Summer Updates - 017

Page by page discussion of the comic.

Re: Summer Updates - 017

Postby BarGamer » Thu Aug 06, 2009 12:39 am

Yeah, I've always thought "goyle" was of the stereotypical "Italian immigrant in New York" mobster accent.
I am the Barbarian Gamer. I can roam. I can explore. I am free to make purchases or returns or forum posts of whatever I please. I'm here for the same reasons you are. One, this interests me. And two? I love Erfworld. May the Titans help me.
User avatar
BarGamer
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Tool + YOTD + Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun May 03, 2009 3:12 pm

Re: Summer Updates - 017

Postby moose o death » Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:55 am

alright please tell me the scots and the aussie's get a side as some point

don't tell me you guys don't want steve irwins and crocodile dundee's. not to mention all the easy to make fun of aussie actors flooding hollowood. what was the name of that war movie a while back that was all american patriotism and starred two aussies in the lead roles? mel gibson and heath ledger were the actors clearly not my kind of movie but the irony isn't lost on me.

i'm sure you can get aussies to help with the accents. it's supposed to be the hardest accent to do
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
User avatar
moose o death
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:17 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Summer Updates - 017

Postby DevilDan » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:56 am

moose o death wrote:alright please tell me the scots and the aussie's get a side as some point

don't tell me you guys don't want steve irwins and crocodile dundee's. not to mention all the easy to make fun of aussie actors flooding hollowood. what was the name of that war movie a while back that was all american patriotism and starred two aussies in the lead roles? mel gibson and heath ledger were the actors clearly not my kind of movie but the irony isn't lost on me.

i'm sure you can get aussies to help with the accents. it's supposed to be the hardest accent to do


An early shot of the magic kingdom feature a fellow in what appeared to be a Mexican wrestling mask, so its' possible that there's quite a bit of variety in that regard on Erf. Of course, neither Jersey nor Oz nor Mexico mean anything to Erfworlders themselves... Of course, maybe there's a "Bensonhoist" or a "Joisey" in Erf.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
User avatar
DevilDan
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: Summer Updates - 017

Postby moose o death » Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:48 pm

the aussie side writes itself though. you've got erwin and dandy as warlords, dandy has a huge sword...bigger than jillians of course or else the eventual joke can't work. erwin commands a stack of cwockodils, you've got crow as the thinkamancer who throws his phone at whoevers closest when he's mad. their units are typically all the dangerous spidews and weptiles everyone is apparantly afraid of down here. i spent 5 minutes thinking this stuff up.

i'm sure the land of OZ could make an appearance very easily..unless i just ruined it by talking about it.
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
User avatar
moose o death
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:17 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Summer Updates - 017

Postby DevilDan » Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:28 am

Not to be chauvinistic, MoD, but anything past Erwin is already too obscure for most of us ugly Amewicans.
They could not possibly win. Every man knew this with certainty, and lo it was glorious.
User avatar
DevilDan
 
Posts: 1184
Joined: Tue Jun 09, 2009 7:44 pm

Re: Summer Updates - 017

Postby Anton Gaist » Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:06 am

DevilDan wrote:Not to be chauvinistic, MoD, but anything past Erwin is already too obscure for most of us ugly Amewicans.


Oh come on, Crocodile Dundee isn't obscure!

moose o death wrote:the aussie side writes itself though. you've got erwin and dandy as warlords, dandy has a huge sword...bigger than jillians of course or else the eventual joke can't work. erwin commands a stack of cwockodils, you've got crow as the thinkamancer who throws his phone at whoevers closest when he's mad. their units are typically all the dangerous spidews and weptiles everyone is apparantly afraid of down here.


Don't forget, they're all poisonous. And Dandy's Kangawoos are archer units.
Gentlemen, I like war.
I like trench war, I like Blitzkrieg, I like the offensive, I like the defensive.
I truly love each and every kind of war man can wage on a tabletop game.
Anton Gaist
 
Posts: 155
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 4:17 pm

Re: Summer Updates - 017

Postby moose o death » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:07 am

Anton Gaist wrote:
DevilDan wrote:Not to be chauvinistic, MoD, but anything past Erwin is already too obscure for most of us ugly Amewicans.


Oh come on, Crocodile Dundee isn't obscure!

moose o death wrote:the aussie side writes itself though. you've got erwin and dandy as warlords, dandy has a huge sword...bigger than jillians of course or else the eventual joke can't work. erwin commands a stack of cwockodils, you've got crow as the thinkamancer who throws his phone at whoevers closest when he's mad. their units are typically all the dangerous spidews and weptiles everyone is apparantly afraid of down here.


Don't forget, they're all poisonous. And Dandy's Kangawoos are archer units.


hell most of that was based on the stereotypes from a simpsons episode.

which apparantly groening apologises for everytime he visits. he thinks we hate him for some reason.

further idea that occured later, a caster called bingle who says boop every second word. "where the boopin boop are ya" wears a bikini.
the royal dame edna which looks kind of like a guy dressed as an ugly woman and wears big glasses.

unfortunately devildan has a point most americans can't tell the difference between an aussie, a south african, a kiwi or a pom. xbox live proves that beyond a doubt. if they heard guy pearce, russel crowe, hugh laurrie, peter jackson, mel gibson, all having a conversation they'd never pick who was from where. they'd just blanket all as from one place (oz,kiwi,pom, kiwi, oz) so there may be a point
http://moosetech.blogspot.com/ my video game art. in easy to read blog form. swing on by. laugh at my spelling.
User avatar
moose o death
 
Posts: 666
Joined: Tue May 05, 2009 4:17 am
Location: Brisbane, Australia

Re: Summer Updates - 017

Postby Unclever title » Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:47 pm

moose o death wrote:unfortunately devildan has a point most americans can't tell the difference between an aussie, a south african, a kiwi or a pom. xbox live proves that beyond a doubt. if they heard guy pearce, russel crowe, hugh laurrie, peter jackson, mel gibson, all having a conversation they'd never pick who was from where. they'd just blanket all as from one place (oz,kiwi,pom, kiwi, oz) so there may be a point
Case in point, I had to look up what you meant by both Kiwi and Pom, (I was initially thinking about fruit) However, once again thanks to wikipedia, I am marginally enlightened about another culture on the other side of the world!

I could probably (on a good day) decipher between a British accent and an Australian that's about it and I'd probably fail to recognize differences in a lot of key words.

Not to mention that I was surprised to learn that Hugh Laurie was not from the US because he does an American accent so dang well! After I learned the difference I started hearing where he (occasionally) would slip up.

Course I'd submit that a good deal of other countries have confused US and Canadian Accents ;)
Heck, North and South US is more distinct than US and Canada, at least to my ears.

Anyway, I would love to see some Aussies and Scots, in Erf.
Unclever title
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
Erfabet + Print 2 Draw 3 Supporter!
 
Posts: 92
Joined: Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:42 pm

Previous

Return to Reactions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests