Predictamancy: Charlie Isn't an Overlord

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Predictamancy: Charlie Isn't an Overlord

Postby Ardhiel » Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:47 pm

My idea? Charlie IS the arkendish. :geek:
Ardhiel

Postby ParsonIsOP » Sun Dec 11, 2011 11:15 pm

drachefly wrote:

That's interpreting the statement way too strongly. Just sayin'.

I don't think so.

My understanding is that it's actually a "game term." So it's like a designation similar to Caster or Warlord. A Caster has Juice points while Warlords have a leadership bonus. Royals and Nobles get better stats overall. (This would also explain part of why Wanda is considered such an exceptional unit.)

But more importantly, it significance is cultural. Royal sides make a big deal out tracing their lineage to the dawn of the world, because they think their pedigree proves their right to a divine mandate.
ParsonIsOP

Postby drachefly » Mon Dec 12, 2011 11:23 am

So a golem popped by a royal side is a royal or noble golem? Wrigley was a royal or noble stabber?
drachefly

Postby ParsonIsOP » Mon Dec 12, 2011 12:25 pm

drachefly wrote:So a golem popped by a royal side is a royal or noble golem? Wrigley was a royal or noble stabber?

No, I think it only applies to direct "sons" and "daughters" of Royal units only, otherwise the idea of an exclusive lineage wouldn't work. Slatley's sons are all the warlords specifically popped to be Royal. I don't think you could just deliberately decide to have a Royal Stabber since it may only Royal warlords.

But then again, Wanda might be a Royal dud. It's never explicitly mentioned if Lord Firebaugh is actually Royal. It could just be that you specify a Royal unit and it's just usually a warlord.

I don't know what Nobility is though. It may be just the "bonus option" that Royal Sides can choose to pop. You want a unit with bonuses, but you don't want to go all-in on the expenses. This would at least approximate the real world feudal practice of Royalty conferring Noble titles to vassals.
ParsonIsOP

Postby drachefly » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:43 am

Well, then, your 'No, I don't think so' three posts up actually means, 'We totally agree.'
drachefly

Postby Mrtyuh » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:58 am

Commander units popped in the capital of a royal side are Royals. Commander units popped by a royal side in a city other than the capital are Nobles. All other units are common. Royals that are Rulers are Kings or Queens. Commoners that are Rulers are Overlords. I would guess that a Noble Ruler would be a Regent. Royals that are not Rulers are Prince and Princesses. I don't know if a Regency can pop Royals, but it seems likely to me that it could probably pop Nobles. Any Commanders, Warlords and Casters, popped by Gobwin Knob under King Saline IV were Royals or Nobles, but all other units were common. So, Stanley, a piker popped by a Royal side, was common. He was promoted to Warlord, then Chief Warlord and then Heir Designate, but he was still common. When King Saline IV croaked, Stanley became Ruler, but since he is common, he is an Overlord. Since Sizemore was popped as a Commander, he is either a Royal or Noble, depending on if he popped at Gobwin Knob or elsewhere. I suspect elsewhere, since he never refers to Saline as his father. Wanda was popped as a commander by Overlord Firebaugh, so she is common. If Don croaks before his new heir pops, Caesar would become Regent, according to my earlier speculation.

There is some speculation here, such as whether Commander units refers solely to Warlords or Casters as well, but most of this is based on what Saladman said was in Book 1.
मृत्युः सर्वहरश्चाहमुद्भवश्च भविष्यताम् ।
Mrtyuh
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld