New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 019

Postby Radagast » Sat Dec 31, 2011 8:26 pm

Shockamancy scroll is my bet!
Radagast

Postby Zeku » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:07 pm

Individually, "Strange and dirty" could point to weirdomancy and dirtomancy, used to either give everyone a flying special, or re-configure the city for battle. There was some dittomancy imagery in there as well.
Zeku

Postby BCCroaker » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:09 pm

Abomninable snowman!
BCCroaker
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby SteveMB » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:46 pm

I notice that Delphie didn't exactly answer the question....
Is this a real holy war, or just a bunch of deluded boopholes croaking each other?
SteveMB
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby SohumB » Sat Dec 31, 2011 9:50 pm

Yea, "No objections" is not the same thing as "You won't croak, Lord."...
SohumB
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Whispri » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:08 pm

And the inexorable march to perfect Caster-hood rolls on.

The scroll, perhaps a means to build the City up to a five?

SohumB wrote:Yea, "No objections" is not the same thing as "You won't croak, Lord."...

But if he does, then Goodminton is finished and Delphie's stuck in a neutral City (unless Wanda's an heir of course). I don't see why she'd lie about something that is so vital to the survival of her side. On the other hand, if he's going to croak in this battle no matter what...
Last edited by Whispri on Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby Radagast » Sat Dec 31, 2011 10:49 pm

Well given that it's a safe assumption that Goodminton is doomed either way, we can also assume Lord Firebaugh is also doomed either way. Therefore he will croak whether or not he stacks up and fights, therefore no objections but no promises of not croaking.

Hmm. Dirtomancy and Weirdomancy... This might be beyond a simple scroll, but could you actually....

Spoiler: show
Bury a city, taking away its airspace zone?

What would that do to non-allied Flyers in the airspace I wonder?

It's probably more of a trimancer type spell though, but it's the first thing that came to mind with a dirtomancy/weirdomancy combo.
Radagast

Postby multilis » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:01 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Legend ... he_Snowman

The snowman based on the art, may suddenly become more powerful golem and help win the battle... Frosty becomes magic/strong with his hat.

Radagast wrote:Well given that it's a safe assumption that Goodminton is doomed either way,

I don't think in "short term" that is safe assumption. If he dies now, then another caster is probably doomed as well... (I guess part of later story will be Wanda's terrible revenge for her brother and father deaths. She is being taught by enemy how to play friend while preparing backstabs) And not only doomed by death but by torture first as Wanda would probably seduce her luckomancer lover first just to rub in how angry she is. Wanda's un-brother may have a part to play as well in that revenge, personally enacting the plan he suggested to disable the flower power/can't fight at all songs. (Yes, really Wanda pulling strings but seeing it as poetic justice for a backstab kiss, and not caring if that kiss was forced/ordered/"not my fault"/"I really did love your brother".)

It is possible that the plan will work well and this battle will be won, and Father and Wanda will see strong hope of winning this war against impossible odds before it is all taken away.
multilis

Postby Sixty » Sat Dec 31, 2011 11:31 pm

I like "automagically"
Sixty

Postby gameboy1234 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:54 am

Hehe, abominable snowmen are hat magic. I love those old holiday TV Specials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkoq_DKS ... re=related

Think perhaps this was timed for new year? Also, yes, Erfworld contracts work "automagically." I like!
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby Berserkas » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:09 am

Nonono, you're not thinking right. Definitely not Shockamncy scroll. Wanda LIKED using offensive spells against the enemy, remember? Also, doubt it's weirdomancy/dirtamancy just because strange & dirty.

Nooooo, she's a croakamancer. What's a strange and dirty magic to HER? Life magic! Possibly Healomancy, or even... *gasp* Flower Power! :o

And yeah, Delphie is being... Delphie. :roll:
Berserkas

Postby Dr Pepper » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:21 am

So-- Hatamancy can animate simple constructs. Finally, something good has come out of that annoying cartoon. I wonder if it can also sequester information or help in the pursuit of a relationship.
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby Matthew Wildstar » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:05 am

I suppose Naughtymancy is just too obvious? "Strange and dirty..." Dirty != Naughty?

"Frosty the snow-man, was a jolly happy soul - with a corn-cob pipe and a button nose, and two eyes made out of coallll...!"

Also... "...he hath loosed the fateful lightning of his terrible swift sword..." in Un-Tommy's crit...
Matthew Wildstar

Postby name lips » Sun Jan 01, 2012 3:59 am

Berserkas wrote:Nonono, you're not thinking right. Definitely not Shockamncy scroll. Wanda LIKED using offensive spells against the enemy, remember? Also, doubt it's weirdomancy/dirtamancy just because strange & dirty.

Nooooo, she's a croakamancer. What's a strange and dirty magic to HER? Life magic! Possibly Healomancy, or even... *gasp* Flower Power! :o

And yeah, Delphie is being... Delphie. :roll:

I agree that "strange and dirty" to Wanda would indicate Life magic of some kind.
name lips

Postby Whispri » Sun Jan 01, 2012 11:36 am

You mean like the Life magic she's been using in the form of Rhyme-o-mancy and Hat Magic? In fact, every type of Life using sorcery has either been put to use by her side, or has been noted as in use by one of her side's many enemies, so the 'magick she's barely even thought about' clause weighs heavily against them.

Dirtamacy fits the dirtiness and the magick she's barely considered part. Plus, in theory at least, it would allow them to strengthen their defences whilst burning up the treasury, meaning they could keep their word to surrender the treasury and still grant the enemy nothing. All hinges on them having sufficient Shmuckers in the first place of course.
Whispri

Postby gameboy1234 » Sun Jan 01, 2012 2:25 pm

Here's a weird thought. Everyone assumes that Olive has already been Wanda's chief caster by the time Book 1 opens, but what if it hasn't happened yet? Could Olive appear in the main story?

I'm thinking something like Parson and most GK casters split off and form their own side (still like this idea). Parson, being a hippiemancer, finds out how useful hippymancy is and promotes a high level hippiemancer to chief caster for various hippie related bonuses. It's Olive, of course.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby badninja » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:52 pm

I have had a nagging question, why is Wanda so important that a low level predicamancer's prediction could carry this amount of importance? From what we have seen Olive is the only other caster we have seen that could be high in level everyone else has not been that high in level. What is Wanda's future and why is it so important could it be more then GK? Look at the effort that has gone into capturing Wanda, yes casters are important but why from Book 1 forward has no side made any attempt at capturing an enemy caster something odd is happening with Wanda.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins Supporter!

Postby splintermute » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:32 pm

badninja wrote:why from Book 1 forward has no side made any attempt at capturing an enemy caster something odd is happening with Wanda.

Casters are captured all the time - they're the only units worth capturing or preserving, other than high level warlords. Charlie attempted to capture supposed hippiemancer Parson, Stanley captured Wanda and Jack from Faq, Bea sent her casters into the MK before she destroyed herself, and Jillian asked Wanda's permission to send her caster into the MK before the attack on Spacerock. Presumably casters are difficult to capture because you hardly ever send them into battle without major defenses, unlike some warlords.

Every caster is a significant asset for its side, but, yes, Wanda is considerably more significant than usual.
splintermute

Postby Lamech » Sun Jan 01, 2012 7:53 pm

So, another change we see in Wanda: Book-0-Wanda loves trying out all the kinds of magic. She uses hatomancy just for kicks, buffs spells with Rhyme-o-mancy, all in all pretty good. But Book-1-Wanda, is pretty well opposed to the idea. And in Book-2 Wanda just seems to do nothing with her juice. I suppose she might be making items or something with the spare juice, but for all the things she could do, and simply avoiding it? In fact, has she even tried to learn healomancy? Especially when they need it so badly?

Therefore I think that something bad must happen to scare her off from using the other magicks. :cry:

Also note about the hat golems: If its just the item off-turn they can be de-hatted. No hat, no unit, no upkeep. Then as soon as you need them they can all hat up and boom! Insta-army.
Lamech

Next

Return to Reactions