Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 012

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 012

Postby balder » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:09 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 012

Postby Sixty » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:39 pm

That last line killed me. Also liked that the weapon/artifact/magic item was called a chillaxe.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby joosy » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:48 pm

Nice. Set up a juicy target and draw in your enemies forces. Then neuter them so they can't fight. All you have to do is wait for Wanda's Fellows to decay and then the tables are turned. Sweet.

and I have always considered the Beastie Boys music rather relaxing and peace inducing.
Last edited by joosy on Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
joosy

Postby The.Healing.Mage » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:48 pm

Chillaxe? Too...much...pun.
The.Healing.Mage

Postby doran » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:50 pm

The One Rule? That sounds significant.
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Kreistor » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:02 am

Can't fight, but there are other things you can do. Siege tower and crash it, for instance.Nobody can fight you to stop you. 8)

The problem is that the Fellows are going to burn a Turn. Hope they don't dust.

But I am surprised that unintelligent automatons are affected by Flower Power.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby OneHugeTuck » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:35 am

To all the people that got their panties in a bunch over the KINGWORLD spell, in the face of this seemingly all powerful combat stopper, I say, chill out.
OneHugeTuck
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby Gorky » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:36 am

"And your warlord leads the army like you're some kinda tool!"

hmmmmm....
Gorky

Postby badninja » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:40 am

So Wanda walked into a trap, how bad is her side going to get screwed? So why was it so important for her to get unloaded from her side? Is croakamancy that much of a taboo? Want to see how this will end, not because we know what will happen but how it will happen.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby DoctorJest » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:50 am

Using "tool" in the fashion the song did kinda steps out of rank of Stanley not recognizing the word as an insult. Granted, Stanley's not the brightest bulb but I think he knows the language.

Not a major point, but one that stuck out in an otherwise great update. Just seems incongruous. And yes, before anyone bothers, we can do all kinds of mental and verbal gymnastics to explain why Stanley didn't see the word as an insult when everyone else on Erfworld does... but that misses the point.

But the last stanza was brilliant!
DoctorJest

Postby DoctorJest » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:52 am

joosy wrote:and I have always considered the Beastie Boys music rather relaxing and peace inducing.

I'm pretty sure that's just you. I was in high school when Licensed to Ill came out, and believe me, it did not have that effect, generally speaking, on much of anyone.
DoctorJest

Postby singingbard » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:52 am

Kreistor wrote:But I am surprised that unintelligent automatons are affected by Flower Power.

She is a high level Florist. It could be that lower level Florists are unable to affect certain unit types (uncroaked, heavies, etc.)
singingbard
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby ftl » Tue Nov 29, 2011 12:58 am

singingbard wrote:
Kreistor wrote:But I am surprised that unintelligent automatons are affected by Flower Power.

She is a high level Florist. It could be that lower level Florists are unable to affect certain unit types (uncroaked, heavies, etc.)

On the other hand, it might be that unintelligent automatons are the *easiest* to manipulate. After all, being manipulated is all that unintelligent automatons do anyway. I'm not sure we have any evidence on which to judge whether uncroaked are easier or harder to pacify.
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Lamech » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:00 am

As someone has already pointed out, the whole city is now vunerable to destroying. Start smashing down the walls, burn the garrison, buildings are certainly not attack proof. The city has been effectivly sacrificed. Actually, they can just have some infantry rush and block the caster from getting down off the tower then down the tower. Victory!
Lamech

Postby kagato23 » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:03 am

DoctorJest wrote:Using "tool" in the fashion the song did kinda steps out of rank of Stanley not recognizing the word as an insult. Granted, Stanley's not the brightest bulb but I think he knows the language.

Not a major point, but one that stuck out in an otherwise great update. Just seems incongruous. And yes, before anyone bothers, we can do all kinds of mental and verbal gymnastics to explain why Stanley didn't see the word as an insult when everyone else on Erfworld does... but that misses the point.

Wanda seemed to know it immediately though as what it was meant to be. So either Stanley really is that dumb, or it's one of those more geographical slangs, that didn't properly reach the great western conflict with Wanda.
Portal X Parson OTP!
kagato23
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:11 am

So is there anything to stop the flower girl from casting that every turn preventing battle full stop?
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby technojunkie » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:16 am

Magnitude maybe.

Recall that during the runup to the battle for Gobwin Knob, Wanda said to sizemore 'Not even a Grand Abbie could hope to calm the coming battle.'
technojunkie
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Kreistor » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:20 am

ftl wrote:On the other hand, it might be that unintelligent automatons are the *easiest* to manipulate. After all, being manipulated is all that unintelligent automatons do anyway. I'm not sure we have any evidence on which to judge whether uncroaked are easier or harder to pacify.

Not in most systems. They don't have emotions to manipulate.

A village in Afghanistan might put out a music band in hopes of calming troops entering the village, but they won't try that against a predator drone. Oh, they might sway the mind controlling the drone, but not the drone itself.

In D&D, undead are immune to mind affecting spells, like this. And if it affected only Wanda's ability to order them to attack, she could disband, they'd become unleaded, and attack the enemy immediately, so it must be afflicting them, too.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby Megaduck » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:22 am

DoctorJest wrote:Using "tool" in the fashion the song did kinda steps out of rank of Stanley not recognizing the word as an insult. Granted, Stanley's not the brightest bulb but I think he knows the language.

It seems to me that Stanley used the word Tool in exactly the same manner that the song did. It's just that Stanley considers it on honor to be just the Tool of the Titans and the song assumes that troops want to be more then just tools of their warlord.
Megaduck

Postby heyduck » Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:33 am

Kreistor wrote:
ftl wrote:On the other hand, it might be that unintelligent automatons are the *easiest* to manipulate. After all, being manipulated is all that unintelligent automatons do anyway. I'm not sure we have any evidence on which to judge whether uncroaked are easier or harder to pacify.

Not in most systems. They don't have emotions to manipulate.

A village in Afghanistan might put out a music band in hopes of calming troops entering the village, but they won't try that against a predator drone. Oh, they might sway the mind controlling the drone, but not the drone itself.

In D&D, undead are immune to mind affecting spells, like this. And if it affected only Wanda's ability to order them to attack, she could disband, they'd become unleaded, and attack the enemy immediately, so it must be afflicting them, too.

Well hippiemancy falls under life and matter, and naughtymancy is under matter and motion, uncroaked are considered matter that moves which means hippiemancy should be able to affect it; if these alignments mean anything that is.
heyduck

Next

Return to Reactions