Sex in Erfworld

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Sex in Erfworld

Postby DeathTheKid » Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:02 pm

This is a topic that has been bothering me for a while, but why on Erf is it there? Units pop in cities, so their is no need for it to even exist. If someone has a likely answer, of if it has been discussed before, could someone please tell me or send me a link to that thread?
DeathTheKid

Re: Sex in Erfworld

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:48 pm

It's not just sex: there are a lot of things in Erfworld that are there for no reason. Slaughterhouses and smokehouses serve no real purpose. Gems represent money, but not because gems are rare or valuable - they just convert directly and perfectly into cash, and cash can be converted perfectly into gems.

There's no evolution in Erfworld. Everything is created. So, the short answer for 'why is there sex' is that someone wanted it there. Since everything else in Erfworld seems to be centered around war, I'd hazard a guess and say that going to war over love needed to be factored in.
MarbitChow

Postby DeathTheKid » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:27 am

Thank you for the answer (and for reminding me of the slaughterhouses).
DeathTheKid

Postby pSycHOtic chICkeN » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:43 am

I forgot that there are people who think the purpose of sex is for procreation. :lol:
pSycHOtic chICkeN

Return to Everything Else Erfworld