Auditions for the Erfworld Motion Comic Film

Speculation, discoveries, complaints, accusations, praise, and all other Erfworld discussion.

Re: Auditions for the Erfworld Motion Comic Film

Postby Finn MacCool » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:17 pm

Drahken wrote:Well I got about half of my submissions in within an hour after midnight last night, so I hope the midnight cutoff wasn't TOO strict. :?

midnight is still a couple of hours away where Rob lives, i think.

anyway, you should have a submission from me for every character i asked about, StarrFyre.
Finn MacCool

Postby StarrFyre » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:22 pm

Finn MacCool wrote:
Drahken wrote:Well I got about half of my submissions in within an hour after midnight last night, so I hope the midnight cutoff wasn't TOO strict. :?

anyway, you should have a submission from me for every character i asked about, StarrFyre.

I live in the same area as Rob, and that's correct: The dead line is just over four and a half hours from now, at midnight EDT.

I got them, thanks, Finn!

And to those interested in the number of auditions...we're up to about 700 now.
StarrFyre

Postby A.B.C. » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:44 pm

Ha! I had a bet with a friend that the number of auditions would triple by deadline day~

But then again...GACK. I hope my lack of good pop filter isn't TOO much of a detriment...it's a nice 80$ mic, after all...

Either way, opening the auditions to the reader of this was really cool of you guys to do! Best of luck to everyone, and here's to getting at least a one-liner so I can brag about being in the Erfworld motion comic! :D
A.B.C.

Postby Drahken » Fri Apr 20, 2012 10:02 pm

StarrFyre wrote:
Finn MacCool wrote:

I live in the same area as Rob, and that's correct: The dead line is just over four and a half hours from now, at midnight EDT.

I got them, thanks, Finn!

And to those interested in the number of auditions...we're up to about 700 now.

Oh, I thought that when it said "midnight on the 20th" it meant "the midnight at the start of the 20th", not "the midnight at the end of the 20th". Guess I had a day more than I thought and was fretting over nothing. ^_^;
Drahken
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!
YOTD + Erfabet Supporter!

Postby [VGN] Chronos|KK » Mon Apr 23, 2012 6:37 pm

Bah. I'm pretty sure I boned the audition - my mic picked last week to start acting up, and I couldn't afford to go get a new mic then. Not that it'll help much, but apologies for the cruddy audio; Trust me when I say that I'm definitely getting a new mic. (That'll happen whether I get the part or not; I record podcasts at least once a friggin' week. That, however, makes it especially embarrassing.)
I'm required by law to advertise the other things I do online; I'm one of the co-hosts of Kritzkast, the Team Fortress 2 podcast, and I run my own (Kinda crappy) Minecraft podcast called THUD. There - you can ignore this sig now.
[VGN] Chronos|KK

Postby arenson9 » Thu May 03, 2012 4:22 pm

How's the casting going?
arenson9

Postby balder » Thu May 03, 2012 4:35 pm

arenson9 wrote:How's the casting going?

Pretty good, but Crystal's a little overwhelmed with 1000 files to sort through before I start to listen. I'm told we had a lot of Jacks. :)
balder

Postby fourstring_samurai » Sun May 06, 2012 12:47 pm

WIll rejection letters be sent out to those who weren't able to make the cut? If I don't make it, I may need some closure. ;)
fourstring_samurai

Postby arenson9 » Tue May 15, 2012 11:28 pm

balder wrote:
arenson9 wrote:How's the casting going?

Pretty good, but Crystal's a little overwhelmed with 1000 files to sort through before I start to listen. I'm told we had a lot of Jacks. :)

I can't imagine slogging through so many auditions.

It's low priority compared to so many other things, but I'd be interested in seeing a histogram of how many auditioned for each part.

I'll be at Origins working in the Greater Than Games/ Sentinels of the Multiverse booth and hope to say hello if you and Xin will be there. You might remember me from ordering this (which I love):

http://www.erfworld.com/2011/08/page/4/
arenson9

Postby StarrFyre » Tue May 15, 2012 11:37 pm

fourstring_samurai wrote:WIll rejection letters be sent out to those who weren't able to make the cut? If I don't make it, I may need some closure. ;)

Everyone who auditioned will receive an email once I finish going through it all and we get all parts finalized.
StarrFyre

Postby kaychallis » Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:57 am

Given that the original casting plans for the role of Maggie didn't pan out, will you be holding open auditions for her?
Inquiring minds attached to mature female voices want to know.

Thanks,
K
kaychallis

Postby arenson9 » Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:15 pm

Just checking in to see if anything's going on and to say I'm still excited. Waiting. Mostly patiently.

We're y'all at Origins? I was so busy in the booth I forgot to look for you!
arenson9

Postby vonsnoothingham » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:28 pm

Just checking in to see how it's going. Any word?
vonsnoothingham

Postby StarrFyre » Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:31 pm

We are currently still reviewing auditions to determine who to cast where. As soon as decisions are made and emails are sent out, there will be a cast list posted. Thanks for checking in, everyone!
StarrFyre

Postby Finn MacCool » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:58 am

*blows dust off the thread*
sooo, how are things moving along?
Finn MacCool

Previous

Return to Everything Else Erfworld