Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 013

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 013

Postby balder » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:03 am

New one is up. Tom Swiftie intentional. :D
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 013

Postby CNagy » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:24 am

Interesting, I guess they were really very serious about their peace offer.
CNagy

Postby niklinna » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:25 am

I foresee a heavy relationship between Olive & Wanda. Although probably not as complicated as that between Jillian & Wanda....
niklinna
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby badninja » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:42 am

Ok what exactly happened here?! Why do I feel that Olive just mind raped Wanda and she has no clue? Something else is going on here and Wanda and her brother are in a lot of trouble but are in no condition or any condition to stop it. Scary up date, so how and why will Wanda switch sides here?
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby name lips » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:50 am

balder wrote:Tom Swiftie intentional. :D

"Expect it's probably poison," Tommy said venomously.

Well done! Haven't seen one of those in years. :)
name lips

Postby Whispri » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:20 am

I hope those aren't prophetic dreams, some of them sound nasty.

Question is, will they offer better terms than 'we want your women' this time?
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Zeku » Sat Dec 03, 2011 3:23 am

She's falling in love with Olive. And it makes sense, since their disciplines are so..incompatible? I hope we get to see a picture of Olive
Spoiler: show
before she gets decrypted.
Zeku

Postby Saladman » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:09 am

Interesting.

Date-a-mancy and Signamancy are Hippiemancy's additional disciplines to Flower Power, and this Florist could have some natural or casting ability in one or both of those as well. (Date-a-mancy's "those spells" for the blushes, and reading Tommy's aura if she literally did and it wasn't a figure of speech.) Between that and a full city peace spell she might well be a master class Hippiemancer, though I'm not saying it's necessary for what we know so far.

I guess I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop - a fair and charitable peace treaty seems unlikely in Erfworld to begin with, and hard to square with Haffaton earlier pushing Goodminton to the brink of extinction, but with their Hippiemancer taking the lead now I suppose it's possible.
Saladman
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby jkosta » Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:37 am

Saladman wrote:I guess I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop - a fair and charitable peace treaty seems unlikely in Erfworld to begin with, and hard to square with Haffaton earlier pushing Goodminton to the brink of extinction, but with their Hippiemancer taking the lead now I suppose it's possible.

I haven't been keeping track of the forum talk; Wanda killed another Croakamancer in Episode 007, right?
jkosta

Postby Raza » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:14 am

I like hippiemancers, so far.

jkosta wrote:
Saladman wrote:I guess I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop - a fair and charitable peace treaty seems unlikely in Erfworld to begin with, and hard to square with Haffaton earlier pushing Goodminton to the brink of extinction, but with their Hippiemancer taking the lead now I suppose it's possible.

I haven't been keeping track of the forum talk; Wanda killed another Croakamancer in Episode 007, right?

I imagine a copycat is just a creature type, perhaps something like a doppleganger. It'd have gotten more than half a sentence if it'd been an actual caster.
Raza

Postby Azukar » Sat Dec 03, 2011 7:21 am

Zeku wrote: I hope we get to see a picture of Olive
before she gets decrypted.

Wanda is still many turns away from acquiring the Arkenpliers, so Decryption is unlikely.
---

-Az
Azukar

Postby Goshen » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:42 am

badninja wrote:Ok what exactly happened here?! Why do I feel that Olive just mind raped Wanda and she has no clue? Something else is going on here and Wanda and her brother are in a lot of trouble but are in no condition or any condition to stop it. Scary up date, so how and why will Wanda switch sides here?

Could be. Or it could just be good old fashioned seduction. Just like Cathryn DeNeuve seducing Susan Serandon in "The Hunger", a fun movie from the eighties. DeNeuve plays an ancient vampire who didn't even need to use her mind powers in any obvious way. She's just really good at the game after a few millennia of practice. Their love scene is very very hot....
Goshen

Postby Whispri » Sat Dec 03, 2011 9:51 am

badninja wrote:Ok what exactly happened here?! Why do I feel that Olive just mind raped Wanda and she has no clue? Something else is going on here and Wanda and her brother are in a lot of trouble but are in no condition or any condition to stop it. Scary up date, so how and why will Wanda switch sides here?

Wanda's just discovered girls is all, wants to 'entwine', to 'get to know' Olive, to 'serve beneath her', to Boop and Boop like Boops on Boop, that sort of thing. Honestly, it seems the only thing Goodminton have lost here is the initiative. What worries me is that coming to this parley is apparently an act that doomed Goodminton. How? There's been hardly any fighting so it can't be that. Unless some other side is about to take serious advantage of these armies being where they are this turn, the only thing that's doomed is Wanda's maidenhood.

I'd say either Delphie really is that worried about Wanda's pop debt... or Overlord Firebaugh is about to be Croaked in an attack that would have been preventable had this war ended a few turns sooner.
Last edited by Whispri on Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whispri

Postby raphfrk » Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:30 am

I wonder if Olive thinks that Wanda is in on Delphi's plan. Delphie wouldn't have a chance to confer with them again, Olive might just think she failed to convince her Overlord, but Wanda as a caster would obviously be on fate's side.
raphfrk
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Tathar » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:13 pm

I'm just worried that Rob's slipping on his M-W-F schedule with this. This is the second update that got missed already in little over a month. If he's changing the schedule, I'd like to know so I don't madly refresh Erfworld every 10 seconds on Wednesday.
Beeskee wrote:I was reluctant to assume Charlie was the Wizard, since it seems like if a butterfly farts in an unmapped hex, we're all ready to assume it's somehow part of Charlie's grand schemes to control the wind or whatever.
Tathar
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby gameboy1234 » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:21 pm

Zeku wrote:She's falling in love with Olive.

That's what I got too. Wanda likes pretty blonde girls.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby kreszantas » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:47 pm

Saladman wrote:Interesting.

Date-a-mancy and Signamancy are Hippiemancy's additional disciplines to Flower Power, and this Florist could have some natural or casting ability in one or both of those as well. (Date-a-mancy's "those spells" for the blushes, and reading Tommy's aura if she literally did and it wasn't a figure of speech.) Between that and a full city peace spell she might well be a master class Hippiemancer, though I'm not saying it's necessary for what we know so far.

I guess I'm still waiting for the other shoe to drop - a fair and charitable peace treaty seems unlikely in Erfworld to begin with, and hard to square with Haffaton earlier pushing Goodminton to the brink of extinction, but with their Hippiemancer taking the lead now I suppose it's possible.

Hippiemancer is the name of those three individual classes already combined. Its the only caster type we have seen that actually can cast in this manner. All the others are merely one of the classes. So by merely being a hippiemancer according to the chart. For Wanda if she was all three she would be the naughtymancer... now that would be some fanservice. :lol:

http://www.erfworld.com/book-1-archive/?px=%2F038a.jpg
Huh? What was that sound, oh nevermind it was nothing.
kreszantas

Postby kreszantas » Sat Dec 03, 2011 12:52 pm

Tathar wrote:I'm just worried that Rob's slipping on his M-W-F schedule with this. This is the second update that got missed already in little over a month. If he's changing the schedule, I'd like to know so I don't madly refresh Erfworld every 10 seconds on Wednesday.

This is typical and usually expected to have some sort of schedule stageamancy occur. Just read the Facebook page. "Sometimes" Rob posts tidbits of info there. Heck it took a year just to get book 1 published. Be patient its all good. 8-)
Huh? What was that sound, oh nevermind it was nothing.
kreszantas

Postby BanzaiJoe » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:19 pm

Two things.

1) My first kneejerk reaction is that Goodminton is not in trouble, but Delphie is. I think that Delphie sees her own croaking coming closer and has made moves for survival at the expense of Goodminton's best outcome.

2) I'm a regular reader, but not hardcore myth junkie. Has Farrah Fawcett been represented yet, because that's who I say Olive is similar too. The description matches nicely. /onthe record
BanzaiJoe

Postby MonteCristo » Sat Dec 03, 2011 1:57 pm

ok NOW i'm rather concerned with Olive's level of power with that no-combat spell. Namely that it has the potential to make it impossible for a side to fall. I mean if you can stop all combat EVERY turn in a city then that means that you could make it impossible for combat to occur within the capitol which means keeping the side alive. There would have to be some kind of loop hole in the spell... like the amount of juice the spell requires is based on the number of troops in the battle space; that way the spell can only be cast every turn if the number of troops in the area is limited; bring enough troops into the battle space and then the spell costs too much for a caster to cast each turn, you need to use two turn's worth of juice and thus can only cast it once every two turns.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Next

Return to Reactions