Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 014

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 014

Postby balder » Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:48 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 014

Postby Housellama » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:09 pm

Oh yeah. Wanda's getting played HARD. Olive's even using her brother to get her. Seducing him in the process just makes it an especially efficient method. She may be a Hippymancer, but that doesn't make her any less ruthless. She's working to get what she wants on as many levels as she can.

Wanda was right. Olive is using peace as effectively as any weapon. She's certainly booping up Wanda's world
"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu, Chapter 1, Line 18, The Art of War

"The principle of strategy is to know ten thousand things by having one thing." - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Earth, Go Rin No Sho
Housellama
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby ftl » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:25 pm

Whatever Olive wants Wanda for, at this point, I think it's becoming an offer Goodminton can't refuse.

Or, they shouldn't refuse. They now KNOW that Haffaton has the power to take Wanda by force. The offered treaty terms - as beneficial to Goodminton as they can possibly be - indicate that Haffaton is quite serious about wanting Wanda, badly.

Goodminton has to take the offer, or else they'll get wiped out and Wanda taken. You don't need a Prediction to guess at that. And heck - if Goodminton signs a permanent treaty with Haffaton, Wanda won't even be working against her old side. Just take the damn offer!
ftl
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Postby cloudbreaker » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:37 pm

For some reason I have a feeling that Tommy won't be the Firebaugh sibling who ends up doing the seducing...
Bored? Read The Adventured of Melissa Ray. An Erfworld fanfic. comment here

Or A Tale From Traz. (Now complete!). comment here.
cloudbreaker

Postby Housellama » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:39 pm

cloudbreaker wrote:For some reason I have a feeling that Tommy won't be the Firebough sibling who ends up doing the seducing...

None of the Firebaugh siblings are going to be seducing anyone. They are both being quite thoroughly seduced themselves, although I suspect seducing Tommy is not exactly difficult. Olive has them both quite well in hand already.
"All warfare is based on deception" - Sun Tzu, Chapter 1, Line 18, The Art of War

"The principle of strategy is to know ten thousand things by having one thing." - Miyamoto Musashi, The Book of Earth, Go Rin No Sho
Housellama
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby BCCroaker » Tue Dec 06, 2011 8:40 pm

Wanda. Sleep (euphemisticaly) with Olive, then cut her throat in the morning.
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Silvan » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:09 pm

BCCroaker wrote:Wanda. Sleep (euphemisticaly) with Olive, then cut her throat in the morning.

I think the peace spell would prevent that. Otherwise they should just stay up all night and wait in the morning to coup de grace the enemies. It probably lasts until the end of Olive's next turn.

One thing that I found interesting was that the spell allowed the destruction of objects. Whats to prevent them from say. Placing a table next to Olive, placing something REEEALLY heavy and large and then pushing it off of the table onto her head? I wonder if you just can't have harmful intentions. But then maybe in an uncroaked could do it?
Silvan

Postby Kreistor » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:18 pm

Could they crash Tower? Destroy all the weapons of the defenders?

It wouldn't really matter. Olive just recasts the spell the next day.
http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/TBFGK_1 Here you can find all comic pages written as text for convenient quoting.

http://www.erfworld.com/wiki/index.php/Erfworld_Mechanics The starting page for accessing all known Erfworld "rules".
Kreistor

Postby DuffTerrall » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:22 pm

Silvan wrote:Whats to prevent them from say. Placing a table next to Olive, placing something REEEALLY heavy and large and then pushing it off of the table onto her head?

Probably they just wouldn't think of it. It's the sort of thing that Parson would do, no doubt, but that sort of thinking outside the rules seems like something new that he brought to the table.
DuffTerrall

Postby Lamech » Tue Dec 06, 2011 9:39 pm

Kreistor wrote:Could they crash Tower? Destroy all the weapons of the defenders?

It wouldn't really matter. Olive just recasts the spell the next day.
That appears to be the case. Which means this isn't a winning spell that much. So effectively, you can preserve your units after taking a loss. So powerful, but significantly weaker than a turnamancer allowing off-turn move.

Oh, and it could totally matter. Here is the treaty agreement: "Okay, penalty of 1,000,000 million shmuckers and say... all units in this city. It will last for a 1,000,000 million turns, and oh yeah, Wanda wants to say her good buys and she can't really do it with all those people who just tried to feel her up watching or her new chief caster. Easily embarrased and all. So all units of Haffaton in the city now need to be in the tower until our next turn. Then we leave and she turns at the start of our turn. Good deal?"

Deal accepted then burn the tower to the ground. "You bastards! Breaking the treaty agreement like that. How could you after that offer of peace? Ah well, those million shmuckers and caster definitely make up for it."

DuffTerrall wrote:
Silvan wrote:Whats to prevent them from say. Placing a table next to Olive, placing something REEEALLY heavy and large and then pushing it off of the table onto her head?

Probably they just wouldn't think of it. It's the sort of thing that Parson would do, no doubt, but that sort of thinking outside the rules seems like something new that he brought to the table.

I assume that is probably the case. Or monkey pile Olive then drop the tower down. Or monkey pile her and set the room on fire. Or... as we can see this spell is not particularly OP. Its a good spell, but thinking cleverly can get around it. Even Wanda has figured out the smash the city down part of the deal.
Lamech

Postby Knight13 » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:09 pm

Most likely the peace spell prevents anyone from "engaging", which probably includes any intentional attack on an enemy unit or structure, no matter how indirect. Wanda smashing up random objects doesn't count as engaging, so she can do it all she likes.
Knight13

Postby Raza » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:10 pm

Odd sex culture erfworlders have. It seems to be predominantly heterosexual, without anyone expecting it to be.

Wanda seems thoroughly smitten with Olive now, but if I wanted to get with her at that party I'd bet on reciprocating when she sicked her uncroaked on me, putting on a show for her benefit. Might do that anyway if I were drunk enough; when you fully heal at dawn, what's the worst that could happen?
Raza

Postby Sixty » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:26 pm

Could Wanda destroy the Chillaxe then? She can't hurt units but I doubt the Chillaxe is a unit.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby SteveMB » Tue Dec 06, 2011 11:06 pm

"the last side of the once-powerful Croatan Tribe"

So, a tribe consists of several sides? That suggests that it could be the "family" of sides created when one splits off from another.
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB

Postby gameboy1234 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:04 am

Lascivious uncroaked crotch-gropes FTW!
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby the_tick_rules » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:25 am

nice mental images we all have now. Undead being all frisky.
I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.
the_tick_rules

Postby badninja » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:32 am

Wow Wanda can not stop getting played her her early life. I wonder if she ever tried to be a player and failed as her reason for her faith in fate or could she become like Parson. I feel that this whole prophecy stuff could be screwy and how much is per-ordained and can it be challenged and changed? I just like when some one fights fate and wins.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby gameboy1234 » Wed Dec 07, 2011 12:44 am

the_tick_rules wrote:nice mental images we all have now. Undead being all frisky.

You cannot unsee it!

I'm trying really hard to not mention any other, related, webcomics right now...
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:29 am

Nice counter attack there Wanda.

What she needs to do is find something she can destroy that the enemy will fight a battle rather than allow her to do so and so forgo the spells protection on their next turn. If she can, well her Uncroaked aren't drunk and won't be hungover. Or if there's a gap between the spell wearing off and being recast, no matter how brief, there'd be a chance to do some real damage if she positions her Uncroaked well enough.

ftl wrote:Whatever Olive wants Wanda for, at this point, I think it's becoming an offer Goodminton can't refuse.

Or, they shouldn't refuse. They now KNOW that Haffaton has the power to take Wanda by force. The offered treaty terms - as beneficial to Goodminton as they can possibly be - indicate that Haffaton is quite serious about wanting Wanda, badly.

Goodminton has to take the offer, or else they'll get wiped out and Wanda taken. You don't need a Prediction to guess at that. And heck - if Goodminton signs a permanent treaty with Haffaton, Wanda won't even be working against her old side. Just take the damn offer!

It's just too good to be true at this point. I mean, hasn't Wanda just been given damn good lesson on that front? And really, what penalty clause would matter if Goodminton is destroyed in the first few minutes of treachery?

The Predictamancer thinks refusing the initial offer doomed them, so if she's right, either the terms have changed to include a nice back stab or they fight on.
Last edited by Whispri on Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:34 am, edited 4 times in total.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby yuffiek » Wed Dec 07, 2011 1:32 am

So Haffaton is willing to go to extraordinary lengths to get Wanda, even to the point of basically saying "We will never attack your (pathetically weak) side again." (there's enough people willing to end your side that we don't need to)

Just how valuable does that make Wanda? Presumably Croakamancers are rare, but are they rare enough, and bah-ro-ken enough to constitute a side unto themselves?
yuffiek

Next

Return to Reactions