Erfworld Game Discussion (GM'd by Kaed)

Your new games, homebrews, mods and ideas. Forum games go here.

Re: Erfworld Game -FULL- (now with MAP)

Postby Cnor » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:07 am

My apologies. RL stuff came up, and I ended up being away from a computer for most of the past two days. I'm working on finishing my side up now; it should be done within a few hours.

Edit:

I think this should be all I need to stat up. Let me know if I missed any units.

Side: Rahnkvesh Faelands
Leader: Venria Bonepicker
Favored Terrain: Forests

Scout (Ground)
Jackalfae
Upkeep: 30
HP 3, Attack 0, Defense 0, Move 8
Scout, Forest Capable

Furred men and women, like a mostly humanoid blend of a jackal and a person, the Jackalfae are skilled trackers, and are often used as scouts due to their ability to sniff out enemy units.

Stabber
Serpent-blooded
HP 5, Attack 3, Defense 1, Move 3
Toxin, Ranged, Forest Capable

Scaled and fanged humans, with their legs replaced by a powerful tail, Serpent-blooded are used primarily as warriors, due to their potent venom, which they deliver on weapons and through well timed bites. They prefer to fight with crossbows, but will switch to spears if pressed.

Heavy Knight
Cruelfae
Upkeep: 100
HP 10, Attack 4, Defense 4, Move 13
Heavy, Fast, Mount, Frightening, Flight, Siege, Toxin, Forest Capable

Cruelfae are strange beasts, looking like humans warped into some horrible quadrupedal form. They often have lupine or feline features, and quills like those of a porcupine, in addition to bat-like wings. They are said to take a sadistic delight in killing their foes as slowly as they can, and the expression on their ruined mockeries of faces combined with these tales renders them truly terrifying to enemy units.

Special A
Draean Fae-partner
Upkeep: 40
HP 6, Attack 3, Defense 3, Move 3
Siege, Ranged, Rider, Forest Capable

Draean Fae-partners are, quite simply, humans that have lived and fought alongside the stranger inhabitants of the Faelands.

Special B
Courtier
Upkeep: 40
HP 6, Attack 5, Defense 3, Move 3
Toxin, Rider

A noble of the Summer, Winter, Spring or Autumn Courts, usually an elf, though any sort of fae may become one. They are well trained in the detection and manufacture of poisons for reasons unrelated to fighting, but in war they do not hesitate to put these skills to good use.

Special D
Wild-warped Abomination
Upkeep: 250
HP 15, Attack 14/12, Defense 6, Move 28
Heavy, Flight, Very Fast, Breath Weapon (Sonic), Siege, Breath Weapon (Fire), Toxin, Mount
While the appearance of these twisted beasts is highly variable, all reports indicate that they all have wings, attack with blinding speed, and spew potent blasts of sound from their horrid maws, alongside rivers of flame.

Piker
Guardsman
Upkeep: 20
HP 7, Attack 3, Defense 3, Move 3
Garrison, Rider

Guardsmen are humans, elves, or Fae serving in one of the Courts, usually defending the nobles from assassins. In times of war, however, they are put to other uses, primarily defending the walls of cities.

Archer
Hawkfae
HP 5, Attack 5, Defense 0, Move 2
Garrison, Ranged, Flight, Rider

Hawkfae are mostly human, with wings growing from their backs, and raptor-like eyes.
Last edited by Cnor on Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cnor

Postby Kaed » Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:16 am

Beast people, I approve :D So we've got the tech side, the necropolis side, and the beasty side. I wonder who will win? I don't think any of you have enough in common to easily forge an alliance, but who knows!

The game will begin in a few hours, when I have all the information collected into a convienient spot for me and have written out your first turn stuff :)

Edit: For practical purposes, I'm going to limit that D-class unit to one type of breath weapon a turn. That isn't to say they all have to use the same one though. Some can be used for seige attacks, and others to burn away the enemy, but no swapping them mid-battle. Most creatures only have one breath weapon so I'm trying to keep things balanced as best I can!
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Kaed » Tue Oct 11, 2011 1:41 pm

Hold on, thetobias's unit list appears to have been deleted from that google site he linked me too. I need those again before we start.
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Cnor » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:18 pm

Works for me. That mean that each Wild-warped only applies the bonus to Attack for the breath weapon they use that turn, rather than the combined +14, right?
Cnor

Postby Kaed » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:20 pm

Yep.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Cnor » Tue Oct 11, 2011 3:50 pm

Their stats are now edited to reflect that.

Though, I have to wonder whether or not you could break that by all but one of the units in a stack choosing fire, and the final one attacking the walls with sonic, so that you got the bonus from fire on almost all of them, but were still targeting the defenses.
Cnor

Postby Kaed » Tue Oct 11, 2011 4:33 pm

Only units with Siege can target walls ;P So only the seiging unit can do so.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Cnor » Tue Oct 11, 2011 5:09 pm

That makes sense. I'm not seeing any other potential problems with it, in that case.

Also, since Heavy units can't move through tunnels, does that mean that burrowing is useless to them (which wouldn't make sense, since they would, naturally, dig the tunnel large enough to fit in (And, of course, Lord Hamster counts as a heavy, and he was able to get through the tunnel under the Magic Kingdom, so that would be the in-world example_), or simply that they can't follow a non-heavy unit with Burrowing?
Cnor

Postby Kaed » Tue Oct 11, 2011 6:17 pm

I believe burrowing is the specific exploit for a heavy to go underground, actually. If you remember, Spidews can also go undeground despite being heavy. I think there was some misunderstanding between 'burrowing' and 'using dirtamancy to tunnel', which are separate concepts.

As for Parson, I don't think he's really a 'borrowing' unit, I just think he exists outside of some unit restrictions and is thus not applicable this situation xD He qualifies as a heavy because he is overweight, not because he has extra hp or special classifications. That's my theory anyway.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Wed Oct 12, 2011 1:12 am

I've taken burrowing out of the rules. I can't remember any place in the comic that shows burrowing or mentions burrowing done by a unit other than Sizemore. The only example that "might" be burrowing is when the siege unit (Wiener Rammer) knocks down a cave wall under Gobwin Knob.
Twoy

Postby Kaed » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:24 am

I feel like kind of a poop for saying this but, on checking thetobias's profile page, it seems he has not even signed on since the 7th.

If he has not shown up by tomorrow (I think that's a fairly generous full week to show up and participate) then I'm going to drop him from the game and open his slot.

As for burrowing, I still say it should exist to allow some heavy units go into tunnels, in the manner of Spidews.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:40 pm

I am fairly certain the spiders did not have burrowing. They may have had some special ability that allowed them to travel through tunnels.

The problem I have with burrowing is that in an earlier rules set, the game was moving in the direction of submarine warfare -- basically stacks of burrowing creatures moving around completely hidden, then popping up to destroy surface targets and subsequently disappearing into the depths.

All we really need is an exception that allows some heavy creatures to move through tunnels. For example,

Complex Special:
Heavy, Sub-surface (4) +6 hits, Cannot take the ride special, Can travel through tunnels at normal move.
Twoy

Postby Kaed » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:42 pm

The actual terminology is irrelevant, so if you really don't like using the word 'burrowing' then fine, we'll go with 'sub-surface' xD
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 1:35 am

I'll take that third slot if it opens up, buit I will not be able to post a side until Saturday.
Twoy

Postby Kaed » Fri Oct 14, 2011 10:41 am

Alright then. If he is not back by the time you post side info you get the slot.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Fri Oct 14, 2011 7:30 pm

Fluff later, but I think you can imagine what it is.

Side: Oz
Leader: King Oz
Favored Terrain: Mountains
Spoiler: show
King_Oz.jpg
King Oz
King_Oz.jpg (53.06 KiB) Viewed 1953 times

Stabber Class: Winkie
HP 6, Attack 4, defense 2, Move 4
The Winkies are residents of the Winkie Country in the Land of Oz. They prefer the color yellow in their clothing and landscaping.

Piker Class: Munchkin
HP 8, Attack 3, Defense 4, Move 3
Adult Munchkins are about as tall as a well-grown child. They generally wear round hats that rise to a point, and their clothes are always blue. The popular Munchkin style is knee-breeches with silk stockings, low shoes with jeweled buckles, shirts with frilled bosoms, and vests embroidered with silk. Blue is the favorite color of the Munchkins.

Archer Class: Gillikin
HP 6, Attack 6, Defense 1, Move 3, Special - Archery
Gillikins are the people who live in the Gillikin Country, the northern quadrant of the Land of Oz. The Good Witch of the North is probably the most famous Gillikin.

Scout Class: Winged Monkey
HP 4, Attack 1, Defense 1, Move 8, Special - Fly, Special - scout range 6
Winged Monkeys (often referred to as flying monkeys) are slaves of the Golden Cap. They are, as their name implies, monkeys with immense and powerful wings, and they live in the Land of Oz.

Knight Class: Scarecrow
10 HP, Attack 8, Defense 10, Speed 5, rider, Frightening
The Scarecrow's head is a small sack with eyes, nose, mouth, and ears rudely painted on it. (His eyes are not the same size, and his ears do not match.) He wears an old, pointed blue hat with a flat brim trimmed with tinkling bells. His body is a faded blue suit of clothes stuffed with straw that sticks out at the seams. A rope is tied around his waist to keep his shape. His hands are gloves padded with cotton, and his fingers are long and limp. He wears old boots with blue tops like every other Munchkin. He has a husky voice and a pleasant personality.

Special A: Lion
HP 6, Attack 7, Defense 3, Move 3, Siege
He is nearly as big as a horse, with clear, intelligent eyes and a bushy, tawny mane. He often wears a brightly colored bow on his tail.

Special B: Tin Man
HP 6, Attack 3, Defense 8, Move 3, Builder
He is a man made entirely of tin, cleverly jointed together, although he rattles and clanks a little as he moves. He is tireless and has no need for food or drink, but he was prone to rust before he was nickel-plated.

Special C: Mechanical Horse
HP 12, Attack 5, Defense 7, Move 11, Heavy, Mount, Fast
What is there to say? It's a big machine shaped like a horse. It's good for riding.

Special D: Witch
HP 21, Attack 14, Defense 12, Speed 20, heavy, ranged, mount, fly, fast, Magic Wand (as Breath Weapon) (Witches can carry passengers on the back of their broom.)
Good and evil witches are associated with the four cardinal directions and the four separate countries of the Land of Oz.
Spoiler: show
Royal_Oz_Flag.jpg
Royal Insignia of the Kingdom of Oz
Royal_Oz_Flag.jpg (8.76 KiB) Viewed 1953 times
Last edited by Twoy on Sun Oct 16, 2011 4:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Twoy

Postby Kaed » Sat Oct 15, 2011 10:14 am

I want to give you a Patchwork Girl as a dollamancer now :X Named Scraps of course.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Twoy » Sat Oct 15, 2011 12:27 pm

Wanting is not doing. Doing you will. Want not.
Twoy

Re: Erfworld Game -FULL-

Postby Kaed » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:34 pm

The game has begun. You have all recieved your Turn 1 PMs.

This is now a Discussion Thread for the game, if you wish do use it so.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Erfworld Game Discussion (GM'd by Kaed)

Postby Twoy » Thu Oct 20, 2011 11:46 am

Twoy's Hot Air Balloon comes crashing down on top of a flat-topped mountain with a translucent green palace located directly in the center of the plateau.

"We're not in Kansas anymore, Toto. Toto? Toto!?!"

Oh, I see. Pop Toto in Emerald City.
Twoy

PreviousNext

Return to Your Games