Parson Thoughts

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Parson Thoughts

Postby Kaed » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:24 pm

If Parson were named Heir Designate, would he, through Duty or Free Will, croak Stanley?

Stanley is obviously a terrible choice for an Overlord, no one can deny that. But would Parson want or feel the need to depose him for the sake of Gobwin Knob?

And would he become the Evil Overlord he jokingly thought Stanley was early on, or would he try to destroy conflict like the Hippymancers think he will?
UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.
Kaed
Erfabet Supporter!
Erfabet Supporter!

Re: Parson Thoughts

Postby Thunder » Mon Dec 26, 2011 8:55 pm

I'm pretty sure duty is to the ruler not to the side, so he would only croak him if it was for his own desires (even if those desires were the betterment of GK) not due to duty
I live up in the land of ice and snow, where the hot springs blow, from the city which rhymes with fun.
do you know from whence i hail?
Thunder

Postby BLANDCorporatio » Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:50 am

Arguably, Stanley is no worse an overlord than most, actually. I'm not the one making that case, but I've seen it put forth before on the forums.

And from a purely practical standpoint, assuming the duty Parson feels is to GK and not Stanley, it would still be a good idea to keep the rocker around. He's harmless if properly managed, and it's not that hard to "manage" him, while also being useful as an Arkentool-attuned unit.
The whole point of this is lost if you keep it a secret.
BLANDCorporatio
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Postby Mrtyuh » Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:47 am

Outright killing Stanley would be a bad move simply because Gobwin Knob would lose the use of the Arkenhammer. On the other hand, if Stanley had an heir, it would allow him to take to the field. Stanley is a very effective field unit. It would open up new tactical possibilities if he didn't have to hide in the capital at all times.
मृत्युः सर्वहरश्चाहमुद्भवश्च भविष्यताम् ।
Mrtyuh
Tool + YOTD Supporter!
Tool + YOTD Supporter!

Return to Everything Else Erfworld