Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 011

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 011

Postby balder » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:57 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 011

Postby Whispri » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:06 am

I don't like the sound of all those gambles, but they do have a Luckamancer I suppose.

So is stuff being deliberately left for her to find and use?
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby sleepymancer » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:09 am

That was fun. and its so nice to see Wanda being sisterly :D
Of course, the 'dot to dot' from this Wanda to the beginning of book 1 and in the flashbacks will be fun to watch too, but I'm quite enjoying this.
The final line about the proper use of a pillow did make me think of suffocation first and sleeping on second though, which might be a tad worrying :p
I tend to witter on, produce copious typos and run off on nonsensical tangents. If I've done this here, please forgive me :D
I also get a bit obstinate and argumentative. If I'm not budging or understanding your counterargument call me on my manners
sleepymancer

Postby Megaduck » Sat Nov 26, 2011 9:45 am

So, their attacking a major enemy production point. The tide of this war really seems to have changed considering that Goodmiton was on the ropes a little while ago.

I do wonder if Olive Branch knows anything about Turnamancy though. Wanda got her skills for Torture and Interrogation from somewhere after all.
Megaduck

Postby mblackadder » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:05 am

Everything is going much to well either the city is not a trap and their allies and enemies attack the Capital or it is a trap and Wanda is captured. Those are the two options I see on the table neither is pleasant.
mblackadder
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Drakonite » Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:47 am

The only thing I could think of when I saw the tree talk was:

Spoiler: show
Last edited by Drakonite on Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Drakonite

Postby Kreistor » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:21 am

Kiloton a trap? Maybe. Plankton could have been a trap, too. A good General would have made both traps, and ensured that the only correct decision was not to fight at all.

Not a lot of rules stuff here, except the suggestion that Casters can be spies.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:31 am

Plankton, eh :) ? Shouldn't that be a very very small city?

So yeah. Fate and determinism vs ... whatever else. Loved the chatter between the two. And I maintain my hope that in her anger at Fate, Wanda will uncroak Delphie and make her do undignified things like wearing even worse make up. Of course Delphie is not a spy; she's just horribly annoying in the way that she thinks that no one can be trusted to make the right decisions, but her. Fitting that it turned out her undoing.

sleepymancer wrote:The final line about the proper use of a pillow did make me think of suffocation first and sleeping on second though, which might be a tad worrying :p

Maybe you're more of the Eternal Sleep school of sleepymancy.

Drakonite wrote:The only thing I could think of when I saw the tree talk was:

{ =<( )>= }

Aaargh! Put that in a spoiler tag man, please!
Last edited by BLANDCorporatio on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby badninja » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:32 am

I wonder if that rug Wanda was snuggling up in is a form of psi-ops? IF she was fated to turn and told so could the uniform and this rung have been left on purpose so that the seeds would be planted for her to turn or accept it when it comes? Wanda still seems to want to fight fate all she can so how will she come to accept only fate in her loyalties?
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby build6 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:45 am

sleepymancer wrote:That was fun. and its so nice to see Wanda being sisterly :D

I'm reading all these updates with increasing dread as to what must eventually happen -

Tommy sounds like a good guy, and the whole side seems to be just "doing the best they can" and seem like basically decent people... yet we know from the "present day" that none of these guys made it. Poor Tommy :-(
build6

Postby Xenon » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:12 pm

blanket-as-trap is looking like a possibility, perfume as a form of hippie-mancy perhaps? if you can make the dead grateful, then victory could be assured.... i wonder if theres a pair of warlords ben and jerry about here?
Xenon

Postby Jorgath » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:29 pm

"Maybe she's a Retconjuror" made me crack up, because it sounds like the kind of thing that would be said on forums. Especially on the Order of the Stick forums. :D

Hey, maybe they're all Epileptic Twees!
"It matters not how strait the gait,
how charged with punishments the scroll,
I am the master of my fate:
I am the captain of my soul."
--William Ernest Henley, Invictus

Jorgath

Postby Kreistor » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:47 pm

Geez... get drunk and suddenly everything looks like a cursed magic item.

She's DRUNK! You can't draw any conclusions about anyone when they're drunk!
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby cloudbreaker » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:51 pm

build6 wrote:
sleepymancer wrote:That was fun. and its so nice to see Wanda being sisterly :D

I'm reading all these updates with increasing dread as to what must eventually happen -

Tommy sounds like a good guy, and the whole side seems to be just "doing the best they can" and seem like basically decent people... yet we know from the "present day" that none of these guys made it. Poor Tommy :-(

Actually, for all we know, everyone from Goodminton is still alive and doing well. All we really know is that Wanda doesn't stay with them. Still, their doom seems pretty likely, especially considering how Wanda speaks on this page.
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby joosy » Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:38 pm

So now all I can think about is the scene from the movie The Wizard of Oz where the Wicked Witch of the West is chanting "And now my beauties, something with poison in it I think; with poison in it! But attractive to the eyes and the soothing to the smell.. poppies. Poppies! Poppies will put them to sleep..."
joosy

Postby sleepymancer » Sat Nov 26, 2011 3:38 pm

BLANDCorporatio wrote:Plankton, eh :) ? Shouldn't that be a very very small city?

But still an effective krilling ground??
I tend to witter on, produce copious typos and run off on nonsensical tangents. If I've done this here, please forgive me :D
I also get a bit obstinate and argumentative. If I'm not budging or understanding your counterargument call me on my manners
sleepymancer

Postby build6 » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:00 pm

cloudbreaker wrote:Actually, for all we know, everyone from Goodminton is still alive and doing well. All we really know is that Wanda doesn't stay with them. Still, their doom seems pretty likely, especially considering how Wanda speaks on this page.

something turned Wanda from a cutesy-ish, innocent-ish, "I love my brother!" nice girl into Ms. Nothing-Gets-In-The-Way-Of-The-Pliers (not to mention all that S&M business, which, I'm gonna take a chance and say it's Not Exactly Normal. Unless I'm wrong and I'm the only one around who doesn't have any whips and leather gear in my basement (or should I say dungeon?)... *look at all of you suspiciously*).

beloved big brother getting killed because of something she did sounds like it could do it.

:-(
build6

Postby Lamech » Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:52 pm

Lamech's plan for abusing Fate for fun and for profit:

So we know Goodmitton shall be destroyed, and olive branch shall be Wanda's chief caster. No way out fate will win. But preferably it will be brought about to favor Wanda and co. Seems impossible right?
Step one: Capture Branch and a capital site.
Step Two: Spin off a side make Branch chief caster and place Wanda under her. Order everyone to disregard all of Branch's orders.
Step Three: Move Wanda's former overlord out of the garrison, sell other units to Wanda's new side. BOOM! Wanda's old side has fallen and is now barbarian. (We know sides can fall and leave barbarians behind while still fulfilling a DOOM prophecy. See FAQ and Jillian for more details.)
Step Four: Sell all units back to former king, make new side called: Resistance is futile, not even fate can stop us.

Both parts of the prophecy have been made true. GG.

P.S. My theory of how fate works for the record. The future isn't set except for a few details. This would seem to be impossible, things so often have close deciding battles, and gambles, if those are not set how would we know the outcome? Answer: fate makes it happen. (And from Wanda's birth and the "cost to be paid" part I suspect it works like Luckamancy, to some degree stealing the high numbers it needs) So fate will somehow, someway make it so Goodmitton falls. If Goodmitton's plan includes all the dictates of fate, fate won't care who wins and now Goodmitton can win. Indeed since Wanda has unfulfilled predictions on her she can effectively ignore any attack that can't capture but only croak. (Fire, arrows, ect.)
Lamech

Postby Raza » Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:53 pm

build6 wrote:
cloudbreaker wrote:Actually, for all we know, everyone from Goodminton is still alive and doing well. All we really know is that Wanda doesn't stay with them. Still, their doom seems pretty likely, especially considering how Wanda speaks on this page.

something turned Wanda from a cutesy-ish, innocent-ish, "I love my brother!" nice girl into Ms. Nothing-Gets-In-The-Way-Of-The-Pliers (not to mention all that S&M business, which, I'm gonna take a chance and say it's Not Exactly Normal. Unless I'm wrong and I'm the only one around who doesn't have any whips and leather gear in my basement (or should I say dungeon?)... *look at all of you suspiciously*).

An interest in BDSM isn't generally the result of some psychological trauma, if that's what you're getting at. It's not exactly normal, but 'normal' and 'healthy' are two very different things.
Raza

Postby Kreistor » Sat Nov 26, 2011 8:01 pm

Raza wrote:An interest in BDSM isn't generally the result of some psychological trauma, if that's what you're getting at. It's not exactly normal, but 'normal' and 'healthy' are two very different things.

Wanda does not do BDSM. She does torture to Turn and extract information. There is no Safety Word.

Kreistor

Next

Return to Reactions