Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 016

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 016

Postby balder » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:19 am

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 016

Postby vintermann » Fri Dec 16, 2011 5:46 am

Whoever predicted the possibility of smashing the Chillax, points for you!
vintermann
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Sixty » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:29 am

Sixty wrote:Could Wanda destroy the Chillaxe then? She can't hurt units but I doubt the Chillaxe is a unit.

Heh, damn, should have bet some quatloos on it coming up as a possibility. Granted we don't know for sure if she CAN.
Sixty
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Saladman » Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:30 am

Yay, new update!

And yet, I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop, and I keep having to wait. So, good job building tension, anyway. The finished story will be good, but like the comic, I wish I had the discipline to wait and catch up.

Edit to add: yeah, it's pretty much got to be an item, not a unit, since even siege towers are just equipment. Whether a (probably) magic item claimed by an enemy unit is as vulnerable as a potted plant in a hallway is still an open question, but if they catch it unattended it likely is.
Saladman
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby MonteCristo » Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:37 am

If i had to guess, i'm thinking that olive knows full well that goodmitten will NOT survive continueing to fight with haffaton... She and Larry could indeed turn, but that will not matter as Haffaton is so much larger that goodmitten is doomed either way; espaically if Olive is indeed the ONLY reason Haffaton's ruler is even considering peace... without Olive, nothing will stop haffaton. But at the same time she needs to validate the peace with her ruler and thus has Wanda as part of the bargain as her ruler may have shown no interest in anything else that goodmitten had in their possession. Though for Olive it could be something more to it, in that it could be that delphie did not just tell her about wanda serving her, but could have told her of how important wanda is gonna be and as such Olive feels a need to protect Wanda... and there is no guarantee that they will be able to capture as she might wind up croaked.
MonteCristo
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:05 am

They should move off and hit a different City. The flower girl has other spells.

Just a thought but could the flower girl actually be the Haffaton ruler?
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Deuce » Fri Dec 16, 2011 8:36 am

Saladman wrote:. . .
Edit to add: yeah, it's pretty much got to be an item, not a unit, since even siege towers are just equipment. Whether a (probably) magic item claimed by an enemy unit is as vulnerable as a potted plant in a hallway is still an open question, but if they catch it unattended it likely is.

Me, I'm hoping for a good guitar smashing ref from this. Ideally John Hiatt, though Townsend would do.
Deuce

Postby Knight13 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:06 am

Unlikely, so far as we know Rulers cannot be casters.
Knight13

Postby Whispri » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:47 am

Knight13 wrote:

Unlikely, so far as we know Rulers cannot be casters.

Sez 'oo? Caster's are rare. We've seen, what, six, seven rulers in total? About as many heirs? That's really not that many. And if Wanda can pop as an Overlord's daughter, why can't she be his spare heir? Can Overlord's even pop non-heir family members?
Whispri

Postby Orzel » Fri Dec 16, 2011 9:51 am

Tommy, Tommy, Tommy. Step up your game.

I knew Tommy's eagerness and blunt personality would leave him embarrassed during his next encounter. I saw this the second he mentioned making Olive his.

You can't just...
That's not how you...
Tommy, Tommy, Tommy.

If Erfworld has a Charisma statistic, he doesn't have a good one.
Orzel

Postby kagato23 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:34 am

I dunno Orzell. I think he's only stupid in the one way. That idea is pretty good.
Portal X Parson OTP!
kagato23
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby gobe » Fri Dec 16, 2011 10:44 am

Predictamancers are part of a conspiracy, along with a Hippimancer, to summon Parson. This seems to be related with Wanda's Fate.

Here we have a Predictamancer and a Florist (type of hippimancer) that seem to be conspiring. Ring a bell?

I suspect that all of this. Predictamancers, Hippimancers, Wanda, Parson. It's all part of the same "fate". All part of the same conspiracy...
gobe

Postby drachefly » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:09 am

So predictable. Tommy/Olive, I mean. Sigh.

Whispri wrote:Can Overlord's even pop non-heir family members?

Well, kings can...
drachefly

Postby zuche » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:12 am

Orzel wrote:Tommy, Tommy, Tommy. Step up your game.

He's no pinball wizard, that's for sure, nor is he Kipling's Atkins lad. Still, I can see how his behaviour might affect how Wanda sees Parson. Here I'd been viewing her as Jessica to his Paul, and now it turns out she might have a bit of an Alia complex for him as well.
zuche

Postby Jinren » Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:38 am

Knight13 wrote:Unlikely, so far as we know Rulers cannot be casters.

One point: I would have thought it more likely that a caster, who is already a pseudo-warlord with leadership, could be easily promoted to heir, than a generic Piker... and yet we've seen the second one happen.
Jinren

Postby yuffiek » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:26 pm

And the message coming through the Hat is that the other four Sides that were bearing down on Goodminton have surrounded the city and are just waiting for GM's turn to end before razing it.
yuffiek

Postby Aquillion » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:27 pm

kagato23 wrote:I dunno Orzell. I think he's only stupid in the one way. That idea is pretty good.
How is it good, though? What does Olive stand to gain from it? Give up being chief caster of a huge, powerful, winning side whose leader listens to her, in exchange for becoming the chief caster of a tiny, losing side whose leader hates magic?

Not exactly a winning offer.
Aquillion

Postby Whispri » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:44 pm

drachefly wrote:
Whispri wrote:Can Overlord's even pop non-heir family members?

Well, kings can...

Kings can pop Royal Units though. It may be that any Ruler may pop 'family' Units and a King's family are Royalty. Or it may be that 'family' is a trait applied to Units that are Heirs, Royalty or both.
Whispri

Postby Knight13 » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:50 pm

Sez 'oo? Caster's are rare.

I dunno, it just seems to me that if casters could become Rulers, more sides would do it. Rulers generally don't leave their capital anyway, since getting croaked is such a danger to them, so why not have a Ruler that can be useful when not on the battlefield? To me, it's always seemed like casters kinda stand outside of the normal heirarchy a little bit, what with their ability to use magic and go to the Magic Kingdom when nobody else can.

Can Overlord's even pop non-heir family members?

Warlords can be be popped as a heir (though it apparently takes longer and costs more than popping them normally) or upgraded to heir later. So far we don't know if it's possible to have more than one heir at a time. Plus, we don't know what the distinction is between between warloads and casters that are considered family members and those that are not. Does it simply mean any warlords or casters that are popped under a particular ruler? Firebaugh sees Wanda as his daughter, but Slately doesn't seem to see his casters as sons. And it can't just be the difference between Royal and non-Royal, since Firebaugh is an Overlord rather than a King and therefore non-Royal.

How is it good, though? What does Olive stand to gain from it? Give up being chief caster of a huge, powerful, winning side whose leader listens to her, in exchange for becoming the chief caster of a tiny, losing side whose leader hates magic?

I think kagato is talking about Tommy's idea to destroy the Chillaxe, Aquillion.
Knight13

Postby Peep » Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:35 pm

Isn't Charlie a caster overlord?
Peep

Next

Return to Reactions