The following rules apply to this forum. Please be familiar with them. We are not going to start out with a formalized system of disciplining infractions like the GitP forums, and it's our hope that we'll never have to implement one.
1. Flaming: Users of this forum are prohibited from insulting, name-calling, harassing, or otherwise abusing fellow posters. Debate is permitted and encouraged, provided all parties remain civil and respectful of one another.
2. Hate Speech: Posts containing slurs and broad negative generalizations based on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or age will not be tolerated.
3. Trolling: Posts intended to incite readers to anger or provoke hostile responses are not permitted.
4. Spamming: Spam messages are prohibited. This includes (but is not limited to) chain letters, get-rich-quick schemes, and posts promoting businesses or products/services. You may pimp your own comic/music/game/etc. in the appropriate threads. However, we do not want to buy your amazing weight-loss drug, we are perfectly happy with the sizes of our various extremities, and we've talked to every Nigerian prince.
5. Feeding Trolls: Do not respond to any post engaging in flaming, trolling, or spamming. This includes posts calling attention to the fact that the previous post was breaking the rules. Responses only encourage more posts. The appropriate response is to flag the post or contact a Mod.
6. Staying on Topic: Please attempt to post topics to the appropriate threads. Also attempt to stay on topic within a thread. Moderators reserve the right to relocate topics or nudge users back onto a topic.
7. Reporting Infractions: Please use the Report button or send a PM to a Mod to alert us of any post you feel is inappropriate. We will handle it from there. Please do not post simply to call a user out on a perceived infraction.
8. Mod Rights: Moderators have the right to edit, move, or remove posts/threads they feel are in violation of forum etiquette. The site owners also have the right to amend these rules as necessary without prior warning.
9. Appealing Mod Decisions: Users may appeal any action taken by a Moderator by sending a PM to the Moderator involved (or another Mod if needed). The forums may not be used as a public court in which to appeal Moderator decisions. Once a decision is reached, respect it. Re-posting deleted comments or restarting locked threads is forbidden.
10. The Will of the Titans: These boards are owned and operated by Rob Balder and Jamie Noguchi. Our editorial control of this site is total, and our word is law. This extends to the forum Administrators/Moderators and any other appointed representatives. We will try to be reasonable, but please respect our final judgments on all forum matters. Enforcement is up to us, and even belonging to the Toolbox does not give you permission to violate posted rules. If we find it necessary to ban your account and/or IP, your Tool membership (if any) will continue, but you will not be allowed to post on the site.
We don't have to tell gamers that rules are necessary. But it's better if the rules don't get invoked all that often. We've got a great group of readers and fans here, and as long as these forums continue to be a positive place to share your enjoyment of the comic, we're not going to be running a police state. You probably won't ever need to think about these rules, as long as you stay respectful and decent to your fellow Erfworld fan. Our thanks to all of you, for your enthusiasm and participation.