Uk Erf fans meetup/share postage/get Rob to come over here

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Uk Erf fans meetup/share postage/get Rob to come over here

Postby doran » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:08 pm

Hey guys,

I'm a UK fan, and I've always thought its a pity we can't meet Rob and/or each other at UK cons and the like, plus postage across the atlantic is really expensive.
I've spoken to Rob about this and he says he is perfectly willing to come over if his travel fees are paid for.

So I'm looking to see if there are any Uk, maybe European, people out there interested in any of the following:
  • an erfworld meetup, possibly at a convention
  • Doing bulk orders of erf merchandise and then reposting it in the UK to save on postage.
  • Maybe putting together donations to get Rob to come over here, and/or asking bookstores such as Travelling Man/Forbidden Planet if they'd
    be interested in partially funding a book tour if we can show them enough people are interested.
MarbitChow wrote: Don't you get it yet? WE ARE THE MAGIC KINGDOM.
We're the people sitting around discussing our pet theories based on nomenclature, citing references, discussing ad nauseum while Parson finds out how it works.
doran
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Uk Erf fans meetup/share postage/get Rob to come over he

Postby Namegduf » Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:18 pm

I think these are all pretty interesting ideas. I'd love to attend a meetup if we could get one organised.Would be good to see how many people would be interested in that.

Not sure bulk ordering is for me, I'd rather pay the extra than deal with the extra delay and hassle, but it could be a good idea for some people.
Namegduf
Site Admin

Postby BCCroaker » Mon Dec 19, 2011 7:02 pm

I'll go to an Erfworld meet and kick in towards getting Rob over here - both these things depend on numbers of people. Not sure about bulk buying - I spend my Tool credits as fits in to life etc. Haven't seen the books for sale at Forbidden Planet (or Fan Boy Three for that matter which carry the OOTS books).
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Utoryo » Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:14 am

I'll likely move to the UK next year and would gladly donate a little bit to help Rob come over and visit a convention or do a book tour.
Utoryo
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Kichumen » Sat Dec 24, 2011 7:22 am

Nice Idea

I would also donate to get Rob over here , but i would be even more interested in meeting XIN :)
Kichumen

Return to Everything Else Erfworld