I can taste key lime pie

Your fan art, demotivators, cartoons, animations, lolcats or whatever other images you want to show off.

Re: I can taste key lime pie

Postby The Arkenwrench » Mon Jul 20, 2009 12:09 pm

New here, here's mine:
The Arkenwrench

Postby Ambug666 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:52 pm

This phrase has always bothered me. Key lime pie is pie made of key limes. Key limes are a specific sort of lime grown on the Florida Keys. So it is a food name that refers to a specific place on our world. How the boop would Erfworlders know about key limes?

That being said, the pictures are keen.
Ambug666

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Mon Jul 20, 2009 4:11 pm

Key limes are probably limes that are key-shaped, or grow on key-shaped trees, or make sounds in key when they fall to the ground, or grow near lochs, or something.
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby Bobby Archer » Tue Jul 21, 2009 1:04 pm

Cmdr I. Heartly Noah wrote:or grow near lochs

That pun is so painful, it almost has to be true.
Uncroaked for Hire

No, no, Misty is Uncle Ben; Bogroll is Gwen Stacy.
Bobby Archer

Location: Mass Hysteria, Chicago, IL, USA, Earth, Reality, Sanity

Postby moose o death » Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:10 am

i wonder if if key limes placed into a loch and turned will open anything...pie recipe books maybe
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby jioan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 6:58 pm

Ambug666 wrote:This phrase has always bothered me. Key lime pie is pie made of key limes. Key limes are a specific sort of lime grown on the Florida Keys. So it is a food name that refers to a specific place on our world. How the boop would Erfworlders know about key limes?

It probably popped as upkeep and it had a title on the pan or something.
jioan

Postby DevilDan » Wed Jul 22, 2009 7:43 pm

jioan wrote:
Ambug666 wrote:This phrase has always bothered me. Key lime pie is pie made of key limes. Key limes are a specific sort of lime grown on the Florida Keys. So it is a food name that refers to a specific place on our world. How the boop would Erfworlders know about key limes?

It probably popped as upkeep and it had a title on the pan or something.

It's actually more of a stretch to think that they have limes than it is to suppose that they have the geographical feature known as keys...

Of course, their key limes might just share that name with ours and little else.

Or, given the circumstances, one could suppose that "key lime" is meaningless to Erfworlders and that the phrase was the random result of an unfortunate arrow to the brain.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Cmdr I. Heartly Noah » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:26 pm

like hammer orange cake?
I am a: Chaotic Neutral Human Bard/Sorcerer (2nd/1st Level)
Str- 12, Dex- 15, Con- 12, Int- 14, Wis- 11, Cha- 13
Cmdr I. Heartly Noah

Postby DevilDan » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:57 pm

Cmdr I. Heartly Noah wrote:like hammer orange cake?

Or "Margo!Boxcar!Saturn!"
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby moose o death » Sat Jul 25, 2009 4:14 am

no he was lucid for the first half of the sentence. i find that very unlikely.

take realism away because it frequently gets in the way of good storytelling, i like the theory that key lime pie was his rations one day. just like stanley's rations appear to be simple bacon and eggs. yet we've not really seen much in the way of pigs etc.

maybe their pigeon eggs?
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
moose o death

Postby DevilDan » Mon Jul 27, 2009 3:58 pm

moose o death wrote:no he was lucid for the first half of the sentence. i find that very unlikely.

take realism away because it frequently gets in the way of good storytelling, i like the theory that key lime pie was his rations one day. just like stanley's rations appear to be simple bacon and eggs. yet we've not really seen much in the way of pigs etc.

maybe their pigeon eggs?

Serious brain trauma can result in olfactory hallucinations.

My first thought, though, when I read that panel was of a character wistfully remembers an idyllic childhood day. Of course, we now know that Erfworlders have no childhoods, but I still smell some Proustian-pastry allusion.
DevilDan

Previous

Return to Art and Images