Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 021

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 021

Postby balder » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:46 pm

New One is up.
balder

Re: Inner Peace (Through Superior Firepower) – Episode 021

Postby Whispri » Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:55 pm

Hmm, was that the sound of Goodminton's Fate being sealed? Faq knowing of her can't be good.
Whispri
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Renion » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:04 pm

JACK!
Renion

Postby Saladman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:24 pm

...and Marie.
Saladman
Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby davesnothere » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:27 pm

Ninja'd
I was reluctant to say that was it was Jack as he said Predicamancy, but he could have been lying and their disapperance smacks of his tricks.
davesnothere
I am a Tool!
I am a Tool!

Postby MarbitChow » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:29 pm

No, it's Jack all right. He was telling Wanda what Marie's magic was, not his own.
MarbitChow

Postby gameboy1234 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:37 pm

Ayup, was going to say the same thing. Jack and Marie, most probably. From FAQ, at the time this is taking place.
"Do it?" Dan, I'm not a Republic serial villain. Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome?

I did it thirty-five minutes ago.

gameboy1234
YOTD Supporter!
YOTD Supporter!

Postby 0beron » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:38 pm

HA! I suspected Jack was older than Wanda! Now we just have to figure out which of them is higher level...LOL
"I'm afraid I don't understand. And also afraid that I do."
GJC wrote:Two guys with basically the same name in a discussion about a character getting cloned.
There's gotta be a good joke in here somewhere.
0beron
YOTD + Pins Supporter!
YOTD + Pins Supporter!

Postby PhantomFox » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:45 pm

So the real question is what side Marie works for at the present time... although I have to love Jack's schnanagins.
A new story updating Mondays
PhantomFox

Postby badninja » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Jack loved to see you!!!!!!! Why so serious indeed! Gushing over I like how Marie and Jack told her that she would be siding with them in the future but she was not ready yet. Plus that foolamancy was great at the end for the stealth exit. So when will Wanda switch sides sounds like she has been with her side a little to long.
I came, I saw, I had fun!
badninja
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet + Pins + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby Saladman » Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:56 pm

PhantomFox wrote:So the real question is what side Marie works for at the present time....

Not so much. Marie and Jack were both key to Faq's veiling gambit. Nobody outside knew of Faq to begin with in Book 1, implying they've been running that scam for a long time. Granted we don't have it spelled out yet, but Faq is by far the obvious and likely choice.
Saladman

Postby joosy » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:07 pm

I remember speculating a long time ago as to why FAQ would have need of a Croakamancer in a city where killing was supposedly unheard of. I also wondered how on earth she had gotten to such a high level when she was at FAQ. A that time I had mistakenly believed that the "Croatan" tribe her intro revealed her to be from was FAQ itself - and yes, I did think it odd that Jillian and others never mentioned the word 'Croatan' when discusing history. I assumed it would be explained via retconjuration or something. As always.. I was wrong :)

I had assumed that, in order to keep their costs down, FAQ discreetly popped low level units, croaked them, then had Wanda uncroak them for cheap units whenever Predictamancy dictated they needed them. I figured that was one of the dark secrets of FAQ that wold be revealed. I also thought that doing that over and over again was what had turned Wanda so hard and calloused. But alas..again I was wrong :)

So now we know that at some point, Wanda was a mini-Parson with her questioning and interest . Something is going to happen to curb her appetite and put her on the path of serving Fate. I look forward to seeing how she eventually gets to Faq. My guess is that the mercenary Jillian is somehow involved and sweeps her away from Olive while also helping her get revenge for wiping out GoodMinton. (wanna bet I am wrong on that too? :))

And a fun 'introduction' of Jack. I find it amusing the the foolamancer wears clothes that are so out of fashion and gaudy that Wanda can't even look. And the Diversion Beast was a nice touch ;) I admit I looked myself.
joosy

Postby Radagast » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:40 pm

Always nice to have a cameo appearance!
Radagast

Postby PhantomFox » Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:43 pm

Saladman wrote:
PhantomFox wrote:So the real question is what side Marie works for at the present time....

Not so much. Marie and Jack were both key to Faq's veiling gambit. Nobody outside knew of Faq to begin with in Book 1, implying they've been running that scam for a long time. Granted we don't have it spelled out yet, but Faq is by far the obvious and likely choice.

Sorry, I meant at the time of Book 2. FAQ's gone now, so where did she end up working for?
A new story updating Mondays
PhantomFox

Postby Mrtyuh » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:02 pm

Marie Lavraie wrote:I think I shouldn't have complained about being boahd. I'll have a lot of wuck to do at home, now.

I have the sneaking suspicion that Marie just Predicted the Fall of Faq, and the first thing she'll do when she returns is share her Prediction with King Banhammer. That would put this turn over seven hundred sixty turns before the present: Jillian popped over seven hundred turns ago, and it takes sixty turns to pop a royal heir. Given Book 0 has only covered slighty over thirty turns so far, Wanda still has a long way to go. The majority of it will probably be serving Haffaton.

PhantomFox wrote:Sorry, I meant at the time of Book 2. FAQ's gone now, so where did she end up working for?

If you are referring to a side, Marie is a barbarian that lives in the Magic Kingdom. She does not have a side. If you are refering to a faction, she is the leader of the Predictamancer-Hippiemancer conspiracy that brought Parson to Erfworld.
मृत्युः सर्वहरश्चाहमुद्भवश्च भविष्यताम् ।
Mrtyuh
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!

Postby DevilDan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:07 pm

Hahahaha, "Diversion Beast."
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby elecampane » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:14 pm

Oh Jack, I love your shenanigans so very much! :D
elecampane

Postby DevilDan » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:59 pm

Also funny: "Raiment District."
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
DevilDan

Postby Dr Pepper » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:03 pm

Ok, this kind of bothers me:

A hefty-looking woman in a green and yellow robe of satin, with a dark brown skin complexion

This is the second time skin color has been mentioned and the other was for Uhuru.In Erfworld, people come in a lot of different colors, so why is only one mentioned in descriptions?
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Postby Dr Pepper » Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:07 pm

DevilDan wrote:Hahahaha, "Diversion Beast."

Heh. Reminds me of an incident in a comedy where someone points and says "look, a distraction!".
Read, like there won't be a movie
Game, like the die rolls don't matter
Filk, like everyone is tone deaf anyway

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .4
Dr Pepper

Next

Return to Reactions