like a reroll.

[map scrubbed]
Last edited by Kaed on Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:35 pm, edited 5 times in total.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Erfworld Game recruitment

Postby thetobias » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:37 pm

I'd love to play, the main reason I started building New Erf was that it saddened me that I couldn't join the previous Erfworld Game.
thetobias

Postby HerbieRai » Thu Oct 06, 2011 2:48 pm

I would like to join as well.

Question: Can you link the rules you are using. I know Twoy was making some revisions of his own and the ones you will be using (at least to start) may be helpful.
HerbieRai

Postby Kaed » Thu Oct 06, 2011 3:04 pm

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1151&p=26043#p26043

That is... pretty old, and I might have updated some things since then due to suggestions but... that would cover most of the bases. :)

And the two of you - post up your side information ala the format used here (but in this thread)

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1198

Glad I already have two takers. :D If no one else joins by tomorrow we can start off when you're both done with your side info.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Erfworld Game recruitment (now with MAP)

Postby Cnor » Fri Oct 07, 2011 4:22 am

I'll take a shot at it - the worst that can happen is all my units get croaked.

This would be using the most recent version of the rules, right?
Cnor

Re: Erfworld Game recruitment (now with MAP)

Postby Kaed » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:20 am

Welcome to the game! And... Sorta?

To be completely honest I'm not entirely sure of the whole changelist since I've last been around. It's likely I'll find few things that disagree with me, but stuff that is obviously made up or has no basis in the comic setting will almost certainly be removed or changed to be more faithful.

As an example, the 'Changemancy' spell list includes effects that allow you to alter terrain. This is a big no-no - after the Trimancer Link and Volcano Incident, Sizemore mentioned how amazing it was that he actually managed to alter the terrain type - like a Titan! This implies that changing terrain around willynilly is not in the purview of mortal casters. Hence I have locked Changemancy away until we know more about what it actually is supposed to do.

Another example of the top of my head is that the listed Turnamancy spellbook seems to have spells that let you speed production in exchange for Schmuckers. To me, this smacks more of Moneymancy than Turnamancy. Turnamancy has been shown to give a bonus to production time, not let you start spending money to auto-complete your unit popping.

You guys need to post up your side info now, or PM it to me if for some reason you want to be all secretive.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Erfworld Game -FULL- (now with MAP)

Postby thetobias » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:21 am

Small problem, I might be a completely blind idiot but I can't seem to find the unit creation rules anymore. Mind pointing me to them?

In doubt between using either the Axion (steampunk) or a faction based on Inistrad (gothic horror yeah :D)
thetobias

Postby Kaed » Fri Oct 07, 2011 12:19 pm

viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1151&p=26043#p26096 Uuhm this should probably help you out. I don't have the list of specials available, unfortunately, because that was consolidated by someone else, check the New Erf rule thread?

As for that other thing, do whatever you like! Could even mix them if you want.

I think I might increase the size of the map by ~30% and add an NPC side. Anyone object to this? :>
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby thetobias » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:30 pm

Erm... Do you still approve of the 1 special each rule for knight and special a/b/c units?

This stops a lot of interesting plans I had for my side :(
thetobias

Postby Kaed » Fri Oct 07, 2011 1:46 pm

Uhm... I don't think I ever said only 1 special ._. If I did, nix that.

As long as you can afford them with the points available, get whatever you like. Just remember you can boost stats too.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby thetobias » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:02 pm

I don't recall, but how many units can a single flying mount carry and can non-rider units mount mounts?

EDIT: Also woooh, special stacking away :D

EDIT2: for another question, if I chose my side as mountain based all units get mountain capability for free, right?
thetobias

Postby Kaed » Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:09 pm

Uuuhm, I suppose that depends on how you set it up the flying unit. For instance, Gwiffins support a single rider, and probably anything in the B/C class will be similar unless you do some Min/Maxing. Likely a Gwiffon of similar unit would simply have 'mount' as one of it's abilities.

By contrast, Dwagons have been shown to be able to carry at least 2 units, and Megalogwiffs can also carry at least 2 riders, along with 25 prisoners. I believe that trait was established as a special ability called 'Gummy', by the way. So, D-class will probably be bigger monstery things, and carry more people.

And Heavy units cannot mount. I think heavy was qualified as any unit that has a certain amount of HP or higher, but you'd have to check on that. Anyone else can mount, but I believe there was a melee pentalty unless the unit possesses the 'Rider' ability?
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Cnor » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:41 pm

Hmm... Didn't Lord Hamster promote a bunch of Hobgobwins on Dwagons to heavies when he was taking over Spacerock? Or am I misunderstanding that page?
Cnor

Postby Twoy » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:45 pm

I am glad you are taking on a game, Kaed. It gives me more time to work on my game.

I would really like to work with you on establishing a standard set of rules, so that we can all play the same game without getting confused. Still working on mine, but I am more than happy to modify. You and I seem to have about the same concept.
Twoy

Postby Kaed » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:16 am

I'd love to too! Though admittedly I'm a little excited and impatient to start up again right now. XD

Thus far only thetobias has submitted anything regarding side information. Come on guys, pick up the pace!

And as for Cnor, me and Twoy will be talking about what constitutes a 'Heavy', just for you. It isn't something I properly classified I guess, but Twoy might have.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby HerbieRai » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:04 pm

Lets see what I can make here. I'll have the upkeeps up later, trying to make sure I did all the points right.

Side: Necropia
Leader: Dreadlord Vlad
Favored Terrain: Plain

Stabber Class
Zombie
HP 6, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 4

Piker Class
Ghoul
HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3

Archer Class
Skeleton Archer
HP 6, Attack 6, Defense 1, Move 3, Special - Archery

Scout Class
Bat
HP 4, Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 8, Special - Fly, Special - scout range 6

Knight Class
Vampire
10 HP, Attack 8, Defense 8, Speed 5, specials - rider, limited croakamancy

Special A
Mummy
HP 6, Attack 7, Defense 3, Move 3, toxic

Special B
Nightmare
HP 6, Attack 3, Defense 3, Move 11, specials - mount, fast, fly

Special C
Banshee
HP 6, Attack 9, Defense 5, Move 3, fly, ranged

Special D
Liche
HP 15, Attack 12, Defense 12, Speed 12, limited croakamancy, frightening, fly, ranged

edit: sorry about the ethereal, I don't know where I got it from. I was going to say it was immune to normal attacks, but it the more I think about it, that would be a bit overpowered.
Last edited by HerbieRai on Sat Oct 08, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
HerbieRai

Postby Kaed » Sat Oct 08, 2011 3:47 pm

Cool, necropolis themed :) It mostly checks out, except that I have no idea what that 'etheral' special is supposed to do. Did you make it up? If so, explain it. Otherwise, tell me where you found it xD
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Sun Oct 09, 2011 3:58 am

Complex special that costs three points.

Heavy – (3) +6 Hits. Heavy units may not take the rider special and may not pass through tunnels.

Edit: I was thinking about making it +8 or even +10 since (as a complex special) it can only be added to Special C, D and Kinght-Class Infantry.
Last edited by Twoy on Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Twoy

Postby Cnor » Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:03 am

Kaed wrote:Thus far only thetobias has submitted anything regarding side information. Come on guys, pick up the pace!

Sorry about that... While I realize that it doesn't strictly apply anymore, the principle holds. I likely won't be able to finish mine for a bit, but I'm going to aim for them being done by the end of the day.

At the moment, I need to write up Pike units, Archers, and specials B, C, and D, plus any naval units I might want at some point.
Cnor

Postby Kaed » Mon Oct 10, 2011 5:43 pm

C'mon sCnor, you're holding everyone up. xD If you're having trouble with something, or have a question, ask! Otherwise, it's not hard to come up with some basic side data.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Next

Return to Your Games